PDA

View Full Version : New PE catalog

SEAWOLF97
12-02-2007, 02:06 PM
noticed in the new parts-Express catalog that they have JBL specific foam surrounds and also these resettable fuses would seem to be good protection for speakers. Anybody have experience ?

12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
noticed in the new parts-Express catalog that they have JBL specific foam surrounds and also these resettable fuses would seem to be good protection for speakers. Anybody have experience ?

None here with the foams, but the PTC's are available from DigiKey for less, and a lot more sizes, up to 9Amps...:D

pelly3s
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
if you read the catalog it says foam or cloth surrounds so they sell replacement cloths for 2225's.

12-11-2007, 10:31 AM
if you read the catalog it says foam or cloth surrounds so they sell replacement cloths for 2225's.
I obviously have not looked at the catalog yet...:blink: But I did just remove a cloth surround from a Waldom cone to put on a genuine 2225 cone that had a tear in it's surround. If the PE part is closer to original than the thin Waldom part, I may try it instead.

BMWCCA
12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I recall getting some extra 12" 128H surrounds from Rick Cobb along with the four-surround kit, and they were only about $12 each. Plus he was concerned about exact measurements on my old cones and indicated he had several different dimensioned 12" surrounds specifically for an sizing anomalies existing within the 128H production. So twice as expensive without the expertise from PE doesn't make a lot of sense to me, at least in the application I'm dealing with. Just a data point. Thanks for the info.

bigyank
12-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I have nothing but great things to say as well about Rick. Very thorough knowledge of the JBL product line which is definitely something PE won't be able to provide. ordering through Rick is quite painless as well.

My .02 :D

Yank

Thom
12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
I recall getting some extra 12" 128H surrounds from Rick Cobb along with the four-surround kit, and they were only about $12 each. Plus he was concerned about exact measurements on my old cones and indicated he had several different dimensioned 12" surrounds specifically for an sizing anomalies existing within the 128H production. So twice as expensive without the expertise from PE doesn't make a lot of sense to me, at least in the application I'm dealing with. Just a data point. Thanks for the info.

Does he only sell on EBAY? How would I recognize his store?

BMWCCA
12-11-2007, 06:11 PM
He always seems to respond well to email: [email protected]

His Ebay ID is: looneytune2001

Tom Brennan
12-11-2007, 09:27 PM
PE also has Radian replacement diaphragms for your JBL compression drivers. They also have Radians for Altecs but that won't make Altecs sound better.