PDA

View Full Version : JBL LE8 Center channel speaker

Jon
01-25-2008, 11:52 PM
I re used some old boxes to test a pair of le8s I refoamed, and wow these things sound great, the boxes are the smallest recomended for the le8 and they still sound awsome. When I first bought them, I knew nothing about the history or specks, they just looked like a good made JBL, so I refoamed them and put them back in the original boxes, they were way to small about .79cu ft, they sounded terrible, I though from every thing I read they were over rated, but with the new boxes they sound amazing for there size. Now to my question, has anyone ever tried an le8 as a center channel speaker? I was messing around today and hooked it to my home theater center channel out put and it sounded nice. The center channel is all about voice, its like the le8 was made for it.

boputnam
01-26-2008, 03:52 AM
The center channel is all about voice, its like the le8 was made for it.That would be an interesting application. Just make sure it has the same polarity as the L/R woofers...

Jon
01-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Had no idea vintage JBLs had reverse polarity, I went through all the polartiy threads on how to testing. I will be testing this today. Thanks for the info.

Jon
01-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I just tested the woofers, and your right there reverse polarity. Can't wait to test this in phase with the other woofers. Thanks again for the help.