PDA

View Full Version : Help appreciated on cab dimensions for LE-15A

scorpio
07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm running a 3 ways using LE15A and 2450 crossed over at 600Hz (plus 2405 on top). The box for the LE15A is the 5.5 cuft tuned to 38Hz that can be found in the '75 and '77 enclosures guidelines in the library on this site. I never really played around this, it sounds OK to me, bass only being sometimes boomy on specific records, otherwise tuneful, and reasonably deep when needed by the soundtrack. My box a the basic birch ply coffin, ugly as sin.

Now that I am convinced that I'll keep this system for probably quite a few more years, I'd like to rebuild new boxes, better looking in shape and finish (probably something inspired from the project May boxes fro the shape). The thing is that I have zero experience in designing boxes using winisd or other s/w. If feasible, I'd like to save a little space, maybe by going to the 4.0 to 4.5 cuft enclosure from the same guidelines. When I put this in winisd, OK, it gives different curves, but I have no clue what the differences could mean in terms of final sound quality.

There are so many threads on this site re. winisd and modeling that I don't know where to start (the usual beginner problem), could anyone point me to some source of info that would be suitable to a dumb beginner? Better still if someone has experience to share regarding LE15A in different boxes.

Thanks much for your patience!