PDA

View Full Version : SHOWCO electronics

louped garouv
03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
so i bought a showco DJ type preamp....

anyone have any experience with the SHOWCO gear from the 70s (i am guessing here)

Mike Caldwell
03-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello
SHOWCO was/is one of the largest live concert sound providers on the planet second only to Clair Brothers, who bought them out a few years ago. The logo on your little mixer is SHOWCO, in the glare of the flash I can't tell if it is actually silk screened on it or is a separate name badge place on the mixer. SHOWCO and for that matter custom built and still builds much of their own equipment, speaker cabinets...by the 1000's, signal processing, mixing boards and the list goes on. I never heard of them building small DJ type mixers ( maybe it was a one off custom) but if they did it would have been heavy duty and and built to last. The faders would be the biggest thing that would show signs of wear over the years.

Mike Caldwell

louped garouv
03-19-2007, 07:53 AM
thanks Mike....

I knew of Showco, actually was the primarily the reason for picking it up. (the reputation of Showco) I had read (very little info available by the way) that there was a pretty much unsucessful attempt by showco to get into Disco instalations back during the heydays of the 70s...

I will post some more pics when i get the unit later this week....

looks like there is a silkscreened showco logo on the back of the unit as well from the pics in the auction....

CONVERGENCE
03-19-2007, 07:36 PM
The Show Console is stacked.

Instant Store of all variable parameters within the console can be instantly recalled in numerical or "Show Order".

240 to 720 inputs, 80 to 240 active channels, 32 mix, digital control, analog audio, House or Stage mixer.

Superior audio quality by locating the analog audio Execution Rack near the stage with a fiber optic link to the separate Control Surface.

.................................................. .......................
Instant Store of all variable parameters within the console can be instantly recalled in numerical or "Show Order".

240 to 720 inputs, 80 to 240 active channels, 32 mix, digital control, analog audio, House or Stage mixer.

Superior audio quality by locating the analog audio Execution Rack near the stage with a fiber optic link to the separate Control Surface.