PDA

View Full Version : Integra DHC 80.1 Pre-Amp

lgvenable
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with the new Onkyo Integra DHC80.1 pre-amp. Its a new THX Ultra2 Plus, 3-Zone, 9.2 Channel Network Preamplifier/Processor with Audyssey DSX (wide or high);as well as Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz.

Combine this with a serious set of amps, and it would seem to be the heart of a great new system. I was looking at an Outlaw AUdio 997; but this pre-amp knocks me off my pins. I'll get a chance to go listen to one in Bowling Green; I was just wondering if anyone else is considering this preamp?

http://integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?m=DHC-80.1&class=Separates&p=f

Robh3606
11-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Well for what its worth I have an Integra 9.8 and think it's great. The only issue I have with it is that I can't set the Audessey to a Flat response. I can in a couple of select modes but not across the board. Other than thiat I am very happy with it.

Rob:)

Mr. Widget
11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
The only issue I have with it is that I can't set the Audessey to a Flat response. I can in a couple of select modes but not across the board.With MultEQ XT (License key and dealer calibration required) and the latest software, a dealer can help you set it up with adjustable guide curves... you can set it ruler flat, make it look like the Himalayas, or anything in between.

I have seen the new DHC 80.1, but have not yet tried one. I am not sure if it is sonically any different than the 9.8, but I agree with Rob, the 9.8 is great and I expect the 80.1 to be even better.

Widget

lgvenable
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
look at these pics and the specs attached

lgvenable
11-21-2009, 06:06 PM
on order, saved a ton. I get it on Black Friday! Sounds like I'm up all night getting the system taken apart and rebuilt.

Anybody need a pretty good Denon 3806?