PDA

View Full Version : Krell KSA-250s

zipplok
04-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Hello everyone. I have owned a Krell KSA-250 amplifier since purchasing it new in 1990. Over the years it has had several issues that required shipping it back to Krell for service. (4 times, out of warranty) The cost of shipping from Nevada to the Krell factory was very expensive. The further the journey also increased the chance of shipping damage which already happened once. Does anyone out there know of a reputable stereo service shop (Krell authorized?) on the west coast that works on amplifiers of this caliber. The amp produces an awesome sound when working correctly but I shudder of the thought of paying to have it shipped back to the factory again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Zipplok

richluvsound
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
yep, sell it and buy Pass Labs !

Rich

duaneage
04-17-2008, 06:57 PM
I would agree, if this is repair number 5 either fix it and flip it or cut your losses and abandon. It has GOT to be pricey to fix a krell, especially one 18 years old.

Ian Mackenzie
04-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Hello everyone. I have owned a Krell KSA-250 amplifier since purchasing it new in 1990. Over the years it has had several issues that required shipping it back to Krell for service. (4 times, out of warranty) The cost of shipping from Nevada to the Krell factory was very expensive. The further the journey also increased the chance of shipping damage which already happened once. Does anyone out there know of a reputable stereo service shop (Krell authorized?) on the west coast that works on amplifiers of this caliber. The amp produces an awesome sound when working correctly but I shudder of the thought of paying to have it shipped back to the factory again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Zipplok

Post on diy audio , there are plenty of knowledge people there (west).

The question begs why does it have issues?

Over heating? Short circuit output stage? Modiifed by someone?