PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading this site? Just me?

BMWCCA
11-13-2008, 08:19 AM
For about the last 24 hours the audioheritage site has been slow to load, stalls, or times out. I don't have this problem with any other site on my computer that I can tell. It also looks like the forum traffic has been somewhat light, too. Is this a problem anyone else is experiencing or should i be looking for solutions closer to home?

Thanks. So far it's only been saving me money! ;)

JBL 4645
11-13-2008, 08:58 AM
For about the last 24 hours the audioheritage site has been slow to load, stalls, or times out. I don't have this problem with any other site on my computer that I can tell. It also looks like the forum traffic has been somewhat light, too. Is this a problem anyone else is experiencing or should i be looking for solutions closer to home?

Are you running any other programs on the computer that might be one of the causes?

If I was running photobucket not uploading if I just had it open on the computer I get some lagging, its those Emos you know, you know photobucket is part of that silly MySpace site and that site is slower than snail going at warp factor 10!:banghead:

Besides there’s not much traffic on this site its calm. If you liked to try Livevideo that site stinks its like no other lagging you’ve seen before, something to do with Beta format software I was told? Not sure what software this site is running?

BMWCCA
11-13-2008, 09:36 AM
[quote=JBL 4645;227743]Are you running any other programs on the computer that might be one of the causes?/quote]Thanks for the suggestion but, no, nothing running even in background. And it's the only site of many exhibiting the problem. Just started yesterday. Seems to be a bit better right now. Could be my DNS choice. I'm running Open DNS only because its usually far more reliable than Comcast, but I don't think DNS has anything to do with speed. :dont-know

johnaec
11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
No problems for me, unless you go to that DVD thread where I notice Ashley has just uploaded tons of megs of Indiana Jones images which will take forever to load unless you've got a fast connection....

John

SEAWOLF97
11-13-2008, 08:48 PM

Same here ..its painfully slow ... worse than 14.4 on dialup :(

JBL 4645
11-14-2008, 02:26 AM
No problems for me, unless you go to that DVD thread where I notice Ashley has just uploaded tons of megs of Indiana Jones images which will take forever to load unless you've got a fast connection....

John

Hey don’t blame me, :D my computer is at least 12 to 14 years old and I’m a real cheap low rate internet connection.

BMWCCA
11-14-2008, 05:36 AM
Same here ..its painfully slow ... worse than 14.4 on dialup :(Exactly, but this morning all seems back to normal.

I expect we'll see site traffic pick up, too, since in some cases I was unable to ever load the forum pages. The fact that Seawolf was having similar problems suggests it is not an isolated problem. Whatever the problem, it's great to have it working again.

SEAWOLF97
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Its all good today...mebbe even a little faster than norm ....OMG ,,,I actually agree with BFDH ....Oh No !!!
Worlds colliding ....:(

BMWCCA
11-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Its all good today...mebbe even a little faster than norm
See, it has already cost me money: Bill Evans Quintessence, from the What's Playing Now thread. :applaud:

OMG ,,,I actually agree with BFDHAnd your choice of car sucks, too! ;)

JBL 4645
11-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Exactly, but this morning all seems back to normal.

I expect we'll see site traffic pick up, too, since in some cases I was unable to ever load the forum pages. The fact that Seawolf was having similar problems suggests it is not an isolated problem. Whatever the problem, it's great to have it working again.

“They’re hare” seems like you’ve had some poltergeist, gremlin issues on your end…:D

BMWCCA
11-14-2008, 11:56 AM
seems like you’ve had some poltergeist, gremlin issues on your end…:DUnlikely, since this was the only site, and Seawolf experienced the same problem. And it fixed itself for both of us at the same time. Some sort of routing/DNS issue, I'm thinking. But I'm computer illiterate, that's why I use a Mac.

Could be 'cause of all that "black ash" I've been loading up on, too! ;)

JBL 4645
11-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Unlikely, since this was the only site, and Seawolf experienced the same problem. And it fixed itself for both of us at the same time. Some sort of routing/DNS issue, I'm thinking. But I'm computer illiterate, that's why I use a Mac.

Or maybe it has something to do with the tinnitus beam that Area-51 is using in Nevada? :D

SEAWOLF97
11-14-2008, 05:36 PM
And your choice of car sucks, too! ;)

so you like dem furrin' cars ? Mines so slow, caint hardly git out of its own way..:(

LATER: well I'll be damned !!! there is a black ash tree

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinus_nigra

Ecology

It commonly occurs in swamps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp), often with the closely related Green Ash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinus_pennsylvanica). The fall foliage is yellow. Black Ash is one of the first trees to lose its leaves in the fall.
Black Ash is a food plant for the larvae (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larva) of several species of Lepidoptera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepidoptera); see List of Lepidoptera that feed on ashes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lepidoptera_that_feed_on_ashes).

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinus_nigra#cite_note-4)

johnaec
11-14-2008, 05:38 PM
so ..what does a black ash tree look like ? (for next time I'm walkin in the woods)I think is the same stuff all those L5's and L7's he's been collectin' use...

John

JBL 4645
11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
You need this to get around in Tom, humvee. :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/eb/Humvee_equipped_with_four_snow_treads.jpg/800px-Humvee_equipped_with_four_snow_treads.jpg

SEAWOLF97
11-15-2008, 03:27 PM
You need this to get around in Tom, humvee. :D

Naw, Ashley ....the weather here is sunny and beautiful, just need my bikes. :D

JBL 4645
11-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Naw, Ashley ....the weather here is sunny and beautiful, just need my bikes. :D

Oh, I see I guess the temperature is mild, I see.

I have another theory as to the sites performance running slow, could be the server? But that would affect my end not just your end. Maybe I wasn’t on at the time even thou I’m online 24/7 now haven’t bothered to logout in nearly 3 or 4 weeks now?

Maybe I was asleep when the site was running slow and missed it?

SEAWOLF97
11-21-2008, 09:26 PM
WOW...even worse than last week, like a 24000 modem, pages never finish, this site ONLY

BMWCCA
11-22-2008, 12:27 AM
WOW...even worse than last week, like a 24000 modem, pages never finish, this site ONLY
I mentioned it earlier today when we were discussing the Craig's List L300s. It's only a little better now at 2am. How come it only seems to be you and me? What DNS addresses are you running or are you on automatic?

Hoerninger
11-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Over the pond it is as usual, ok.

SEAWOLF97
11-22-2008, 08:42 AM
I mentioned it earlier today when we were discussing the Craig's List L300s. It's only a little better now at 2am. How come it only seems to be you and me? What DNS addresses are you running or are you on automatic?

I'm on Comcast auto DNS, why us ?? mebbe the only 2 bimmer pilots ? (or everyone else is used to it ? )

Problem isnt finding the site,,,its WAITING on ah.org ...some pages never complete.

Hoerninger
11-22-2008, 08:51 AM
A Linux live CD/DVD just for testing the hardware?

BMWCCA
11-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm on Comcast auto DNS, why us ??

Problem isnt finding the site,,,its WAITING on ah.org ...some pages never complete.As I think we've discussed before, I'm also on Comcast. So maybe disregarding the DNS addresses, something in Comcast's system is slowing us down?

Are they targeting us personally as suggested in this letter to the FCC:
http://www.comcast.net/terms/network/update/

How will the new technique work?

The new network management practice works as follows:
If a certain area of the network nears a state of congestion, the technique will ensure that all customers have a fair share of access to the network. It will identify which customer accounts are using the greatest amounts of bandwidth and their Internet traffic will be temporarily managed until the period of congestion passes. Customers will still be able to do anything they want to online, and many activities will be unaffected, but managed customers could experience things like: longer times to download or upload files, surfing the Web may seem somewhat slower, or playing games online may seem somewhat sluggish.

BMWCCA
12-05-2008, 06:38 AM
It's happening again today. Over 30 seconds just to load my own profile page (no photo), over a minute for a simple search. Strange.

We shall overcome. Carry on.

hjames
12-05-2008, 06:46 AM
It's happening again today. Over 30 seconds just to load my own profile page (no photo), over a minute for a simple search. Strange.

We shall overcome. Carry on.

Mebbe some kinda hackers hammering your college town?

I know, you have been picking on that poor Canadian guy in Europe trying to sell his L300s (free shippink) ... Bad Kharma~!

BMWCCA
12-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Mebbe some kinda hackers hammering your college town?Since it's usually me and SeaWolf at the same time, three-thousand-miles apart, I'm guessing maybe Comcast, though it's always only this site and no other. I can even load an Ebay page while LH is dragging its feat and Ebay, or any other page, loads normally while the LH page may take up to two minutes or more.

But, as before, it's cleared up even as we speak. Still, odd.

JBL 4645
12-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Something is strange tonight each time I post its (quoted) I haven’t even pressed the button I have to go back into the post and correct it, now is there something I should know?

I’m not going to make any changes if it happens again with this post.

JBL 4645
12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
WTF! See it’s happened again and this time it’s shrunk the text. Hackers be buggered Heather its some wanker on this site fooling around with the sites operations.:banghead::biting:

hjames
12-05-2008, 08:15 PM
You are not a good example - you have said many times your PC was hosed -
and, if memory serves, MS Office is corrupted on your machine as well ...
Plus you seem to use funny fonts for all your posts - who KNOWS what that means ???
(My default font is Verdana, yours it Times New Roman - but why?)

WTF! See it’s happened again and this time it’s shrunk the text.
Hackers be buggered Heather, its some wanker on this site fooling around with the site's operations.
:banghead::biting:

boputnam
12-06-2008, 12:25 PM
...it's ... only this site and no other. Today I joined your miserable group. :( As with you, the symptom is unique to LH Forum.

I ping'ed John Nebel to see if anything is showing at his end. Typically, it does not (his gear is cracker jack!) and this all relates to Internet traffic, but it is weird.

scott fitlin
12-06-2008, 03:07 PM
It takes a long time for Current Active Users page to load too. Originally i thought it was my computer, but I no loinger use that one, and it happens on all three of my computers I use now.

John Nebel
12-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Bo,

Could be a peering problem somewhere on the Internet or someone is blocking something between backbone providers.

FYI: I asked Susie to look at it from Qwest DSL in Colorado Springs and the AH site seemed fine from there.

If it persists, I can try resetting BGP.

John

PS

Without a traceroute, it's just a rumor.

Allanvh5150
12-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Got no problems with it way down here in New Zealand.:)

BMWCCA
12-07-2008, 12:21 AM
If it persists, I can try resetting BGP.
Without a traceroute, it's just a rumor.At first I figured it to be just some sinister plot to have us addicts quit cold-turkey.

Seriously, thanks for looking into it. It's really bad right now and of and on for the last two days. Can I run a ping or something to help with a trace?

Earl K
12-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Seriously, thanks for looking into it. It's really bad right now and of and on for the last two days. Can I run a ping or something to help with a trace?

- Try browsing this site when "Logged Out" ( assuming you know your password to log back in ).
- Keep "cookie acceptance" turned "on" within your browser settings .

- Also, within a browsers' settings ( called "Web Content" within IE5 ), dissallow the site to "specify page colors" .

Browsing this way makes my experience here quite acceptable ( efficiency-wise ) .

cheers

BMWCCA
12-07-2008, 08:17 AM
- Try browsing this site when "Logged Out" ( assuming you know your password to log back in ).
- Keep "cookie acceptance" turned "on" within your browser settings .

- Also, within a browsers' settings ( called "Web Content" within IE5 ), dissallow the site to "specify page colors" .

Browsing this way makes my experience here quite acceptable ( efficiency-wise ) . It's not just the rendering of the page content. Many sites I visit are far more complex with more personal data, etc, involved in the display. It's the site/server just not responding. Sometimes the page will remain blank for as much as a minute. Other times the menu bar only will load and then it'll hang for thirty seconds and then slowly display the rest. Even while this is occurring I can open another window or tab to any other Internet URL and that one will load normally while the LH is still stuck. And it's not browser specific. I'm on a Mac and I can use Safari and Firefox at the same time and both will have the same problem displaying the LH site, and not have any problem with any other. Weird, I know. For instance, it took over a minute just to preview this post. While waiting, I went to Audiokarma.org in another tab and that site opened immediately.

IE? Is Internet Exploder still actually a viable web interface? Certainly isn't for a Mac! Ever tried Firefox? ;)

Earl K
12-07-2008, 08:41 AM
IE? Is Internet Exploder still actually a viable web interface? Certainly isn't for a Mac!

- No, IE is no longer a viable browser for the Mac.
- I'm on a Mac ( OS 9.2 ) .

Ever tried Firefox?

- No, but then my problems seem to have a usable work-around / ( plus I have a new PC arriving in 2 weeks / & will be running XP ) .

It's not just the rendering of the page content. Many sites I visit are far more complex with more personal data, etc, involved in the display. It's the site/server just not responding. Sometimes the page will remain blank for as much as a minute. Other times the menu bar only will load and then it'll hang for thirty seconds and then slowly display the rest. Even while this is occurring I can open another window or tab to any other Internet URL and that one will load normally while the LH is still stuck. And it's not browser specific. I'm on a Mac and I can use Safari and Firefox at the same time and both will have the same problem displaying the LH site, and not have any problem with any other. Weird, I know. For instance, it took over a minute just to preview this post. While waiting, I went to Audiokarma.org in another tab and that site opened immediately.

- I'm guessing you haven't tried out my suggestions.

<> Earl K

johnaec
12-07-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm using IE6 with Win2K and an ATT 6mbit connection and have been getting nothing but blazing downloads!

John

hjames
12-07-2008, 09:42 AM
At home I'm on a dual 1.25g Powermac, running 10.5.5, 2 Gig RAM, Firefox 2.x - tied through Airport extreme and a cablemodem (COX CATV) ...
Also fast at work with a dell something-or-other, Firefox 3.x, Win Xp and whatever network they have.

Seems quite fast at both locations ...
At neither location have I fussed with cookies or browser settings

- No, IE is no longer a viable browser for the Mac.
- I'm on a Mac ( OS 9.2 ) .

- No, but then my problems have a usable work-around ( I have a new PC arriving in 2 weeks / running XP ) .

- So, did you or did you not try out my suggestions ?

BMWCCA
12-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I haven't been able to use the site for over a half-hour. I even called Comcast and they showed me how to access the network utility to ping. Ping showed no problem to Audioheritag.com, yet even while we were chatting, the forum pages were stalled, and had been for a half-hour. Even when an Admin PM'd me to ask me to change my "title", I was unable to send a reply, or to access my CP page. Then all of a sudden it went back to blindingly quick. Then nothing. This whole time I was able to scan, search, and reply several times on Audiokarma.org with no issue. Even check on my Ebay watch list. Crazy?!

I'm sending this now before the wole thing crashes again.

boputnam
12-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Guys and gals...

I pinged John Nebel and he and Ann have run many tests, and checked opertional status, and it is nothing on their end. My usage experience is now identical to yours - the webpage most often cannot load - but it is not a LH issue.

John oh-so-kindly recommends we raise the issue with Comcast, as he suggests it is a Comcast issue, and not anything larger, nor LH related. So, thanks to them for their taking the time to check.

OK, Comcast sucks. I get that. But it is weird, that, like you, of the many sites I visit either routinely or randomly doing research, only this one is impacted. :(

:dont-know

Doc Mark
12-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Greetings, All,

FWIW, I have had no problems in getting on, and using this site, at least not so far. I'm using an eMac with OS V10.3.9, and everything seems fine here. Best of luck sussing it out, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

P.S. I HAVE had Firefox lock up on me, or just dump me, quite often lately. But, that happens with every site, and not just here. I figure it's a FF problem.

John Nebel
12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
At first I figured it to be just some sinister plot to have us addicts quit cold-turkey.

A traceroute when it is not working properly would help.

JBL 4645
12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Today I joined your miserable group. :( As with you, the symptom is unique to LH Forum.

I ping'ed John Nebel to see if anything is showing at his end. Typically, it does not (his gear is cracker jack!) and this all relates to Internet traffic, but it is weird.

bop

But one or two of us here have experienced virus in the past myself included but I’d rule that possibility out for myself all here is normal expect for the text that keeps getting changed to quote automatically, not sure if it will happen tonight? Well let’s post and see if it does and my text is sent to (Normal Times New Roman).

Bugger that wired it’s reduced to size 2 and no quote tonight, weird? I’ll resize it to 3, this happens when previewing post, weird?

BMWCCA
12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
A traceroute when it is not working properly would help.
It was working perfectly for the last fifteen minutes. Now it's slowing down again.

As I said in a previous post today, Comcast says there's no way it can be them if it's only one site. If they do limit an individual's speed or access to the web from abuse of bandwidth, it limits all sites. That's not the issue here. It can't be Firefox, either, since when it happens I can switch to Safari with the same lack of response.

Comcast showed me how to access the ping test which I suppose shows speed to the LH server and that was fine. If you can explain to me how to do a traceroute (on a Mac), I'm happy to do so. (Edit: still working so I came back to say Apple Help shows the path through network utilities. I'll trace it next time it bogs down. Thanks again for caring about it.)

Hope this message gets through. Pardon my typos, I don't have time to go through previewing them now that it takes 15 minutes.

SEAWOLF97
12-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm on Comcast too , and HAD been having exact same problems as BMWCCA , but no problems for about a week ... speed is fine

XP
firefox

BMWCCA
12-08-2008, 06:42 PM
The site was running super hot all day. Now it's bogged down. Took me over a minute just to load one page of this thread. I'm running a traceroute now. I have no idea what it means, or how long to run it.

Edit: but it posted this reply quick enough with no stall.

Traceroute has started ...

traceroute to http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/ (208.69.32.132), 64 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 1.423 ms 0.905 ms 1.012 ms
2 * * *
3 * * *
4 * * *
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *

rdgrimes
12-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Unbelievably slow for the past couple days. Takes forever to load a thread, with one post appearing at a time. Sometimes, hitting reload will break the bottleneck and load the page.

XP and FF 2

John Nebel
12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Unbelievably slow for the past couple days. Takes forever to load a thread, with one post appearing at a time. Sometimes, hitting reload will break the bottleneck and load the page.

XP and FF 2

Do you use Comcast?

BMWCCA
12-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Reporting the good with the bad:

Everything is working great right now and the site loads as quickly as any other I've been to today. I can even access the smilie page which I'm sure adds so much more to the forum experience for those who bother to check my posts! ;)

Fingers crossed! :applaud:

rdgrimes
12-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Do you use Comcast?

Yes, but this is the only site having trouble. I just waited 30 sec for this reply box to open.

John Nebel
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Yes, but this is the only site having trouble. I just waited 30 sec for this reply box to open.

The problem is likely Comcast. You could find a neighbor who doesn't use Comcast and try it there.

Bo had a similar problem over the weekend at home with Comcast, but the site worked fine at his work.

Comcast appears to be limiting bandwidth.

I'm typing "Comcast" way too much!

rdgrimes
12-10-2008, 03:46 PM
The problem is likely Comcast. You could find a neighbor who doesn't use Comcast and try it there.

Bo had a similar problem over the weekend at home with Comcast, but the site worked fine at his work.

Comcast appears to be limiting bandwidth.

I'm typing "Comcast" way too much!
OK, so every single forum and site on the net is working fine, but Comcast has an issue with this particular site. Hmmmmm.

FWIF, LansingHeritage.org is also extremely slow.

hjames
12-10-2008, 04:05 PM
OK, so every single forum and site on the net is working fine, but Comcast has an issue with this particular site. Hmmmmm.

Yeah, sometimes thats how internet routing works ... a slew of net addresses can be funky through one ISP

But I don't know why you'd expect these two addresses to NOT work the same for you ... they are on the same hosting service ...
Basically that means your path to both of them is the same...

AudioHeritage.org -
Name Server:NS1.CSD.NET
Name Server:NS2.CSD.NET

LansingHeritage.org -
Name Server:NS1.CSD.NET
Name Server:NS2.CSD.NET

John Nebel
12-10-2008, 04:52 PM

Do you have recommendations as to what I might do?

BMWCCA
12-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Do you have recommendations as to what I might do?I don't, but I'm a computer dummie using a Mac! ;)

I will reiterate what Comcast told me when I called and asked if they could possibly be limiting access to specific sites and not others:

As I said in a previous post today, Comcast says there's no way it can be them if it's only one site. If they do limit an individual's speed or access to the web from abuse of bandwidth, it limits all sites. That's not the issue here. It can't be Firefox, either, since when it happens I can switch to Safari with the same lack of response.

BTW, it's been working normally for me all day long. Go figure! :applaud:

SEAWOLF97
12-10-2008, 05:28 PM
my "wild ass guess" (tho lots of past experience)

is an issue with Comcasts DNS resolution server ......you mite
get the IP of LHF and key that as a destination rather
than the common name, thusly bypassing Comcast DNS server, or
if on Windoze, you could mod the host file to make a permanent
local DNS lookup. So key "198.80.11.57" in instead of http://www.audioheritage.org

(I was working on my CCNA a couple yesrs back,but forgot most of it)

bottom line...NOT LHF problem.

John Nebel
12-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't, but I'm a computer dummie using a Mac! ;)

I will reiterate what Comcast told me when I called and asked if they could possibly be limiting access to specific sites and not others:

BTW, it's been working normally for me all day long. Go figure! :applaud:

I'm not sure that a telephone call to Comcast would yield much information unless they (1) performed actual tests (2) described the tests they performed (3) gave you set of conclusions and the reasoning behind them (4) the tests were independently verified.

Here is the routing from a few well-known networks to AH - this looks reasonable although the AT&T-Sprint NYC peering might be a bit congested.

route-views.oregon-ix.net>traceroute 198.80.11.57

Tracing the route to 198.80.11.57

1 128.223.51.2 [AS 3582] 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
2 128.223.3.8 [AS 3582] 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
3 207.98.64.65 [AS 3701] 0 msec 0 msec 4 msec
4 207.98.64.162 [AS 3701] 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
5 207.98.64.10 [AS 3701] 4 msec 0 msec 4 msec
6 207.98.64.137 [AS 3701] 4 msec 0 msec 4 msec
7 63.211.200.245 [AS 3356] 8 msec 4 msec 4 msec
8 4.68.105.68 [AS 3356] 8 msec 4 msec 8 msec
9 4.68.63.34 [AS 3356] 8 msec 4 msec 8 msec
10 144.232.9.151 [AS 1239] 4 msec 8 msec 8 msec
11 144.232.20.104 [AS 1239] 28 msec 28 msec 24 msec
12 144.232.20.140 [AS 1239] 68 msec 64 msec 64 msec
13 144.232.1.190 [AS 1239] 68 msec 64 msec 64 msec
14 160.81.226.14 [AS 1239] 68 msec 68 msec 72 msec
15 198.80.11.57 [AS 3364] 68 msec 72 msec 72 msec

AT&T Enhanced Network Services #########################

Tracing the route to apollo.csdco.com (198.80.11.57)

1 12.129.193.236 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
2 mdf001c7613r0002-gig-12-2.lax1.attens.net (12.129.193.253) 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
3 gar4.la2ca.ip.att.net (12.122.255.69) 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
4 tbr2.la2ca.ip.att.net (12.123.222.94) [MPLS: Label 30707 Exp 0] 4 msec 0 msec 4 msec
5 cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net (12.122.19.205) [MPLS: Label 16072 Exp 0] 4 msec 0 msec 4 msec
6 ggr3.la2ca.ip.att.net (12.122.129.13) 0 msec 4 msec 0 msec
7 192.205.33.190 4 msec 0 msec 4 msec
8 sl-crs1-sj-0-8-0-2.sprintlink.net (144.232.18.57) 16 msec 16 msec 12 msec
9 sl-crs1-stk-0-0-0-2.sprintlink.net (144.232.20.98) 20 msec 16 msec 16 msec
10 sl-crs1-che-0-0-3-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.20.240) 56 msec 56 msec 56 msec
11 sl-gw11-che-9-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.1.188) 56 msec 56 msec 56 msec
12 sl-csd-10-0.sprintlink.net (160.81.226.14) 60 msec 60 msec 56 msec
13 apollo.csdco.com (198.80.11.57) 56 msec 56 msec 56 msec

-------------- route-server.ip.att.net ---------------
--------- AT&T IP Services Route Monitor -----------
The information available through route-server.ip.att.net is offered
by AT&T's Internet engineering organization to the Internet community.
This router has the global routing table view from each of the above
routers, providing a glimpse to the Internet routing table from the
AT&T network's perspective.

This router maintains eBGP peerings with customer-facing routers
throughout the AT&T IP Services Backbone:

12.123.21.243 Atlanta, GA 12.123.133.124 Austin, TX
12.123.41.250 Cambridge, MA 12.123.5.240 Chicago,IL
12.123.17.244 Dallas, TX 12.123.139.124 Detroit, MI
12.123.37.250 Denver, CO 12.123.134.124 Houston, TX
12.123.29.249 Los Angeles, CA 12.123.1.236 New York, NY
12.123.33.249 Orlando,FL 12.123.137.124 Philadelphia, PA
12.123.142.124 Phoenix, AZ 12.123.145.124 San Diego, CA
12.123.13.241 San Francisco, CA 12.123.25.245 St. Louis, MO
12.123.45.252 Seattle, WA 12.123.9.241 Washington, DC

*** Please Note:

Ping and traceroute delay figures measured with this box are unreliable,
due to the high CPU load this box experiences when complicated "show" commands
are being executed.

For questions about this route-server, send email to: [email protected]

*** route-server.ip.att.net now uses AAA for logins. Login with
username "rviews".

User Access Verification

Username: rviews
route-server>traceroute 198.80.11.57

Type escape sequence to abort.

1 white-dwarf.cbbtier3.att.net (12.0.1.1) [AS 7018] 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
2 ar13.s10-0-0.n54ny.ip.att.net (12.124.182.17) 212 msec 0 msec 200 msec
3 gbr7.n54ny.ip.att.net (12.122.84.162) [MPLS: Label 9609 Exp 0] 200 msec 200 msec 200 msec
4 cr1.n54ny.ip.att.net (12.122.4.134) [MPLS: Label 16366 Exp 0] 200 msec 200 msec 204 msec
5 ggr3.n54ny.ip.att.net (12.122.131.9) 200 msec 200 msec 0 msec
6 sl-bb26-nyc-5-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.8.193) [AS 1239] 200 msec 208 msec 200 msec
7 sl-bb20-nyc-15-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.13.10) [AS 1239] 404 msec 0 msec 200 msec
8 sl-crs2-nyc-0-2-3-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.2.110) [AS 1239] 208 msec 200 msec 204 msec
9 sl-crs2-chi-0-5-0-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.20.162) [AS 1239] 200 msec 200 msec 200 msec
10 sl-crs1-che-0-0-0-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.20.161) [AS 1239] 200 msec 204 msec 200 msec
11 sl-gw11-che-9-0.sprintlink.net (144.232.1.188) [AS 1239] 200 msec 204 msec 204 msec
12 sl-csd-10-0.sprintlink.net (160.81.226.14) [AS 1239] 200 msec 204 msec 200 msec
13 apollo.csdco.com (198.80.11.57) [AS 3364] 200 msec 200 msec 204 msec

####################### route-server.savvis.net #######################
####################### Savvis Route Monitor #######################

208.172.146.29 Santa Clara, CA 208.172.146.30 Santa Clara,CA

This route-server shows the complete view of AS 3561 routes.

This router should be used to see if a route is in Savvis routing tables.
This router sets local-preference, MED, etc. for all routes equally.
This router should also be used to verify reachability from Savvis to other
networks.

This router should _not_ be used to verify Savvis backbone routing policy.
The best path shown is the current best path _from this router_.

For questions about this route server, send email to [email protected]

####################### route-server.savvis.net #######################

route-server.savvis.net>trace 198.80.11.57

Type escape sequence to abort.

1 bhr2-pos-11-1.santaclarasc8.savvis.net (209.1.169.178) 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
2 204.70.200.25 4 msec 4 msec 0 msec
3 pr1-ge-4-0-0.SanJoseEquinix.savvis.net (204.70.200.221) 4 msec 0 msec 0 msec
4 204.70.203.22 0 msec
204.70.203.34 0 msec
204.70.203.22 36 msec
5 bpr2-so-4-0-0.sanjoseequinix.savvis.net (208.175.172.170) 0 msec 4 msec 4 msec
6 0.so-0-1-0.XT2.SCL2.ALTER.NET (152.63.57.102) [AS 701] 0 msec 4 msec 0 msec
7 0.so-7-0-0.XL4.DEN4.ALTER.NET (152.63.89.233) [AS 701] 44 msec 44 msec 40 msec
8 POS7-0.GW4.DEN4.ALTER.NET (152.63.93.205) [AS 701] 40 msec 40 msec 40 msec
9 csd-gw.customer.ALTER.NET (157.130.160.62) [AS 701] 68 msec 68 msec 68 msec
10 apollo.csdco.com (198.80.11.57) [AS 3364] 68 msec 72 msec 68 msec

rdgrimes
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM
This is completely random, and makes no difference if I access with IP or domain. It works great for a bit then completely slows to a stop. If a page stops loading, hitting refresh a few times will often cause it to load quickly. Mostly I'm just sitting and staring at the red "Lansing" banner and nothing else, then a thread will slowly load one post at a time. Progress bar always just says: waiting for audioheritage.org.

John Nebel
12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
This is completely random, and makes no difference if I access with IP or domain. It works great for a bit then completely slows to a stop. If a page stops loading, hitting refresh a few times will often cause it to load quickly. Mostly I'm just sitting and staring at the red "Lansing" banner and nothing else, then a thread will slowly load one post at a time. Progress bar always just says: waiting for audioheritage.org.

You might try connectingcolorado.com (use the quicksearch) and ancientmoney.org to see if those are slow at the same time as you observe that AH is slow.

rdgrimes
12-11-2008, 02:27 PM
You might try connectingcolorado.com (use the quicksearch) and ancientmoney.org to see if those are slow at the same time as you observe that AH is slow.

It's ALWAYS slow. But I did, and they are too, although connectingcolorado.com loads quick cause there's not much on it. (no database)

When I just came to this site, the forum initially loaded in a split second, then as soon as I entered a thread it came to a screeching halt.

John Nebel
12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
It's ALWAYS slow. But I did, and they are too, although connectingcolorado.com loads quick cause there's not much on it. (no database)

When I just came to this site, the forum initially loaded in a split second, then as soon as I entered a thread it came to a screeching halt.

Does "they are too" mean that they are slow too?

Please use quicksearch on connectiongcolorado.com. What makes you think "no database"?

brutal
12-12-2008, 11:16 AM
The site was running super hot all day. Now it's bogged down. Took me over a minute just to load one page of this thread. I'm running a traceroute now. I have no idea what it means, or how long to run it.

Edit: but it posted this reply quick enough with no stall.

Trace hit your firewall and died. You need to allow ICMP (ping, traceroute) outbound.

boputnam
12-16-2008, 08:36 AM
You might try ... ancientmoney.org...I know that one! Good advice at any time! Nice... :)

BMWCCA
12-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Trace hit your firewall and died. You need to allow ICMP (ping, traceroute) outbound.Ain't got no Firewall out here in the boonies on my Mac. Unless Netgear defaults to one. I'm just a plug-and-play doofus.

And I'm not going to mention how well the site's been working because I'm sure that will be the kiss of death. :applaud:

John Nebel
12-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I know that one! Good advice at any time! Nice... :)

Bo,

One of the things we considered in this "what happened to AH" puzzle is that the connectingcolorado.com site has seen extreme usage due to people looking for work; that system also sends out notification e-mails for job openings many of which are requested by Comcast customers - perhaps some automated system within Comcast has flagged the 198.80.11 network due to its activity. Comcast may be trying to moderate bandwidth to benefit its customer base as a whole without regard to any particular set.

Jenny, who works for the State, noticed that she was having trouble reaching connectingcolorado.com from home as did Nan who works on the software behind that site (500K lines of code and HTML). Nan noticed the response time was fine on her private T1 and both she and Jenny concluded the problem lay with Comcast although, to give Comcast a break, it could be one of their peers.

In a long thread on the DSL bulletin board, users were having problems with gmail, whether it were Google, Comcast, or peering, no one appeared to have a definitive answer.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r20614645-Connectivity-Comcast-dropping-packets-from-googlegmail

John

boputnam
12-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi, John...

Thanks for the continuing efforts to help the suffering rationalize their frustration! I've gone to some lengths with pings, traceroute, etc., and cannot find anything diagnostic (to me). I've also compared to connectingcolorado.com and ancientmoney.org - no comparable issues, but I'm not on them as frequently. I need to await another bout of Slowski here and test them.

I enjoy ancientmoney.org. That is fantastic. :yes:

John Nebel
12-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi, John...

Thanks for the continuing efforts to help the suffering rationalize their frustration! I've gone to some lengths with pings, traceroute, etc., and cannot find anything diagnostic (to me). I've also compared to connectingcolorado.com and ancientmoney.org - no comparable issues, but I'm not on them as frequently. I need to await another bout of Slowski here and test them.

I enjoy ancientmoney.org. That is fantastic. :yes:

Bo,

You give way too much credit. Rationalizing frustration is well beyond me.

Best,

John

JBL 4645
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I tell you why its slowing down its those sodden EMO’S you know the ones that talk about slicing there wrists with mommies kitchen bread knife, that’s why its slowing down EMO kids on the internet rambling about how pathetic there lives are. We don’t have any EMO’S on this site now do we? :D

http://thewickedpinto.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/emo.jpg

brutal
12-17-2008, 01:38 AM
I wish my grass was EMO so it would cut itself.

:D

JBL 4645
12-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I wish my grass was EMO so it would cut itself.

:D

:rotfl::rotfl:

SEAWOLF97
12-20-2008, 04:40 PM
LHF speed is terrible again today, but suspect Comcast ..

BMWCCA
12-20-2008, 08:43 PM
LHF speed is terrible again today, but suspect Comcast ..
Just a reply as the OP on this thread to say everything's fine on this end, and to wish everyone all the best for a happy holiday.