PDA

View Full Version : Anyone close to Aberdeen Maryland?

mikezcar
11-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I collect Sherwood tube stuff as a primary addiction also JBL and Altec. There is a set of fairly large and seldom seen Sherwood speakers for sale in Aberdeen that would go nicely with some of the other Sherwood stuff stacked around here but the evilbayer has "pick up" only on them. Anyone close I could pay in money/vintage gear/undying gratitude etc etc to pick them up, pack them and drop off at shipping depot for me?

These are few and far between to be up for sale, while not a great speaker they are "ok" and really go with the Sherwood stuff, mainly as a looks kind of thing. No great value to them just want to add to my own little Sherwood museum. I realize these are not JBL, but hopefully I can be allowed a slip now and again. It's JBL or Altec all the time around here but these "other" speakers will be nice display pieces.

Mike

BMWCCA
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
A good three hours from me, otherwise I'd be happy to help. Blazer74 isn't the same guy Heather's dealt with before, is he?

I've got an old Sherwood analog tuner from about thirty years ago. Have to dig it out and see what it is.

Good luck!

hjames
11-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Sure - got those L200 cabinets from him for an insanely low price, as well as the Yamaha CR-1020 receiver I'll be selling soon (got a 2020 to replace it).
Nice guy but it IS a bit of a drive - 2+ hrs each way. Blazer is north of here and I'm headed South so Emma can speak in Charlottesville at some UU conference ... he's got a HUGE collection of stuff at any given moment ...

A good three hours from me, otherwise I'd be happy to help. Blazer74 isn't the same guy Heather's dealt with before, is he?

I've got an old Sherwood analog tuner from about thirty years ago. Have to dig it out and see what it is.

Good luck!

mikezcar
11-09-2007, 10:09 PM
When I saw the Sherwoods for sale I saw "Maryland" at the same time and wondered who do I know there,,,,,,, Then it dawned on me, that would be the woman I accused of "stirring the pot" just the other day. Knew when I typed that I should mind my own business as I don't usually jump in, something just hit me and I expected it to bite me then. I Thought you stirred the pot, you say I'm wrong, one thing I am not wrong on is this is TOO funny for words. What are the odds you might be the only one who can help and for no particular reason and mostly out of character I send the "stirrin" message, timing is just too funny.
Anyway there would be no hurry on shipping if it ends up you could pick them up after your return home.
Tell me what you think.:)

Mike

hjames
11-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I'll vouch that Blazer is a good guy - but I didn't volunteer a trip to his place -
frankly we've just got too much to do around here prepping for winter to take that day trip.

Anyway there would be no hurry on shipping if it ends up you could pick them up after your return home.
Tell me what you think.:)

Mike

mikezcar
11-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Works for me, thanks for the reply, I'll keep looking for an affordable way to transport and maybe end up with another set of oversized speakers.

Mike

opimax
11-11-2007, 08:19 AM
I am about 1/2 hour closer. I am willing to pick up. I am not willing to pack. I have a whimpy back at best. I am out of town till Tues nite in NC. I have plans Weds...now how can I help? :)

Mark

mikezcar
11-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the offer. The packing charges for speakers at UPS or other places is where the expense comes in that usually rules out the purchase for me, $125 each. So packing is a must, understand if you don't want to fool with it especially for a total stranger. There is a guy who is a member of a vintage Landcruiser site I frequent (yet another vice of mine) who is 1 1/2 hours away who may be able to pack and ship for me. He will be out of town before the auction ends and back after Turkey day. If the seller is antsy for them to be out of his way may ask you pick up and store till LC guy is back around. And I may get out bid and all of this will be just an exercise, but I do Thank you for the offer however it turns out.

Mike

John
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll vouch that Blazer is a good guy - but I didn't volunteer a trip to his place -
frankly we've just got too much to do around here prepping for winter to take that day trip.

You call that winter;)

I have been to your neck of the woods many times in January and trust me the little ice and the few flakes you have on the road is not really winter.:blah:

Drive yourself up to my part of the world in January and I will show what winter is all about.:applaud:

hjames
11-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Nah, don't like igloos so much ...

WInter is when comes when summer tires ... leaves fall, gets cold and windy.
Pond freezes, need to mulch and feed the yard, usual stuff.
Don't like shovelling or blowing snow, thats why I live so far south ...
You wanna live in permafrost places - you go fer it! :applaud:

You call that winter;)

I have been to your neck of the woods many times in January and trust me the little ice and the few flakes you have on the road is not really winter.:blah:

Drive yourself up to my part of the world in January and I will show what winter is all about.:applaud:

mikebake
11-13-2007, 07:40 PM
You call that winter;)

HA HAR HA!