PDA

View Full Version : What glue to use to replace dust cap?

ngccglp
08-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi,

I have a scan speak woofer (the one that is coated with carbon fibre and inverted dust cap). Lately I noticed the dust cap is coming loose and I can hear buzzing. May I know if I can use the white glue used for wood to stick it back. I know this white glue will be transparent when dry.

Any advise?

Thanks

mmiller43228
08-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't use that type of glue. it gets too ridged. If I were you, I would use the softer glue that is used for foam surrounds.

rdgrimes
08-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Orange Co Speaker has a black glue that stays soft and looks like factory original. It comes with all their replacement dust caps. It's a little tricky to use though, kind of sticky and stringy, so you want to practice with it on something else.

ngccglp
08-24-2009, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the advice. Will investigate.

09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Orange Co Speaker has a black glue that stays soft and looks like factory original. It comes with all their replacement dust caps. It's a little tricky to use though, kind of sticky and stringy, so you want to practice with it on something else.

It's called 3M 4789 SCOTCH-GRIP ADHESIVE. Available in large lots only, as far as I can tell, so buying a single tube from a speaker repair shop is probably your best bet...