PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody,Question about 240ti's

Pasoleote
09-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Just registered,i have of course been snooping around for a few months,thank you all for a wealth of information.
Started to get back into Audio latley,i used to realy enjoy it in the early 80s,then like most sold the Marantz settled for a Kenwood ,watched way to much TV.
Never did buy those 250 ti's that i couldn't afford.
Anyway i do have a pair of L112s and the B380 is stuck at Customs in Windsor right know so there is hope.

And of course i do have a question right of the bat,Gentleman just e-mailed me Pictures of a pair of 240ti's he want's to sell and the woofers are white?!

They are supposed to be LE 14 H1 and black according to all i can find on them .
Anybody have any Ideas what is going on?
I have asked him but thought i go to the experts with it.
Any Input greatly appraciated.
Thank You

Titanium Dome
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome! :wave:

Can you post the pictures he sent you? If we can see the driver's surround we can probably tell you all you need to know.

Pasoleote
09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Sorry,
haveing trouble attaching them,will try later

BMWCCA
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Maybe this will help: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s

Pasoleote
09-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks,had read that,needed to resize,havn't played enough online/with pictures ,please excuse the incompetence.Hope this works now.
Thank You.Not the best Pictures,not what i thought belongs in a 240ti.

MikeBrewster77
09-24-2009, 09:55 PM
not what i thought belongs in a 240ti.

:no: You're right - they are not the original drivers.

Pasoleote
09-25-2009, 05:53 AM
:( I didn't think so, just a big speaker at that point i guess ,he said he did not know,always been white since he had them,would have to ask his dad who bought them new....
Never did follow up others than that he was firm at $700.- cdn,so not for me.
I would have liked something that i can drive too,shipping is just so risky.
Anyways if they came from his father it is probably best if he has them,just going to regret selling them latter .
Mike Brewster77,BMWCA,Titanium Dome thanks for your input,appreciate it.