PDA

View Full Version : Formatting error

Titanium Dome
04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
It seems that everything that used to be in italics is now in bold, at least in my browser. So, I tried to put something in italics, and even though I used the [-I-]-[-/I-] formatting tags it came out bold anyway. (I inserted the hyphens so the text wouldn't do an automatic mark up in the example. There are no hyphens in the normal formatting code.)

Anyone else seeing this?

Hoerninger
04-06-2007, 11:13 AM
It seems that everything that used to be in italics is now in bold, at least in my browser. So, I tried to put something in italics, and even though I used the [-I-]-[-/I-] formatting tags it came out bold anyway. (I inserted the hyphens so the text wouldn't do an automatic mark up in the example. There are no hyphens in the normal formatting code.)

Anyone else seeing this?
Bold, italics ... is working here.
I know formatting errors with this software, but I suppose it is a browser problem. A new start (browser /system I do not remember) has helped.

Titanium Dome
04-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, it is working in Firefox, so it must be the browser.

johnaec
04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I haven't noticed any problems in IE 6.1 and 7.0 - I recently posted some messages with italics just fine.

John

Mr. Widget
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
No problem in Safari... what screwy browser are you using?

Widget

Titanium Dome
04-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I haven't noticed any problems in IE 6.1 and 7.0 - I recently posted some messages with italics just fine.

John

No problem in Safari... what screwy browser are you using?

Widget

Safari is my default browser. In John's post above, I can see he used the proper formatting tags for italics, but it shows up as bold.

Here I've put Safari in italics and Safari in bold, and they both come out bold on my screen.

Titanium Dome
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Before anyone asks:

Safari 2.0.4
Mac OS X 10.4.9

It was working fine yesterday, and I have not changed any settings or added any software.

Perhaps I'll zap the PRAM and rebuild the desktop. :dont-know

johnaec
04-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Here I've put Safari in italics and Safari in bold, and they both come out bold on my screen.Your example shows me an italic version and a bold version - something must be goofy on your system.

John

boputnam
04-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Your example shows me an italic version and a bold version:yes:

...something must be goofy on your system.:yes:

JBLnsince1959
04-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Here I've put Safari in italics and Safari in bold, and they both come out bold on my screen.

Looks OK on IE 6.0.2800.1106
and very old version of IE 5

Hoerninger
04-08-2007, 04:05 AM
... and rebuild the desktop. :dont-know

Happy Easter! Find some eggs?

I used Firefox too. Reading was no problem at any time. There were only problems with formatting (CR, LF) while writing.