PDA

View Full Version : Methods for providing Horn/CD compensation

Balderdash1
12-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Embarking on a project with large EV HR9040 mid horns. I'm trying to find available crossovers that provide all the essentials. It's difficult. I need cd compensation, selectable slopes, frequencies etc. Digital would do it, but I'm trying to avoid that for the time being. I can find crossovers that can do some of the above, but not all, particularly with cd compensation.

My primary question is: Can cd compensation be provided by other methods? Some type of outboard equalization perhaps?

Tom Brennan
12-13-2008, 08:55 AM
The EV spec sheets available at the EV website show passive compensation circuits for various EV drivers and horns.

Robh3606
12-13-2008, 09:06 AM
It can be done with a passive network as Tom suggested. Typically most canned CD compensation built into most EQ's don't won't work as well as they could. They are an approximation. Your best bet would be to find the passive network or a digital unit that has programs for speakers that use that horn. Otherwise you are on your own to figure it out.

Rob:)

Balderdash1
12-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks you both..

Ian Mackenzie
12-13-2008, 05:28 PM
You could try messing with an Ultra Curve to strart with and then work out the filer to fit the curve .:)