PDA

View Full Version : Lexicon

richluvsound
12-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey folks,

There are 2 lexicon 501's for sale here. I was thinking they would be great to use on the 2245's if they are anything like the Bryston 7bst as is claimed. All opinions welcome please
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320192772534&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

TIA, Rich

boputnam
12-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi, Rich...

If indeed the Bryston 7B ST, the specs are fine for the 2245's.

500w 8Ω
>300 damping factor at 20HzI cannot find what Class of amp this is - I'm guessing AB.

Andyoz
12-08-2007, 06:30 PM
I cannot find what Class of amp this is - I'm guessing AB.

I would think they are AB. I know my Bryston 4B runs very cool and I assume that would suggest more B than A?? :)

All I know is the Bryston and JBL woofer match seems to work very well.

Rich, what image is the new Avatar..

richluvsound
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I would think they are AB. I know my Bryston 4B runs very cool and I assume that would suggest more B than A?? :)

All I know is the Bryston and JBL woofer match seems to work very well.

Rich, what image is the new Avatar..

oh, that old thing. Sorry you have to wait for full a disclosure;) I'm really proud of the wat they turned out. I have to deliver them next week. Then maybe we can unvail them.

Anyway, cant you sleep ?

This time last week I was in room 2 at Fabric , bloody Martin Audio again,

Sound was crap.:banghead:

Andyoz
12-08-2007, 07:30 PM
oh, that old thing. Sorry you have to wait for full a disclosure;) I'm really proud of the wat they turned out. I have to deliver them next week. Then maybe we can unvail them.

pm me, I won't tell.:)

I remember going to Fabric around 1998...I think it was newish then (or maybe it was that I was new to London). Martin Audio mention it on their website. http://www.martin-audio.com/edge/THE_EDGE7/p11.html

The club we were working on in Temple Bar, Dublin's finally sounding good. We were snooping around there on Monday and discovered that the sound system contractor had an incorrect crossover setting on the subs. Always thought the bottom end sounded weird and just blamed the room, now it kicks butt.

JBL 4645
12-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Just thought I’d add those pictures to the pc and upload them to this thread just in case.

The rear of the amp what is that called that thing that looks like a (push in plug) on the right-hand side?

JBL 4645
12-08-2007, 07:52 PM

Anyway, cant you sleep ?

This time last week I was in room 2 at Fabric , bloody Martin Audio again,

Sound was crap.:banghead:

LOL (Martin Audio) wash your mouth out! :D Those things where installed at the Empire Leicester square for a few shameful years, not the types you’re talking about, the cinema PA types five-screen and surrounds and thank god the JBL signature tone is back at the Empire.:p

boputnam
12-08-2007, 10:21 PM
The rear of the amp what is that called that thing that looks like a (push in plug) on the right-hand side?On the right side, while looking at the rear? That is a multi-plug input - accepts both XLR and TRS into the same fitting.

The attachment shows the wiring scheme for the multi-plug (Pin2 = +), and comparing the layout to Rich's pictures confirms (to me...) those Lexicon's are Bryston's under the hood.

JBL 4645
12-09-2007, 01:23 AM
bop

Thanks for that information the first time I saw one of those plugs was a JBL Eon loudspeaker several years back.

(Multi-plug input). Looks like a nice amplifier I think Rich should go for it for his JBL 2245.

Wow just one of them is 2 ½ times the weight of my Alesis RA300.

By the way what where those Lexicon amplifiers that where produced a few years back with (THX certification)?