PDA

View Full Version : AES 2008 San Francisco

Skywave-Rider
09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
If anyone is planning to attend the AES Convention at the Moscone Center, San Francisco, your comments regarding gear/presentations/buzz/etc., would be interesting.
http://www.aes.org/events/125/
Keep those of us stuck home apprised.

doodlebug
09-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I was there 2 years ago. There's an excellent trade show floor with more gear than you can shake a stick at. That year, I was underwhelmed with the Harmon booths, though. Too many great brand names but so little space to do any one of them justice.

The smaller booths, though, are where the cool new stuff is, IMHO. Also, the presentations are excellent though usually quite technical.

Unless you're in the business, though, you'll need someone to sponsor you. In my case, Presonus had a signup on their website for folks to register to get to the show floor but not enter the presentations. Still, it was worth the trip.

I'll not be around the Bay area when this one happens otherwise I would right back again.

Cheers,

David

Mr. Widget
09-05-2008, 04:38 PM
I was underwhelmed with the Harmon booths, though. Too many great brand names but so little space to do any one of them justice.:yes:

Same at CEDIA and CES. They have sizable "booths" but they are always over shadowed by much smaller companies with really cool stuff to show and some big players like Sony and others who put together extremely impressive displays.

I guess Harman focuses on what it's best at, buying up the competition. :D

Widget