PDA

View Full Version : new here with pair of mint 4333A

berlinhifi
06-06-2007, 03:55 PM
hi all, I am new here after a purchase of a superbeautiful mint pair of 4333A on ebay, germany some weeks ago. the speakers are connected to a new mcintosh tubeamp MA2275. the sound is great allthough cdp and turntable are still not really matching. turntable is a thorens 320 and next week a naim cdx cdplayer will join the ensemble. find a photo attatched. I happen to look for a pair of frontcovers, as they were not included with the speakers. the 2 acoustic lenses are not mounted but I have them.
best,
darius from berlin, germany

oldsoundz
06-06-2007, 04:48 PM
A beautiful set of speakers. I would love to own them.

Welcome to the forum.

johnaec
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Beautiful speakers - congrats!

I happen to look for a pair of frontcovers, as they were not included with the speakers.Your best bet may be to simply build your own. It shouldn't be too hard to put a frame together out of wood, and use velcro to attach it - the design/construction would be very straightforward with that model, and at least look original once the frame was covered with grille cloth. Of course, it wouldn't have a nameplate, but reproduction ones are sometimes available. Look up member named Zilch here if you do something like this - he sourced some rolls of original JBL blue grille cloth and has made it available to forum members, so at least that issue would be covered.

John

Krunchy
06-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Zilch-he sourced some rolls of original JBL blue grille cloth, so at least that issue would be covered.
John Literally!

mech986
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Welcome BerlinHiFi to LH!! You obviously have some very nice monitors there and wish you the best in getting the missing pieces completed.

FYI, the outer front grille badges may still be available from JBLPRO parts here in the US (through your German distributor or maybe from one of us here stateside) if you don't mind them being labeled 4331B.

60176-12 NAMEPLATE, 4331B $ 2 3.24 USD EA

Bart

sourceoneaudio
06-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Welcome aboard. Looks like you are off to a very good start, very nice speakers. Let the fun begin, and the toys build up.........:p

Jeff
J/S-S1A :D

RKLee
06-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Nice speakers.:applaud: You will find that they will sound better than most of the direct radiators.

JBLRaiser
06-08-2007, 05:14 AM
hi all, I am new here after a purchase of a superbeautiful mint pair of 4333A on ebay, germany some weeks ago. the speakers are connected to a new mcintosh tubeamp MA2275. the sound is great allthough cdp and turntable are still not really matching. turntable is a thorens 320 and next week a naim cdx cdplayer will join the ensemble. find a photo attatched. I happen to look for a pair of frontcovers, as they were not included with the speakers. the 2 acoustic lenses are not mounted but I have them.
best,
darius from berlin, germany

Personally, I would feel more comfortable if you got your gear on an audio rack and off that electric piano. ;)

richluvsound
06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Welcome,

I have found my 4333a's sound better about 150mm off the floor. I'm making grills at the moment for my 4345's and 4333a's . It would be quite easy to machine another pair. I also have the proper blue grill cloth .
P.M me if your interested,
Greetz ,Rich

berlinhifi
06-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Personally, I would feel more comfortable if you got your gear on an audio rack and off that electric piano. ;)

thanks for the warm welcome so far! and yes, I will as soon as possible look for a propper rack for the nice and very heavy mcintosh....
best
darius