PDA

View Full Version : about to start plans for new project

coruphius
01-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi all!! im about to start reasearching for plans for a new project which i will do little bits over time (not enough funds at this point) but im thinking of doing something similar to the L220 Oracle, but instead of having the passive radiator, im thinking of making a seperate chamber in the box and use my 2225h's for the low end use and use the LE-14's to do the upper lows etc etc blah blah.

My mate is selling me a pair of mid horns he has made which i can use with a pair of LE-5's at 300hz, im still trying to figure out what i can use above that and i also want to use the 077's which i think are sexy :D is there anything in between the 300hz horn and the 077 i could use, yes i know this is a 4-way design, but im tweaking around to what would sound and look good. half of the stuff i have not got as i have noticed the LE-14's (all the series of them) are hard to get and i have to save a bit 077's.

i have also noticed with the 077's with the so called 'Crystal plug' thing, does that make any audible difference to the other 077's made apart from the looks?

Thankyou guys in advance!!

Zilch
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
LE14's better than 2225 for the lows, most likely.

Get H-1s or H-3s, if you can.

"Crystal" 077s have an acrylic wedge phase plug. Sonically, they're no different from the aluminum....

coruphius
01-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Thankyou for that, Ill keep my eye out for either the H-1's or H4's. im hoping to receive my horns hopefully next week, so ill take some pics when i get everything together (hopefully)