PDA

View Full Version : KEF speakers ?

SEAWOLF97
05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I picked up a pair of KEF Q10's today. Darn, they sound great for little guys. I assume the big KEF's sound even better ? I have never seen / heard any, but If the sound quality scales up on bigger units, they must be very fine.

made in U.K.

sourceoneaudio
05-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I picked up a pair of KEF Q10's today. Darn, they sound great for little guys. I assume the big KEF's sound even better ? I have never seen / heard any, but If the sound quality scales up on bigger units, they must be very fine.

made in U.K.

The company I used to work for back in the 80's use to sell KEF. It was the heads up brand used against JBL for comparison, and was also the other high end array in the store. We use to run Nakamichi PA-7's into them and the 250 TI's, the big KEF's were model number 104.7's if memory serves me correct. Yes they were quite the speaker, I'll never forget my first listening experience.:jawdrop:

J/S-S1A :D

richluvsound
05-02-2007, 12:39 AM
A great speaker. My Uncle has had the same pair for 30 years,he built new up-graded
xovers and did refoam. He said he has never found anything that sounded as good to him. They have the same kind of dynamic range as Jbl. The LF has substance,
the mids and highs are detailed yet warm. I believe KEF is the reason JBL never really got in the domestic door here.
Rich

SEAWOLF97
05-02-2007, 09:17 AM
thanx for answers ...

here is a pair in better condition than mine (which need grill cloth help) on the bay at $202 with 4.5 days to go. If I only had a place to use them .....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220106994004&rd=1&rd=1

soundhound
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Hello SEAWOLF97..Congrats on your speakers...Kef makes great speakers. My brother has a set of the 104/2 which are larger floorstanding speakers. The woofer points up and has a verticle rod that goes straight through the woofer's center. He told me what it does but it slips my mind. The 2 mids and the tweeter are mounted in a separate unit that bolts to the front. This unit is filled with some type of resin that seals everything in place. They have incredible sound but I'd hate to work on them.