PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Houston,TX?

Ken Pachkowsky
04-27-2007, 08:37 PM
If so, please send me a private message.

Thanks

boputnam
04-28-2007, 04:04 AM
When...? I'll be there for Cinco de Mayo, but only for a private gig...

Ken Pachkowsky
04-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Bo

Thanks for the reply. I found a pair of fold-up speaker stands for my new Westlake BBSM-8's and the guy has a flat shipping rate that is outrageous. To much hastle if your there on business.

Hope you and yours are well.

Have a good trip.

Ken

boputnam
04-28-2007, 02:06 PM
...my new Westlake BBSM-8's Dood...

You have fallen off the wagon, again!! :bash:

:rotfl:

-----

Anyway, I thought the BB8-SWP was the designated "stand"...?

Ken Pachkowsky
04-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Dood...

Anyway, I thought the BB8-SWP was the designated "stand"...?

Why, do you have a pair:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I wish...

Ken

boputnam
04-28-2007, 07:10 PM
So, what are you planning for these, anyway...?

Ken Pachkowsky
04-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Well

I got offered double what I paid for my HR-1's so I reluctantly sold them. These will be used till I figure out what I am going to get or build next. To tell you the truth I think I am ready for something less obtrusive. It was a difficult decision but how could I say no. I always thought I would be lucky to get what I paid for them. These don't appreciate the way JBL's do (go figure).:D

Ken

lfh
04-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I got offered double what I paid for my HR-1's so I reluctantly sold them. These will be used till I figure out what I am going to get or build next.

Condolences and congratulations :)

Check out this thread (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16046) for a suggestion what to build ;)

Fredrik

Zilch
04-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I got offered double what I paid for my HR-1's so I reluctantly sold them.You gotta be F'n KIDDIN' us. :banghead:

[Next thing we know, the Watt Puppies will be gone, too.... :p ]

Ken Pachkowsky
04-28-2007, 08:12 PM
You gotta be F'n KIDDIN' us. :banghead:

[Next thing we know, the Watt Puppies will be gone.... :p ]

Now thats funny. I was looking at a used but mint pair of Wilson Watt Puppies today for 18k

Ken

Titanium Dome
04-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Well, I'll be damned. (And I will be, too. :flamed: ) I never thought those would leave your possession.

I have no other word to describe my condition than...

:shock:

...SHOCK.

Ken Pachkowsky
04-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I never thought those would leave your possession.

...SHOCK.

I hear ya. It was not easy to part with them. The buyer is picking them up next Saturday. They are going above a classic fully refurbished API console outside Oregon City,OR.

It's a beautiful studio.

Ken

Titanium Dome
04-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Here's your new avatar until you get a replacement:

Ken Pachkowsky
04-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Condolences and congratulations :)

Check out this thread (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16046) for a suggestion what to build ;)

Fredrik

Interesting project. I will follow your progress.

I would like to build or get something more manageable. It's going to be difficult and probably impossible to match the performance of the HR-1's. I definately want to shy away from so many amplifiers. Every time I made changes it took a couple of hours to eliminate hums. Thank God it got easier as time went on. I should mention it gets damned expensive to use top quailty gear throughout a 4-way active system.

I know, I still can't believe I sold them. I felt the same way when I sold my 4345's to Bo:)

Ken

Ken

boputnam
04-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I know, I still can't believe I sold them. I felt the same way when I sold my 4345's to Bo:) Yea, I know what you need, but I don't have a clue what you want... :p

(vague credits to Robert Zimmerman "Memphis Blues Again...")

Ken Pachkowsky
04-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Yea, I know what you need, but I don't have a clue what you want... :p

:D :D :D

Ken

John
04-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi Ken I might be in Houston tommorow, not sure yet. The only thing I know right now is that I will be in San Antonio monday morning. Send me pm or email with your number and the seller's. Will check my email and pm box, later tonight. Just remember your gonna owe me one.:D