PDA

View Full Version : New to the board but not to vintage audio!!

altec-shawn
09-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Hello all,

I am new to the board I have visited This sight many times and never thought I would have the chance to join on the count of me not owning any Altecs.

But luck has struck and I am now the new owner of a set of 879-A Santana's, my dad found a set of Altec 602-B drivers in professionally built cabs at the swap meet. but those are dads!,To explain how I got my hands on my Santana's is a dream come true!!!,I was doin the good old craigslist search in a state of bordom and came across a ad for 879-a Santana's for $150. I call the guy and luckily they are still available,very nice guy! he says he will hold them for me, I talked to him for a few and got off the phone.a minute later I have the idea to call the guy back ad offer him my Cerwin Vega D-9's in trade,he declines so I figure I might as well offer some of my other gear from the shelf of collected gear in the garage,I figure I should ask cause ya never know what they will say right?,much to my surprise I offered him a Yamaha c-65 pre amp or a Onkyo Integra P-306-RS pre,he says he would possibly do it for one of the pre's. now to close this deal I figured that since I have been trying to get rid of these pre's for quit sometime I should throw them both in why not the Yammi only cost me 90 and the Onkyo was free from my old boss.He says yes and tells me he will hold them and that they are going no where I told him sold I will be down there tomorow to pick them up,I could not be more happy with my decision, I will still have my Cerwin Vega's to make profit off of and I will have some much needed shelf space plus the Santana's!.

What a day! and to believe this all started this morning when I was waiting to hear from a guy about a pair of paradigm 9se's.

Also I am A member of Audiokarma-handle:vintage-yungin.

Shawn.

RKLee
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Welcome!

Audiobeer
09-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Cerwins and Altecs! You are blessed. Welcome to the boards for Altecs and the other ones....Jbls. Sounds like you did some good horse trading.