PDA

View Full Version : Don, what is this?

Guido
06-22-2004, 09:33 AM
http://audioheritage.org/lht-plant.htm

4313B
06-22-2004, 10:17 AM
The only thing I recognize is the huge role of toilet paper in Photo 01...

Figge
06-22-2004, 12:04 PM
i think giskard is lying! he recognizes pic 12 too:D

4313B
06-22-2004, 12:31 PM
:rotfl:

Guido
06-23-2004, 03:20 AM
Ho Ho Ho!

Thanks for competent answer.

Figge
06-23-2004, 04:28 AM
hehe! u r welcome :)

i dont know what lht plant is...im pretty shure its a jbl factory though.

Hofmannhp
06-23-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Guido
http://audioheritage.org/lht-plant.htm

Hi All,

seems to be at "Nexus" plant, the contractor of JBL for the SUB 1500, 1400nd and 1400fe, etc. speakers.

HP

paragon
09-24-2004, 11:33 AM
Hi Don,

Say where we can find new pictures, please !!

Eckhard

paragon
09-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Tell us also about the people who build the speakers now.
Do they have JBL`s in their homes and how is about the work at
JBL and more. Can`t explain ( Sie verdienen es).
This are the woman and men who build this fascinating drivers
and speakers we love, doen´t forget !!!

Regards
Eckhard

paragon
09-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Bad,
No answers !!
What`s going on ??
These woman and men are building the speakers you buy !!
No respect ??

Eckhard

Don McRitchie
09-27-2004, 10:34 AM
The key people behind the engineering of JBL products are covered on the site. There is a separate article about Greg Timbers, the designer of most of JBL's infuential products for the past three decades. Doug Button ( JBL's premier tansducer designer) and Jerry Moro's work is described in the Project May section. As far as interviewing the workers on the production line, I haven't gotten that far yet.

paragon
09-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Ok Don,
Do this, if you are able to do!

Regards
Eckhard
P.S. whats about the 375 Pictures for all ?

Don McRitchie
09-27-2004, 01:41 PM
You really want interviews of the production line workers that have little knowledge of what they are building beyond the same specific tasks they perform day in and day out?

Alex Lancaster
09-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Yes Don, We want to know what they drink, undrink, and purify any non genuine thoughts, if not suitable, We will report them to Adolph Altec.

Guido
09-28-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Don McRitchie
You really want interviews of the production line workers that have little knowledge of what they are building beyond the same specific tasks they perform day in and day out?

Don, I think Eckhard want to know a little bit about the working conditions at JBL.
Here in Germany people that work on exclusive products earn exclusive money. For example the workers at Mercedes Benz drive Mercedes. First of all because they earn good money and second because they have discount.
I'm not sure if Echhard is aware that the conditions in the USA are different. I don't think the JBL workers can afford own JBLs although they produce high class products.
If this is a shame or not isn't a discussion for the forum.

I think its better not to know too well as it will take the mythos away.

John Nebel
09-28-2004, 07:01 AM
Can't resist...

You mean that Merc pays its American workers less than its German ones?

Guido
09-29-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by John Nebel
Can't resist...

You mean that Merc pays its American workers less than its German ones?

Mybe i open a can of worms now but at least they tell us so over here ;)

Well aware that i go off topic now but they tell us:
- American Workers work more for less money
- American Workers need only 10 days vacation a year instead of 30 for the Germans
- To fire American Workers is as easy as hiring them

What should I say? Let's go back to speakers....

John Nebel
09-29-2004, 05:59 AM
Guido,

I guess you know Daimler-Benz bought what was the 3rd largest American auto manufacturer in 1998 and cultural differences almost destroyed both companies. That according to numerous articles in the WSJ and The Economist. In that light your comment on wages was interesting.

Maybachs are not selling too well.

Harman owns Becker and AKG as well as JBL and JBL Pro.

Big truck = very good car :). Chevy with Bose sound system, just like Maybach only twice the weight !! Just kidding, I've never liked an auto sound system, too much background noise.

John

Mr. Widget
09-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by John Nebel

Maybachs are not selling too well.

I saw one the other day. It is no wonder they are not selling well. The damn thing looked like Beverly Hills Bordello. I thought it was mighty tacky with all of it's "luxurious appointments".

As a craftsman I really do appreciate the German respect for workers. There is a respect for quality of goods that goes to their core including quality of life.

I see our "Walmart" culture as a poison that is killing us and is so insidious that it most likely will pollute if not completely damage the entire world. I have no problem with Mcdonalds on the street corners of the world but it does show how our influence can spread. It has affected the global culture, but nothing like the "Walmartization" of the world that is coming. Americans are glazed over at the thought of buying merchandise at shockingly low prices. They have forgotten to ask, is this thing any good? They just buy it for $10 and then when it breaks or worse yet performs poorly, they say, "well it was cheap, I guess I'll get another." This is a terrible waste of the planet's resources and it creates land fill not to mention it takes away the joy of use one can get from using a quality product.

I am deeply concerned that we have created a culture that is addicted to cheap immediate gratification. It is essentially economic sugar. It is being rebelled against in certain quarters, but the trend is toward a globalization of this mindset that can only be sustained with the near slavery conditions that China and a few other nations allow for their work force.

I am optimistic that eventually this house of cards will collapse, but not before great damage has been wrought to most of the world.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Widget

johnaec
09-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Widget
...nothing like the "Walmartization" of the world that is coming. - ...It is being rebelled against in certain quarters, but the trend is toward a globalization of this mindset that can only be sustained with the near slavery conditions that China and a few other nations allow for their work force.
What bothers me the most about Walmart is the fact that the low wages and benefits their works get is directly responsible for several of the Waltons being among the 10 most wealthy in the world, with wealth in the billions!! Yet they refuse to pay their workers a living wage...

John

Zilch
09-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Widget points toward what the current global struggle is about:

While there are major elements of religion, politics and culture (themselves intimately intertwined) in the conflict as well, more generally, the rebellion is against "Western Modernism," and its pervasive infiltration worldwide.

It's no secret, of course, that controlling the resources themselves is seen as central to fueling vs. stemming the relentless tide. Indeed, it may not subside until they (and us all, as well, perhaps) are entirely consumed.

"America: ask yourself why this has happened." It was not a gratuitous gesture, as we are now only beginning to understand; there is appreciable legitimacy to the cause.

Off topic, most certainly, but hopefully also a meritorious synthesis here. Thus, at least for myself, the dissonance is resolved. Ascertaining the good and the evil of it is considerably more difficult, alas. And where I stand is as yet indefinite....

John
09-29-2004, 12:34 PM
I could not agree more about the walmart comments.it is about total greed. They build a supercenter at the interstate exit a few miles from a town and suck the life out of that town,and the sad thing is the the locals particapate and a few years later they wonder what happenned to their town. It has been boarded up and has become a ghost town.:mad:

paragon
09-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Sorry, what have i done ??,

Don, do you think they doen´t know much about the things they do for JBL ?
Do you think they are yust working for the (may be little) money
they get ? Yes, may be.
Yes, you did a great job, but what`s about the people fix(?) the
components and more.
What`s about the man who build the paragon ?
Was something about in an old german HiFi magazine.
Is money really all in this world today ?
Please, need the adress again to send the pictures.
Deleted all files.

Regards
Eckhard

mikebake
10-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Giskard
The only thing I recognize is the huge role of toilet paper in Photo 01...

I see what I presume are some Vertec boxes in one photo............

and lots of nice looking drivers laying about!!!!

4313B
10-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah...

I'll drop the keyboard comedian gig ok?
I'm pretty sure 98% of my humor is understood only by me anyway.

Damn! I crack myself up!!! :rotfl:

mikebake
10-09-2004, 02:30 PM
No, no, don't stop! I got it, and I think we all like the funny comments. Anyway, those photos are cool because it's like the kid in a candy store syndrome.
The Vertec array seems fairly well regarded in the pro audio world.............
MBB

Mr. Widget
10-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Giskard
Yeah...

I'll drop the keyboard comedian gig ok?
I'm pretty sure 98% of my humor is understood only by me anyway.

Damn! I crack myself up!!! :rotfl:

Oh, it was a joke? :banghead:

Zilch
10-09-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't see no toilet paper..... :mad: