PDA

View Full Version : 4th LHS Forum Meeting - Deutschland

saeman
05-24-2009, 07:45 PM
It's Official - July 24th - Freitag - At HP's Blues Garage in Bad Homburg.

This will be the 4th meeting in Germany; last year in Hamburg and two previous to that in the Blues Garage.

On a recent visit to the U.S. HP and I discussed the idea many times over too much to eat and too much to drink. The 24th is the last night of our scheduled July trip to Germany this year and this is a perfect way to end a vacation. Good thing is my flight doesn't depart at 8am like it has in the past. For all unknowing and unaware of past meetings, they have gone past 4am near every time.

Frankfurt is as close to central as you get so we're hoping for a good turnout this time and it appears that Germany has a few new Forum Members since our last gathering. Of course we're looking to see the meeting regulars (those who have made it before) and the hardliners who have made all of them.

All interested in attending please post here and PM either me or HP so we can add your name to the list. If you need an overnight room HP will try his best to help with those accomodations - hopefully a short staggering walk from the Blues Garage.

I'm personally hoping to see some old friends from past gatherings - Hansjuergen, Eckhard, Guido, Peter B., Sir Richard S. my Balvinie buddie, Wolfgang S. and Peter H. I'm taking the attendance of the hardliners for granted - Florian, Claus, HP and me as we haven't missed one yet. We also have some members von Frankreich who before expressed an interest (this is your chance) as France is not that far away.

We have several guys in the NRW who could possibly share the ride as well as the guys from the Hamburg area. Rolf - this is your time, come on down and pick a few guys up on your way.

There will be lots of JBL to talk about, always great food and cold bier. I'll buy biers for the first guy to reply yes.

Rick

richluvsound
05-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi Rick,

I'll be there . I'm due to speak to Guido this evening about this and the new SPEAKERS :applaud:

Rich

demon
05-24-2009, 10:19 PM
hello!

im interested, but i dont know if i got enough time. but id sure like to show up.

cheers from vienna,
mikey

paragon
06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Location is always stored in my Navi. We`ll see.
Ich würde euch gerne wiedersehen.

Eckhard

saeman
06-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Hallo Eckhard. I hope that you will make the gathering. We can pick up where we left off 2 summers ago as we have a lot to talk about. I like the pic of your VW Beetle and it reminds me of years back when I was big into Volkswagens (when my income was low and VW's were all many could afford). Last year I picked up my old scared VW with a fork lift and put it into a dumpster for the land fill. It was a 1974 Super Beetle Limited Edition Gold Sun Bug, that I always wanted to restore to like new original. If my boys had more interest maybe it would have happened. These days die Kinde have little interest in such cars. I bought the car new in 1974 at Pearl Harbor Volkswagen in Hawaii. Too bad it had to go.

It sounds like the numbers are starting to come together. To date Fangio is 70/30 and needs a little more arm twisting I think. Tom Rode will come from Berlin as he enjoyed the last meeting in Hamburg. Richard is coming and he says that Guido will come too. Me and HP of course and also Schloerch (Claus) will come from Metzingen.

I'm hoping to hear from previous attendees and we hope to see again Peter Bronak, Wolfgang S., Peter Hoerninger and Hansjuergen. It would be nice also to see Jan Daugaard again. Has anyone heard from him?

The date is still Freitag 24 July at the infamous Blues Garage in Bad Homburg. HP will help any interested in finding a local room for the night. Four weeks from now I'll be sipping biers in Munich and the gathering is just a week after that. Make plans if you can.

Rick

paragon
06-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Rick,

Thanks for answer. I have trouble in my family just right now. Mother in law is staying in her bed here at home to die (cancer). But i wish for hear there is only a few days she have....
I´ll try und ich würde sehr gerne wiederkommen.

Eckhard

paragon
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Mother in law died at 11 o`clock pm german time. My daughter is crying on and on. Ich bin froh das sie nicht länger gelitten hat.

Eckhard

saeman
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Hallo Eckhard:

My best wished to you and ihren familie. I agree with you in always hoping that there is limited suffering during these situations. These times serve to remind us of our own mortality. The message is to push on, celebrate having had that person in your life and make the very best of the remainder of our own lives.

I hope to see you in Bad Homburg.

Rick

mcds
06-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Mother in law died at 11 o`clock pm german time. My daughter is crying on and on. Ich bin froh das sie nicht länger gelitten hat.

Eckhard

Mein Beileid.

paragon
06-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Thank you all !!

Eckhard

Fangio
07-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Too bad folks, I won't be able to attend this time. Other dates / duties intervened. Let it rip..

:beach:

Rick, how was your excursion to France?

nrwjbl
07-23-2009, 04:18 AM
Hi to all participants of the meeting and have a nice time together at HP's.
I'm definitely sure you will have a pleasant and interesting time together.
So much more I regret I cannot be part of the session.
Special regards to Rick from USA.

enjoy it ..... :cheers::cheers:
peter