PDA

View Full Version : A Little SO. CA fun!

Doc Mark
08-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Greetings, Friends,

Yesterday, Grumpy, Mech986 and his family, and Sweet Bride and I got together for lunch, some gear disposition, and some great fun! Todd and Linda were originally going to join us, but had some serious family business with which they had to deal, and ended up not being able to make it. They were certainly missed.

We met up at the Cheesecake Factory, near Brea, CA, and the afternoon just seemed to fly by! Without doubt, we talked about JBL, but our discussions moved around to many other subjects, as well. Grumpy, as you may know, donated some used 4333 cabinets for a dream project I've had in mind for many, many, many years! Thanks, Grumpy! Mech986 sold me a very nice pair of 2123H 10" drivers, which will eventually be a part of a 4-way system here in our mountain home. He had also very kindly made a special trip to Todd's, night before last, and after having survived a bit of a scrape, picked up some 2445J's that I am buying from Todd, and delivered them to me at the CCF meeting. Thanks, very much, Bart! Bart was joined by his lovely Bride and their very neat daughter, which really rounded out our merry band at the restaurant. Sweet Bride and I really had a fine time meeting some of our JBL friends here in SO. CA, and we look forward to the next chance we all have to spend a little time with food, fun, and each other!! Thanks, again, Friends, for having made the trip, and for your help in my efforts to get my dream system together!! It was a grand afternoon, and we hope there will be more of the same in the future! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc and Sweet Bride

Rolf
08-11-2008, 03:38 AM
in our mountain home.

Do you really have that? Is it a lake nearby? with fish in it? If so ... please let me come there! Invite us!

Doc Mark
08-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Do you really have that? Is it a lake nearby? with fish in it? If so ... please let me come there! Invite us!

Morning, Rolf,

Great to hear from you! Yep, we do live in the mountains of SO. CA, and our place is at 5,000 feet of elevation. There are several lakes nearby, but some, like Lake Arrowhead, are private, and only for those who live on it, and paid the requisite fees to fish, boat, or enjoy the lake. But, two miles away, we have little Lake Gregory, where many folks like to fish, and a little farther, we have the much larger, Silverwood Lake, where boating and fishing is allowed. 26 miles to the East of us is Big Bear Lake, where boating, fishing, and other water sports are also allowed. Also nearby, we have many campgrounds, which are super popular this time of the year. And, we also have many rugged trails into the wilderness, for those that are a little more adventureous in nature. Sweet Bride and I have done over 1,250 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail, which runs from Mexico to Canada, and skirts only a few miles from our mountain home. Like you, we love the outdoors, and especially the wilderness!

You are very welcome to come and visit, but first I'll have to move some stoves and lanterns, which is something I love to collect! Our place is covered with them, right now, and I need to get busy, and build more shelves for them! :blink: In fact, not too long ago, a very good friend from Norway, who also collects the same thing, came to visit for a few days. We have a wonderful time with our friend, Dag Ståle, and look forward to his next chance to visit! We also look forward to visiting Norway, someday. It's a lovely Country, and the Norwegians are great folks! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Rolf
08-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Doc, you have a pm.