PDA

View Full Version : JBL SoundGear

DanMan
11-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Holy cow! Just searched here and found no discussion at all on the JBL SoundGear. Maybe my searching ain't that good.

Does anyone remember the JBL SoundGear SG2020 and SG3030? (Sometimes denoted without the SG and just the numbers)

These were little boomboxes (as I'd call em in my day) aka Compact Stereo Systems.

Did anyone own/listen to these? Any thoughts on em?

hjames
11-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Apparently no longer for sale, but when I googled it I saw Amazon at least has specs and pictures ... customer comments there are from 2001 ...

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-SoundGear-2020-Compact-Stereo/dp/B000050XQA

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-SoundGear-Compact-Stereo-System/dp/B000050XQ8

Holy cow! Just searched here and found no discussion at all on the JBL SoundGear. Maybe my searching ain't that good.

Does anyone remember the JBL SoundGear SG2020 and SG3030? (Sometimes denoted without the SG and just the numbers)

These were little boomboxes (as I'd call em in my day) aka Compact Stereo Systems.

Did anyone own/listen to these? Any thoughts on em?

DanMan
11-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I actually remember seeing them at Best Buy back in the day but had no need for them. They were pretty short lived on the market. They actually show up on ebay at the rate of one or two units per year, but mostly the ebay ones have stated problems with the units. Just wondering if anyone hear ever heard em. Thanks hjames!

Titanium Dome
11-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Whew! Ugly little biters, eh?

And I thought my Creature IIs were ugly.

Audiobeer
11-10-2007, 04:10 PM
I'd bet they would sound good with an oil finish and some charge coupled crossovers. Paint the grills Bo Blue......I'm in Baby!

DanMan
11-11-2007, 01:23 PM
maybe its just me but the speakers upside down have an awfully familiar shape.... i think that makes em have a strange look. for a boombox the gun metal grey looks pretty good. to me both the soundgear and the harmony system are like the Tonka trucks of the real JBL :D

Audiobeer
11-11-2007, 06:45 PM
No offense, But seeing the signature series on those speakers is comparable to putting a very sexy Victoria secrets nightgown on a sow. Please take no offense, even HK marketing machine would not stoop that low and they probably own the trademark.

DanMan
11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
besides, she wasn't fat... she was just "gravitationally-challenged"

Audiobeer
11-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Good to see you have a sense of humor Dan. I'm a cynical Basta%$ at times. Glad your not taking offense. :)