12-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Hi.

Does anyone have CAD drawings of these?

Best regards Tim

4313B
12-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi.

Does anyone have CAD drawings of these?

Best regards TimYes, TAD does so call them and ask them for them. They obviously don't need them anymore. :rotfl:

timc
12-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah...i recon. Just asking since i now a few people have dabbled with them.

From TAD USA the TH4003 is discontinued :(

-Tim

Mr. Widget
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I have made copies of them, but I did it by making a silicone mold of an actual TAD horn and casting clones using a mineral filled resin similar to JBL's Sonoglass. I never had any drawings. A handful of our members have these clones.

Even before the TH-4003 horns were discontinued they were hard to find. At $2500 each not many people bought them. If you ever find a pair, they are excellent sounding horns... though I thought the finishing of the wood was rather poor for a product at this price point. Also I thought the laminated plywood construction looked a bit DIY.

Widget

timc
12-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for replying Widget. I was aware of your method of cloning. Thats why I didnt PM you ;) I have bugged you enough for quite som time.

We will have to look at another solution then. We could always make a second set of H9800 clones, but out of curiosity we would like to try something different with the second set of speakers.

Anyone familiar with the Fostex Radial horns?

-Tim