PDA

View Full Version : Is this one of us ?

richluvsound
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Forumites !

I came across tis website and found these. Just wondering if it belongs to someone here. Looks pretty nice:D

www.audioclassics.com

Have a nice weekend , Rich

boputnam
12-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Looks pretty nice:DLooks can be deceiving... :(

Those are some nice amps - pity the signal path has that Behringer digittal EQ in it. They sound terrible. Wasted days and wasted nights...

Have a nice weekend , Rich :applaud:

richluvsound
12-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Bo ,

you have bloody good eyesight. I see a dbx and some ashley kit, but no berhinger stuff.

I dont understand blowing $ 15.000 on McIntosh amps and then straining the signal through a sweaty sock.

Rich

johnaec
12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
...you have bloody good eyesight.http://www.behringer.com/DSP8024/index.cfm?lang=eng

John

Robh3606
12-29-2007, 03:08 PM
He's got 1/3 octaves in there as well. If you looked at my rack you would say the same thing. My 8024 is there for RTA use only. He may very well be using his the same way.

Rob:)

toddalin
12-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Looks can be deceiving... :(

Those are some nice amps - pity the signal path has that Behringer digittal EQ in it. They sound terrible. Wasted days and wasted nights...

:applaud:

You don't know that the Behringer is in the signal path and not just used with it's mic to tweek the existing system..., like some of us do. :blink:

mikebake
12-29-2007, 03:16 PM
It appears to be using 2370's. Not my fave for home.

Mike Caldwell
12-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't think the gray 31 band EQ is an Ashly it looks more like a DOD. DOD is not really too much better than Behringer. I'm with Bo, I hope that Behringer is not in the signal path and for that matter the DOD EQ as well. The brown unit above the EQ is a DOD active crossover..yea it's not really doing justice to quality of the amps and the speakers.

Mike Caldwell

boputnam
12-29-2007, 06:08 PM
...you have bloody good eyesight...Ha! Yeah, I do - can smell their crap a mile away!

...If you looked at my rack you would say the same thing. Yup, I would.

...My 8024 is there for RTA use only. He may very well be using his the same way.Ah, but we know you know better!

You don't know that the Behringer is in the signal path and not just used with it's mic to tweek the existing system..., like some of us do. :blink:Uh, yeah, I do. It is expensive gear. It is running. He is using it.

And, you do run yours, right? You let it set it's magic curve but are you telling me you then actually physically (as in disconnect) bypass it? You truly use this POS for a part-time, sampling RTA, then take it out of the signal path, and set the curve to some other (maybe Rane... :baby: ) gear...!!?? Holyshit. Why trust it with anything if you are not going to "use" it, real time.

I don't think the gray 31 band EQ is an Ashly it looks more like a DOD. DOD is not really too much better than Behringer. I'm with Bo, I hope that Behringer is not in the signal path and for that matter the DOD EQ as well. The brown unit above the EQ is a DOD active crossover..yea it's not really doing justice to quality of the amps and the speakers.Mike's got it.

toddalin
12-29-2007, 07:45 PM
And, you do run yours, right? You let it set it's magic curve but are you telling me you then actually physically (as in disconnect) bypass it? You truly use this POS for a part-time, sampling RTA, then take it out of the signal path, and set the curve to some other (maybe Rane... :baby: ) gear...!!?? Holyshit. Why trust it with anything if you are not going to "use" it, real time.

Mike's got it.

Mine is sitting exactly where it has since the day it came home..., on the floor in front of the entertainment console.

Yes, I run the output of the Behringer into my Yamaha RX-Z9, disable all on-board eq and processing and use the Behringer noise to best set the level of the crossovers and position the speakers for the room as I can do this in "real time." I don't use its eq function in any capacity and there is no input to the Behringer from the Yamaha. :blink:

I then unplug the Behringer and let the Yamaha auto-eq the system. This essentually gives the Yamaha a "leg up" on doing its thing in the digital domain. :p

You think I'm alone? :cool: Look closer at the picture. How many wires are hanging down..., and how many would be hanging down if he had the Behringer (and all that other stuff) in the system. :hmm:

boputnam
12-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Mine is sitting exactly where it has since the day it came home..., on the floor in front of the entertainment console.That is where it belongs, if in the room at all... :p

I then unplug the Behringer...(and send it to eBay...??) and let the Yamaha auto-eq the system. This essentually gives the Yamaha a "leg up" on doing its thing in the digital domain. :p Yeah, I forgot about that advantage in your system.

You think I'm alone? :cool: Look closer at the picture. How many wires are hanging down..., and how many would be hanging down if he had the Behringer (and all that other stuff) in the system.Uh, none - no more than he has. That is a two in, two out device, but you know that. You are testing me, aren't you... :scold: I actually thought his wiring was pretty neat - not a lot of "wires hanging down" to me. It's pretty clean, for a "stereo shrine" look.

You think he uses it for mood lighting? Maybe so... :hmm:

I truly don't care - but it looks to me like it is active, is on, and may therefore be in the signal path. I've "run into" these in SR. They are awful. The last time - like you and Rob - I bypassed it completely. The sound was much better off.

I'll bet the system is capable of producing some nice tunes...Yes, it might be. But all Behringer gotta go. We all work so hard here on refining our systems and pay such particular attention to our speakers - we need to be as diligent about every device in the signal path. My mantra.

I'm as mystified by the turntable on a thin slab atop spindly legs, but that is for another thread.

I'm just whacking Behringer for one last time in the old year.

Ian Mackenzie
12-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Its a Goldsound design JBL system by the look of it.

John
12-31-2007, 03:15 AM
Well who cares about the audio, look at that 70,s decor!!! :barf:

richluvsound
12-31-2007, 03:38 AM
John,

you said what I was thinking .... ! the British are too polite;) Brings back nightmares of the construction camps in Fort Mac , Northern Alberta.

It just needs the proverbial "VELVET ELVIS" on the wall.:applaud:

Happy NEW YEAR !!!!!

Rich