PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Exchange at the Post Office Yesterday

toddalin
10-31-2007, 10:27 AM
I was at the post office shipping out the E155-4s and Eminence horns yesterday. Of course the three boxes were well packed and said "Fragile Electronics" on the tops. In very broken English, the postal clerk (Vietnamese I believe) asked "what's in the boxes?" Proudly I announced that they were JBL speakers. He asked if I sold them on ebay. I replied that I had sold them over the 'net, but not through ebay.

Then he started asking me if I liked various brands (starting with Bose of course) and I told him I was pretty much a JBL man.

Anyway, he said that the had some 3-ways, but had blown out the woofer surrounds. He thought the speakers were now useless. I asked what the woofers were and he said he thought that they were JBL 124s.

I told him that any JBLs were not useless and he could simply have them refoamed at Orance County Speaker for $45 each. He had never heard of refoaming or OCS.

Anyway, it looks like he now had an outlet to get his JBLs back on the road.

(Maybe I should have said, Yeah..., totally useless..., but I'll give you $50/pair...:hmm: )

NAHHH, we don't roll that way. :drive:

John
10-31-2007, 11:05 AM
:applaud::applaud::applaud:

SEAWOLF97
10-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Then he started asking me if I liked various brands (starting with Bose of course) and I told him I was pretty much a JBL man.

I left VN about 10 days ago. BOSE is everywhere, as well as some white van brand called "California Audio" . I did get a laugh out of this....

doodlebug
10-31-2007, 04:12 PM
(Maybe I should have said, Yeah..., totally useless..., but I'll give you $50/pair...:hmm: )

A few years ago, I went by a yard sale and the owner of a set of funky-looking speakers insisted that the woofers were no good but that I could have those funky speakers with the blue grills for $20 each because they'd make for interesting side tables. Even though I indicated that they could be repaired he pretty much told me that he didn't want to mess with them.

I walked away with the pair of 4425s......

Cheers,

David

DavidF
10-31-2007, 05:49 PM
NAHHH, we don't roll that way. :drive:
Cool. I would much prefer to know I helped someone. Much better feeling.

DavidF

Rolf
11-02-2007, 12:44 AM

Good to hear that there still are honest people in the world.

You have a "six" out of "six" on my scale! :applaud::applaud::applaud: