PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstein sub bass

JBL 4645
09-27-2009, 06:31 AM
I wasn’t sure about the thread title so I thought of Damon and his Frankenstein gear?

There seems to be a number of videos on youtube showing how to make speaker with some rather strange odds and ends lying around the home

Making a SubWoofer using a Solenoid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJXp9Ltf0FM&feature=rec-HM-r2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJXp9Ltf0FM&feature=rec-HM-r2)

Eaulive
09-28-2009, 11:45 AM
It does make sound, but it sounds more than a rattle to me than anything else.

loach71
09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
You may be thinking of tactile transducers....
The car audio (dB drag racing) types seem to favor these products.

JBL 4645
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
It does make sound, but it sounds more than a rattle to me than anything else.

I wouldn’t be surprised it has no enclosure and cone looks like its glued to the top seems a bit unbalanced. But at least it’s producing some form of sound.

You may be thinking of tactile transducers....
The car audio (dB drag racing) types seem to favor these products.

They are I thought all they cared about is BOOM! BOOM! Muddy bass noise!
I wouldn’t mind trying this out and set them around the sofa for (That Love In Feeling Vibration Sensation).:D

demon
10-03-2009, 02:51 AM
thanks for the frankenstein-reference!
altough i have to say im not really flattered to be compared to this rattling junk (;)) with my ultimate highest end audio chain (:applaud:) , i got to say that i was thinking about testing tactile transducers myself. they have some interesting points.

cheers,
mikey

ps: the video isnt available any more.

JBL 4645
10-03-2009, 08:23 AM
thanks for the frankenstein-reference!
altough i have to say im not really flattered to be compared to this rattling junk (;)) with my ultimate highest end audio chain (:applaud:) , i got to say that i was thinking about testing tactile transducers myself. they have some interesting points.

cheers,
mikey

ps: the video isnt available any more.

Now isn’t that most suspicious! :hmm:

I’m sure someone has made a copy of the video for reference use?