PDA

View Full Version : New Klipsch

DavidF
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Hmmm. Ain't your Grandad's Klipsch anymore.

http://www.klipschcorner.com/BlogDetail.aspx?guid=9d616bd8-01ce-400e-90af-bc1528b7f032

Looks like a CD horn, cone or compression driver on the mid?

DavidF

sourceoneaudio
09-25-2007, 10:24 PM
They look very interesting. :hmm: I wonder if Mr. PWK would approve if he were around. Seems from a look stand point they are veering away from his ideas.

Mr. Widget
09-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Those do look interesting... they may even be serious contenders. The horn geometry will certainly not fly with those who dislike discontinuities in their flares, but who knows... they may sound pretty good. I'd give them a listen before drawing any conclusions.

Widget

timc
09-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Atm, im breaking in a set of La Scala II's in the basement of our shop. Horn bass is something special. First time I've tried it. Do i prefer it over direct radiating?....Don't know yet, but it sure hits that kickdrum HARD.

I'll get to audition the new Klipsch Flagship in the spring. Will be fun.

-Tim

Titanium Dome
09-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Let's see here. Replace the three Al inverted domes with Ti, remove the Al inverted dome midrange and horn and replace with a 4" inverted dome Ti, and substitute an EOS Waveguide for the mini-horn on top, and you'd have a really nice speaker. Kinda like midway between a Revel Ultima2 Studio and Ultima2 Salon.

('Cuz that's what the cabinets look like.)

RKLee
09-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Those do look interesting... they may even be serious contenders. The horn geometry will certainly not fly with those who dislike discontinuities in their flares, but who knows... they may sound pretty good. I'd give them a listen before drawing any conclusions.

WidgetDon't like dicontinuitities in horn flare? Cover it up with some grille clothe. On practical side of me of me, it wouldn't make any difference.

mikebake
09-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Don't like dicontinuitities in horn flare? Cover it up with some grille clothe. On practical side of me of me, it wouldn't make any difference.
I think he meant sonically, not visually.

Mr. Widget
09-26-2007, 10:14 PM
I think he meant sonically, not visually.:rotfl:

Yes... there are many horn designers that feel a horn's flare should be free from abrupt changes.

Widget

Ian Mackenzie
09-27-2007, 04:33 AM
You mean a straight conical of course!

Steve Schell
09-27-2007, 11:19 AM
You got it Ian! And it needs to be a nice big a** one, not itty bitty.

RKLee
09-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I think he meant sonically, not visually.Oh, sorry.