PDA

View Full Version : Did the re-foams on LE14C

kingjames
04-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Here is my end result on the Le14C. I believe I did a decent job for the first time. The first one was easy,the voice coil was aligned easily. The second one took an hour to get the coil aligned right. That cd that R.Cobb sends with the kit is definately a lifesaver. I just took my time.

These speakers are no slouches,they sound excellent. Bass is punchy and all there but the high's are a little shy. Played several piece's of music and was totally shocked by their sound. I also finished up the cabinet's a little and they are some decent looking performer's. I just thought these would be a very bland speaker but I was totally wrong. Sorry for the not so good pictures but I have one of those credit card size camera's. I don't know what that white stuff is on the 2nd woofer because it's not on mine.

fotodan
04-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Looks good jim:applaud: Have you tried removing the wax spots yet?

sourceoneaudio
04-26-2007, 05:30 PM
The re-foam job looks great! Are you sure the spots are not from the dogs or the kids sneezing on them? :p Looks very nice, A+++++++

Did the re-foam test you patience at all?

J/S-S1A :D

kingjames
04-26-2007, 05:40 PM
The re-foam job looks great! Are you sure the spots are not from the dogs or the kids sneezing on them? :p Looks very nice, A+++++++

Did the re-foam test you patience at all?

J/S-S1A :D

No the spots are from Howard's feed and wax, I squirted on a rag and some of it hit the woofer. I just tried some alcohol and qtips and it's too wet to say whether it removed them or not.Will keep you posted though.

I was only stressed on the first speaker because I didn't let the glue dry a little first. After about 15 minutes or so it started to stick to the cone. After that it was just the alignment of the coil on the 2nd speaker that drove me nuts. I finally got it right and as I say they sound excellent.

Titanium Dome
04-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Good job. It looks well done from here.

Since you have done this successfully, you are now clearly more of a man than I am.

Of course, as long as I can get a local authorized shop to do 14" refoams for $30 and 12" for $25 AND put them on the correct side, I'll keep letting someone else do it.* I just shouldn't go into that neighborhood after 3 PM.

*Plus, I'm lazy.