PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Tom Loizeaux

Oldmics
01-22-2007, 01:50 PM
I was informed today of the passing of a friend and fellow Forum member
Tom Loizeaux.

Tom took his dog out for a Saturday morning walk and suffered a massive heart attack.He was 63.

While I didnt know Tom well,I knew him well enough to know that I liked him.

We would spend hours discussing pro sound systems which was a new hobby for him.We also spoke about the restorations on his JBL speakers.

He was a gifted craftsman,bass player and human being.

His work days were filled with him as a camera operator for the local film crew union.He was involved in many large film productions.

Goggle his name to see the depth of his involvement within the film industry.

A picture of Tom can be seen from this link to a Lansing Heritage post he made.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6357

Tom appeared to be the pinnicle of health.Non smoker,proportionate weight,everything seemed to be in his favor.

I guess none of us know how long we are destined to be here.

I will miss you Tom.

He is survived by his wife,daughter and son.

Get that JBL listening room in the sky setup for all of us to enjoy Tom.

John Harding/Oldmics

spkrman57
01-22-2007, 01:57 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Ron

louped garouv
01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
my thoughts and prayers out to the family and close (real life and internet) friends....

he will definately be missed by many......

myself included, even though I had never "really" met him....

David La Veau/Louped

edgewound
01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
What a shock!!!

I'm truly saddened by this news. Oldmics, from what you said about him being a truly nice human being....that surely came out in his posts.

Although I never met Tom personally, I felt he was a really good guy...I will miss his contributions to the forum.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

johnaec
01-22-2007, 02:12 PM
That's very sad to hear! I've always followed Tom's posts - he wasn't one to ramble on with meaningless chatter - 'always direct, and seemed like a real great guy. My best wishes for his family...

John

hjames
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Such a shame!
He was real friendly - offered me lots of tips as I was putting my speakers together, very earnest and helpful.
I'd always figured I'd head up to Baltimore and chat some day,
'cause we weren't that far apart - but -
... I guess that won't happen now ...

He was a real good guy - gone too young!

BMWCCA
01-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I, too, am very sorry to hear of Tom's passing. We'd spoken less than six-months ago about an equipment swap. He was also a Crown nut and asked me about the possibility of getting hold of my FM-3. We'd even talked about meeting to maybe work out a swap for some of his other Crown stuff. He was concerned about possible problems with shipping and offered to meet me in the NO.VA. area. He was a fastidious guy from what I could tell and he sent me a photo of part of his collection to show me that he'd be a good owner should I consider helping him out. We never got around to meeting even though he made a tempting offer. I'll post the beautiful photo he sent me so you all can see a bit of his passion. If the photo is deemed inappropriate under the circumstances, feel free to remove it. The odd thing is I was just looking at this photo earlier today. Very odd.

All my best to his family and friends. Enjoy life!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/BMWCCA1/PileofCrownampscopy.jpg

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/BMWCCA1/PileofCrownampscopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Mr. Widget
01-22-2007, 02:50 PM
John,

Thanks for letting us know of this terrible tragedy.
Please let his family know that he was very well thought of and that he will be truly missed by all of us here...

Widget

4313B
01-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Please let his family know that he was very well thought of and that he will be truly missed by all of us here...Yes, please let his family know how much we enjoyed his friendship.

My sympathy to his family.

paragon
01-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Was für ein Verlust !! Habe etliche Nachrichten von Ihm gelesen.
Very sad !! Wie schnell kann es vorbei sein ? Genießt jede Minute !
Enjoy every minute !

Robh3606
01-22-2007, 03:13 PM
I am sorry to hear this news. I will miss him. Please let his family know how much we thought of him. Nice picture! Reminds me of his avatar with the JBL's

My regards to his family

Rob:(

grumpy
01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I enjoyed his pleasant company here... most unfortunate.
Best regards to his family. -grumpy

mikebake
01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Very sorry to hear this. He and I had communicated even fairly recently via email/PM. Nice guy. Rest in peace, Tom.

John
01-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I am very sorry to hear of Tom's passing. He was one of the good guys on this forum for sure. My sympathy goes out to his family.

boputnam
01-22-2007, 07:27 PM
John,

Thanks for letting us know of this terrible tragedy.
Please let his family know that he was very well thought of and that he will be truly missed by all of us here...

WidgetYea, John - wow... That is truly a shocker. Awfully damned young...

One never knows when their last time will be. Do it all, and do it right. Tom always seemed to from my discussions with him.

I hope he suffered little, and there's someone to care for his best friend... :(

Audiobeer
01-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Tom was truly a class act. He always stayed away from contiversy but did not hesitate to help out with whatever imformation he had.

BMWCCA
01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
I was Googling around trying to learn more about Tom and came across what he called the first picture of himself he sent to this forum. (Even though it was mentioned in the first message in the thread, I didn't look at until I hit it in Google.) Seemed appropriate to let other see him doing what he obviously enjoyed so much. Rest in peace!
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=8640&stc=1&d=1119614579http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6357

DavidF
01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
...I was informed today of the passing of a friend and fellow Forum member
Tom Loizeaux.

While I didnt know Tom well,I knew him well enough to know that I liked him....

John Harding/Oldmics

Thank you for sharing the humbling news. Peace be with him.

David

Titanium Dome
01-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Always sad news...

Hoping he found peace.

Storm
01-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Wow, what hard news to digest - but, Tom - Rest in Peace.

Build me an Altec Theatre so that when I get up there we can have a never ending film festival!

:)

-Storm.

Rolf
01-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Very sorry to hear this. He was in a good age and should had many years left. Tom was one of the first members I made private messages with when I had troubles with the woofers in my 4333A's.

If possible, please give my sympathy to his family.

Guido
01-23-2007, 04:34 AM
These are truly sad news.
I was afraid that such a post will happen one day. Now it happened.

I wish you all the best Tom, wherever you are now!

JBLnsince1959
01-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Always sad news...

Hoping he found peace.

very sad indeed:( and such a shock!

all the best to his family

scott fitlin
01-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh, such sad news. I spoke with Tom many times, he was into his audio. A really nice guy to talk with in general. I will miss him.

God bless Tom, and his family. My prayers and condolences go out to you.

duaneage
01-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Tom and I talked for many hours many times on the phone about projects he was working on. We planned to get together soon and do some systems together. This is truly F-ed up. I just spoke to him last month about aa system he was making.

I really regret not making a trip to baltimore sooner to meet him. Big Yank and I are starting a project this weekend and I was about to call him to see if he wanted to see it. That would have been awkward.

I feel really awful right now, like a member of the family passed. He REALLY was such a nice guy too.

Fangio
01-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Thats very sad news. My best wishes to the family.

Not only that I liked his helpful and well-founded contributions to these forums in general (and there are tons of them) - this post (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87329&postcount=13), among others, was basically the first that had inspired me to enter the 'upgrade route' with my studio monitor project.

Wish we had met IRL - will miss him. :(

Steve K
01-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I enjoyed his posts here, too, and found them to be informative and friendly. May God bless him.

JBLRaiser
01-24-2007, 06:20 PM
His contributions will be missed. They were always thoughtful and useful. My warm condolences go to his family in this hard time.

JBL Dog
01-25-2007, 12:10 AM
I had an opportunity to chat on the phone with Tom around the time he was getting ready to purchase a set of 4343's. I could have talked to him for days about audio. A very nice (and quite funny) human being.

The wifey and I send our condolences to Tom's wife and children.

I look forward to meeting you on the other side.

MJC
01-26-2007, 11:17 AM
What a shock, at only 63. Tom rest in peace.

Oldmics
01-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I will make sure that all of the Forums heartfelt condolences are shared with Toms family at his memorial service on Feb 3rd.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/obituaries/bal-md.ob.loizeaux24jan24,0,1557105.story?coll=bal-news-obituaries

John Harding/Oldmics

Ken Pachkowsky
01-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Old Mics, please pass condolences on to Toms family from Julie and I. Tom helped me out a couple of times a few years back when I was modding a pair of 4320's. He supplied a pair of 3106 crossovers for the project. I sent him a NOS pair of 4320 grills just last year.

We spoke several times over the last few years. I always enjoyed the conversations.

Truly sad news...:(

A true JBL lover, he will be missed.

Ken

glen
01-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Very sad news...

louped garouv
01-31-2007, 05:38 PM
I just read the obit...

looks like the world lost a great cinematographer also....

pretty crazy how many different passions man can have.

as a comfort though, at least his art will live on...

jbl
02-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Came upon this sad news just last night.
All the best to his family and friends.

Ron

jim campbell
02-06-2007, 05:21 PM
I just read the obit...

looks like the world lost a great cinematographer also....

pretty crazy how many different passions man can have.

as a comfort though, at least his art will live on...
i checked imdb and he was a camera operator on syriana and the recruit among quite a few others.he did a documentary as dop about guitarist manuel barueco who is worth checking out as well.i wonder if he ever worked in this part of the world.

duaneage
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I think the best thing that can be said about Tom is he lived life to the fullest and enjoyed his passions.

jim3860
02-09-2007, 11:51 PM
wow thats an awful thing to hear. I didnt know him personally but im sure he will be missed by many here and by those in his life outside of here. My condolances to his family and friends. REGARDS JIM

greyhound
02-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Tom was always respectfull and willing to give tips to anyone here.
He just came across like a very friendly person. my thougts go out to his family.

Rust in vrede Tom.

takenodisk
02-20-2007, 04:36 PM
So sad to learn about that terrible news,yes Tom was always here to give advise and help others,may he rest in peace,he was one of the first who impressed me with his nice jbl collection,and i had amiration and respect for his restorations works on jbl,he belongs amongst the best guys on this website.

JBL 4645
02-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Low numbers to loss a JBL fan:( I can’t say I ever spoke to him here. Again I hope, Tom is building that set-up up there to please many others.

sgaggy
02-21-2007, 11:59 AM
che dio ti accolga in paradiso,ciao tom.

Rusnzha
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I need to check this out more often. I will miss Tom's contributions. I wish his family the best.