PDA

View Full Version : Hartsfield, HELP !!!

EBJ
04-15-2007, 09:29 AM
new to this site, I have a JBL Hartsfield blonde, I believe this is all original. My father purchased it new & has since passed away. I'm trying to figure out what it's worth. This speaker was used with a Fisher tuner & McIntosh amp ( I have these as well)......any help would be greatly appreciated. Reach me at [email protected] Thanks, Eric

Storm
04-15-2007, 09:53 AM
new to this site, I have a JBL Hartsfield blonde, I believe this is all original. My father purchased it new & has since passed away. I'm trying to figure out what it's worth. This speaker was used with a Fisher tuner & McIntosh amp ( I have these as well)......any help would be greatly appreciated. Reach me at [email protected] Thanks, Eric
:useless:

Oldmics
04-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Perhaps I can help.

Where in Md. are you located?

[email protected]

Steve Schell
04-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Eric, welcome to Lansing Heritage.

The Hartsfield is one of the most valuable and sought after speakers produced by JBL. Clean examples routinely sell these days for $5k to $8k. Being blonde, yours is probably an early one that some collectors especially cherish. You can read a profile on the Hartsfield on this site at this link:

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/profiles/jbl/hartsfield.htm

You can monitor the selling prices on ebay- don't forget to check the completed auctions. If you wish to sell the speaker, several folks on this site would probably like to discuss this with you. For more visibility, you might want to list it with some good pictures in our Lansing Product Marketplace forum.

You should also research the value of your electronics; most good quality vintage pieces are worth surprising amounts these days.

Oldmics is a good guy; I would trust his advice.

hjames, I can see nothing at all wrong with EBJ's post. Do you wish for people with rare JBL items to sell to avoid LH and its participants?

hjames
04-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Steve - I don't want folks to go away, I actually want them to stick around and chat a while ...:)

Eric, I'm sorry about the "Hit-and-run" comment - we get a lot of folks dropping by sometimes who just want a price, and don't stick around to chat or share information or pictures about their speakers.

Your Dad bought it new, hey? Got any memories of him and the Hartsfield you'd be willing to share?

Just ignore the rants of the forum-troll ...

JBLRaiser
04-15-2007, 03:49 PM
There - I've deleted my post so as to not offend. Should be easy to make argumentative folks happy when a post is under 24 hours old.

Now if you folks can just edit your posts and removed what you quoted from me, we can all be happy as clams!

Now, are YOU up for THAT?

Just proves again what a quality asset you are to LH.