PDA

View Full Version : I have to keep loggin in

pmakres1
03-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Hello,
I am wondering why it is that, when I am already logged in, I have to keep logging back in, say for example when I post a reply to a post. I have been away for a while, and I wonderd if this is a new "thing", or a site malfunction?

Peter M.

scott fitlin
03-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Do you have the " Remember Me " box checked when you login?

pmakres1
03-21-2007, 09:17 AM

No, I didn't..but I thought that just kept you logged in when you closed and re-opened your browser (places cookie on hard drive). I would think that when you are already logged in, you would stay logged in throughout the session, for example when you are replying to a post, which I was. I didn't lose the data contained in my reply, but I would have to log in again in order to proceed, even though I was already logged in when I typed the replies.

pmakres1
03-21-2007, 09:19 AM

Scott,

Before I posted he last reply, I logged out and logged back in again, this time checking the "remember me" box; and I was not prompted to log in again. So, it appears that was in fact the reason. Thanks!

Peter

scott fitlin
03-21-2007, 09:35 AM
:D YW.

How did you think it remembers you the next time you come in?

You dont think computers are human, yet?

Titanium Dome
03-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Paul

While you were gone for a while, there was a site upgrade, and immediately after, I had a hard time keeping logged in. Turns out the upgrade konked out the "keep me logged in" preference, but once I checked it again, problem solved.

It's a feature, not a bug. ;)

TD

pmakres1
03-21-2007, 07:33 PM
:D YW.

How did you think it remembers you the next time you come in?

You dont think computers are human, yet?

As I said, I knew the "remember me" feature logged me in when I would return to the site (after leaving the site), which it still does. But I didn't think NOT having the box checked would mean I would have to keep logging in repeatedly within a session, when I have not left the site, as in when replying to a post. In fact, that still doesn't seem right to me.

Peter