PDA

View Full Version : Tru-Sonic 120FR Question

vanmeter
10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
This is my first post here; I have posted about this on AK as well but thought I'd ask here also since there seem to be some different members. I was recently given a Karlson cabinet which I have an EV 15TRX I intend to put into it. However, the cabinet had a Tru-Sonic 120FR in it that was very dull sounding initially. Cleaning the contacts helped that; I also cleaned the cone as best I could to remove some damage as shown in the photo, but apparently either in the process or as a result of the speaker seeming to have been wet at some point, I now have a buzz which seems to come from the diaphragm, which seems to be rattling. If I push down gently on it the barest pressure causes the rattle to do away. I referred to is as a dust cap earlier on AK (full range drivers are all new to me) but after reading I gather it's more than a dust cap.

That said, how do I fix this? Also, the dome has several small dents; is it possible considering the nature of this driver to fix them, or should I leave them alone and just worry about the rattle?

Thanks in advance!