PDA

View Full Version : 4315's into L250's

subwoof
03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
About 5 years ago I rescued a pair of 4315's from a music store who got them from a local college. The 8's were gone and the 12's were replaced by some other brand...:(

To top it off the baffles were rattling like crazy since they must of been assembled on a friday afternoon and the glue gun was almost empty.

So off to the woodshop they went and I removed the BTS front lips on the table saw so I could remove the baffles. I changed the port to a standard PVC 90 degree fitting and enlarged the LF to a 15 and reassembled them with copious amounts of gorilla glue.

After carefully sanding and cleaning the veneer, I put on 7 coats of clear poly and parked them for a future project.

During the interm I have finally accumulated all the components to make a pair of L250's so the cabs went back to the woodshop last month to have the tweeter holes enlarged for the 044Ti and a set of adapter rings to allow the LE14H-1's to be installed. Also a template was built to correctly rout out the back for the large xover panel with the bussbars.

Here are the pix so far - the first pix of the original restoration were lost on an old harddrive....

sub

opimax
03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Glad you got some XOvers, waiting to hear how it sounds. :applaud:

Mark