PDA

View Full Version : first LHF Meeting Germany 2007

Hofmannhp
12-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Hi folks,

it's time for the first LHF-Meeting in Germany.
Everyone is invited.
Date: 20th of Jan. 2007, from 4pm to ......
Place: hofmannhp's Blues Garage
Special guest: LHF member Rick Riessen + son from Chicago IL

let me know your interest...by PM or direct postings here and I tell you how you can get here.

I pay for the beers:cheers:

cu

HP

Rolf
12-18-2006, 07:39 AM
I wish I could be there, but only for the free beers:D

Mr. Widget
12-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd love too, but after taking off to go to CES to see the DD66000s, I think I've used up my Lansing travel budget for the month. :(

Take photos and share the merriment with us! :cheers:

Widget

Hofmannhp
12-18-2006, 11:34 AM
.....Take photos and share the merriment with us! :cheers:....
Widget

be sure Widget, be sure......:D

HP

Guido
12-19-2006, 12:21 PM
If I can make it I'll be there.
Don't know how to drive the way home though.:hmm:

boputnam
12-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Date: 20th of Jan. 2007, from 4pm to ......Dammit, HP!! :bash:

I'm going through the EU at-least three times I know of already during 2007, but the first isn't until latest-January! Bummer for me.

Hofmannhp
12-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Dammit, HP!! :bash:

I'm going through the EU at-least three times I know of already during 2007, but the first isn't until latest-January! Bummer for me.

Your'e always welcome here.....also the rest of the year :applaud:

HP

glen
12-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I know everyone in attendance will have great fun.
:cheers: Beer seems to be a key enticement, so stock up! :cheers:

Hofmannhp
12-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I know everyone in attendance will have great fun.
:cheers: Beer seems to be a key enticement, so stock up! :cheers:

Hi Glen,

we don't have enough JBLs, we don't have enough Altecs, etc....
... the only thing we have enough is BEER:D

HP

mech986
12-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi HP,

If one was to also try to pickup a new Porsche from Stuttgart/Weissach (not that I will or can), the maps indicate its about 217 km from you and suggest almost 3 hours time (about 70 km/hr). That seems pretty slow.

How long would it take you to drive that route?

Have fun at the meeting, hope it inspires all of us to hold local or regional LH gatherings.

Regards,

Bart

Guido
12-20-2006, 01:24 PM
How long would it take you to drive that route?

Bart, it's app. 1.5h drive depending on the traffic
HP would do it in 1h though :D

Hofmannhp
12-20-2006, 05:40 PM
.......and suggest almost 3 hours time (about 70 km/hr). ....
Regards,
Bart

Hi Bart,

some years ago I also had such a car.........:D

HP

(without kidding....you need 1 3/4h in cause of traffic) from me to Porsche it's exactly 238 km or 149mls

Jan Daugaard
12-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Bad Homburg liegt in der Nähe von Frankfurt am Main, nicht wahr?

Wie kommt man ohne Auto am leichtesten von Frankfurt am Main nach Bad Homburg?

Hofmannhp
12-22-2006, 06:00 AM
Bad Homburg liegt in der Nähe von Frankfurt am Main, nicht wahr?

Wie kommt man ohne Auto am leichtesten von Frankfurt am Main nach Bad Homburg?

Hi Jan,

at first I think we should give this meeting the name:

first LHF meeting Europe 2007 :)

Will be a pleasure to welcome you.
my home is about 28km north from the airport FRA
You can reach me by train from the airport with a short last link by catching you at the nearest train station....or we can organize one member to get you from the airport.

Try Google Earth...My coordinates are:
50"13'35.70 N
08"40'54.80 E
Elevation 141m
(the black car in the courtyard is not mine)

regards

HP

PS: is there anybody coming from south or west to get Jan from the airport?

Guido
01-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm just back from this great event!

It was nothing less than perfect!

THANK YOU GELI & HP for a wonderful evening, night and morning.

Rick and the other participants will post pics soon :D

saeman
01-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Guten Morgen to all in JBL Land. I am home now from my trip to Germany, with luggage full of Swiss Chocolate, German wine and bier mugs and memories of a great trip. Let it be known first that the U.S. is not the only place where hard core insane JBL-ers reside. We drove 3100 km over the course of a week and found JBL insanity from Metzingen in the south, up to Berlin and back down to Bad Homburg.

The last leg of our trip was the First Ever LHS Meeting in Deutschland hosted by Hanspeter and Angelica in Bad Homburg, in their home and in HP's Blues Garage. I will do my best to describe to all, the fun that we all had over the course of a long afternoon, evening and into the early hours of the following day. It will likely take many posts to record this event and to post all of the pics that I and others took during the day. Please be patient and I will eventually get all the big jpeg files photo-shopped down to proper size.

Stay Tuned - Rick

mech986
01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
:applaud: :cheers: Can't wait!

Regards,

Bart

paragon
01-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello Rick,

Nice to see, you and your son are well (?) back at home. Hope you liked the "Asbach-Cola" :D . Meeting was great !! Can`t upload Pics !? Pics later, sorry.

Eckhard

Fangio
01-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Glad to hear you had a safe flight home, Rick.

OK, I've had the pleasure to accompany Rick, his son and his host down to the Frankfurt area, and I would like to thank HP and his wife Angelika a lot also, for their hospitality and a very special evening.

HP's home, an affectionately restored old farmhouse near Bad Homburg, was the perfect frame for a highly enjoyable meeting. It was really interesting to get to know some of the faces behind the monikers from my country in these forums. Since it was our special guest Rick that took the most photos, of course he should have the fun to go more into reporting the details as first - I've enjoyed particularly the looong, long night in HP's 'blues garage'... :)

Might come up with some additional pics later too.

Hofmannhp
01-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I have to say that I am happy that you enjoyed the meeting. For Angelica and me I can say...we had a lot of fun.
(but my neighbours are happy that it's over :D )
We all had a nice time with new (old) friends from all over the country.
On sunday I was hanging around like a wet towel......:banghead: but now all is working again.

now waiting patiently for Ricks pictures

Rick: pls don't forget to tell the story with Nathan and my couch :D

HP

paragon
01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Hallo HP,

Ihr beiden habt großartiges geleistet und alles richtig gemacht !
Besser gings nicht ! Ich denke, alle haben die Zeit genossen.
Kann dies leider nicht in Englisch. ;) Meine Güte, Tom L..

Gruß, Eckhard

saeman
01-22-2007, 05:03 PM
I've been trying to sift through the week's pictures - some 600 in all. Looks like I have a lot of work to do to just get them filed.

For all of those interested, here's a run down on the historic events of Jan 20th 2007.

The events started out at about 3:30pm upon our arrival in Bad Homburg, at the home of Hanspeter. There were seven forum members in attendance as follows - me, my good friend and host for the week Claus Dolderer (aka Schloerch), our host for the evening Hanspeter (aka Hofmannhp), Guido Behringer (aka Guido), Juergen Imlau (aka rs237), Florian Jansen (aka fangio) and Eckhard Heidbrink (aka paragon). Listening in and bored with all the JBL talk was my son Nathan.

We started out at the large dining table in Hanspeter's home with traditional cake and coffee, a lot of introductions, JBL talk and then a tour into the high altitudes of HP's loft office where he keeps his home brew 4433A's. Soon after the coffee cups were empty wine and bottles of beer filled the table. We continued until about 8:30 pm drinking and talking more JBL. Keep in mind that the party has not started yet.

Below are a few pics of the start of the evening. Rick

saeman
01-22-2007, 05:24 PM
We reached a point in our talks where it was decided that we had better go for dinner. A short one block down the street from HP's home is a great local pub/restaurant. A table was waiting for the group and we sat down to more talk and more beer.

The place was quite full when we arrived and they all probably wondered what in the hell we were all talking about. Dinner was absolutely fantastic and the steak that I had was one of the best ever - loaded with onions and mushrooms. At times the talk was loud and jovial and then there seemed to be serious one on one conversations between a few of those present. HP sat kind of in the middle of the crowd, like a good moderator, but things remained calm and there was no need for him to exercise his talents.

When the beer glasses were empty and dinner was over, we all shared a round of schnapps and a toast to the group who gathered and to the "First Ever LHS Meeting in Germany". Pics posted are as follows:

First - the group from left to right CW around the table - Eckhard, Florian, Guido, Jurgen, Claus, Me and Hanspeter.

2nd - Claus making a point

3rd - Eckhard and Florian

4th - Guido and Juergen

5th - Hanspeter

Please keep in mind that it's now around 10 pm, maybe a bit later, and the party has not started yet.

saeman
01-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Here's a few misc pics thrown in. When we first arrived in Frankfurt my good friend Claus picked us up at the airport and we traveled to Metzingen to his home. Upon our arrival I was face to face with a beautiful looking pair of 4350B's - imagine my surpise!! There's also a pic of Florian and Claus in Berlin with Florian's 4343 1/2's in Florian's living room. The last is a pic of Hanspeter with one of his DIY 4333A's.

Please keep in mind that the party has not started yet !!!!!

saeman
01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Rick: pls don't forget to tell the story with Nathan and my couch :D

HP

The story goes like this - Hanspeter arranged for Nathan and I, a room at a local hotel. Between our meeting in HP's home and our dinner out, we ran down to the room to clean up and get a change of clothes. When we left for dinner Nathan had the room key - no problem right? After dinner Nathan went out on the town with HP's daughter (same age) and some of her friends. Out on the town turned out to be a trip into Frankfurt to a big dance club - no problem right? Wrong - Problem is that when I was ready to drop from the night's activities, he was nowhere to be found and neither was the room key. My wonderful bed in the wonderful room that HP arranged for me (70 EUR) ended up being the couch in HP's family room. After maybe 3-4 hours of interminent sleep I went to the room to find a note on the door that said "Dad - Knock Hard" Turns out that he did not return until 7am. Something tells me that he needs to pay me back for the cost of the room.

Titanium Dome
01-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Mein Gott, welche stattliche Männer. :p

Es sieht wie eine wundervolle Zeit aus.

Rolf
01-23-2007, 01:38 AM
Greetings to all of you lucky ones who attended to this session. I wish I could have been there with you.

Maybe some other time ...?

From the description and the pictures I can see you had a lot of fun.

Cheers!

Zilch
01-23-2007, 02:19 AM
From the description and the pictures I can see you had a lot of fun.Hell, the party hasn't even STARTED yet!! ;)

saeman
01-23-2007, 07:13 AM
After our evening meal we walked the short distance back to HP's home. Instead of going back into the house we continued across the drive to HP's Blues Garage. There had been some talk about this place earlier but I paid little attention. Sitting in front of a garage with three single doors were two beemers. Between them on the wall was a sign that said "BMW Parking Only". There was also a sign pointing to the left - Harley Davidson Repair.

Maybe this garage had oil and grease over the floor; typical of many repair garages. Nobody really knew what to expect. We were all quite blown away. The pics tell the story. This was a part time BMW garage and a part time party shack. HP's garage was full of appropriate decorations - JBL banners, beer signs, overhead dance floor lights and JBL SPEAKERS. The brick floors were spotless and there wasn't a hint of oil odor in the air.

It's now around 10 pm and the party has started. HP opens a beer for himself and welcomes everyone to HP's Blues Garage.

saeman
01-23-2007, 07:23 AM
There was no shortage of booze or music. I recall drinking Irish Whiskey with Guido, a Tequila Sunrise with HP, and putting a serious dent in HP's bottle of Asbach Brandy. We also shared a round of HP's special party drink - first empty the contents of this sparkling flavored candy into your mouth and then a shot of wodka - mix well and swallow.

HP had a wall of CD's and we listened to everything from CCR, to Pink Floyd, to Billy Idol. Plenty of Blues too since this was the theme of the party.

saeman
01-23-2007, 07:39 AM
The interesting thing for me about this party was the volume of the music related to the time of day. I would guess that it never dropped below 100 db and at sometimes approached 130. If I'm strectching a bit it's not by much. I'm no newbie to cranking the hell out of a big pair of speakers but we did on occasion reach a painful level on the volume knob.

The most interesting thing about the volume was that we absolutely had to be keeping HP's neighbors rocking in their beds. I walked outside at about 2 am to see if there was a drop due to the walls of the garage - NOTHING, NADA. I asked HP and his reply was simply "NO PROBLEM, they're used to it and we only do this once in a while. Not much more than 100 feet away (right across the street) there was a beautiful old church and I know the priest was trying to sleep so that he was prepared for the first service of Sunday, which was only 4-5 hours away.

HP no doubt has a special place in his community.

The last pic is of an interesting sign that was on the wall over the toilet in HP's Blues Garage. It had to be placed there by someone other than HP - someone who was in no way interested in cleaning the toilet after a bunch of partying guys finished for the evening.

HP - we did say that we had to tell the whole story - remember!!

saeman
01-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Besides the 7 Forum members in attendance there was HP's better half, Angelica. You might think that being the only woman there might make her feel like an outsider - just the opposite. She was right in the middle of the event and had as much fun as the guys did. Like HP, she's a true music lover and was standing there having fun until the very end - which by the way finally came at somewhere around 4:30 am.

A couple of the attendees escaped at around 2am but we had strong attendance til the end. I remember Guido saying that he was done for the night and was in the process of making an exit. A slight amount of pressure was applied and he agreed to stay for another beer if HP played some Pink Floyd - no problem and he was handed another beer.

saeman
01-23-2007, 08:29 AM
As I said before, we finally wound down the event at about 4:30 am. Since I had no access to my room, HP and Angelica fixed me a bed on the couch. I crashed with no problem and slept for 4 hours or so.

Our host and hostess insisted on ending our event with breakfast for all in their home. At 9:30 we were sitting again at the table with hot coffee, eggs, rolls, juice and conversation about the great evening in HP's Blues Garage. How Angelica and HP managed to get this breakfast prepared is beyond me. I was sitting over a cup of coffee with my eyes propped open with tooth picks, trying to get my act together.

After some good-byes in the driveway, Claus, Nathan, Florian and I departed for the airport in Frankfurt. As I understand, HP and Angelica spent the remainder of the day in a slight state of coma. I slept 6 out of 9 hours on the flight home, spent 4 hours with family and went back to bed for 7 more hours before work.

We could try to have another JBL Party like this, and we definately should try, but I have no doubt that this party will be very hard to top. Everything was perfect - food, drink, music, friendship and atmosphere. Everyone asked if I was having a good time, wanting to make sure that I returned home with great memories. This get together was outstanding and I'll never forget the event.

We traveled near 3100 km from Metzingen, to Switzerland, to Berlin and back to Frankfurt. I had originally hoped to get to Hamburg to meet Peter Hoerninger but I can see now that it would have been near impossible to add that distance to our travels. I hope to come back to Germany this coming summer with my wife. We will then visit Hamburg and other northern areas and we will also pass thru Bad Homburg for another visit to HP's Blues Garage - a must see if you're ever in the area.

Thanks Hanspeter, Angelica, Juergen, Guido, Florian, Eckhard and especially my good friend Claus, for a wonderful time.

Hofmannhp
01-23-2007, 08:58 AM
thanks for your kind words and your great pics Rick,

and guys, not participating.......each word was all real :D

HP

paragon
01-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Nochmals Dank an HP und Angelika und Claus,

Die dies alles ermöglicht haben, ein unvergesslicher Abend und Morgen für uns alle.
Angelika, allein für den Käsekuchen und das Omlett würde ich wieder zu euch kommen.
Auch noch vergessen, die toleranten Nachbarn und Mieter, die diese "Spinner" geduldet haben.

Eckhard

Hoerninger
01-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Rick, thank you very much for sharing the pictures and your impressions. I'm happy that you initiated the first German LHF meeting and that it had such a joyful success. (I should change some serious words with my employer :( .)

An die deutschen Teilnehmer: Jetzt weiß ich endlich wie Ihr alle ausseht! :D

Gruß Peter

saeman
01-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Hello Peter: I'm glad you got to see the pics. Since you were the first one that I talked to about our trip to Germany, I felt bad that I was unable to make it to Hamburg and that you were unable to make it to HP's event. Hamburg will be on my agenda next time over. Maybe you and I can have dinner and call it the second LHS Meeting in Germany.

You're right - it is nice to finally attach a face to the names that we have all been chatting on-line with. I have now met more of the members in Germany than I have in the U.S. Guess I need to get busy here at home.

My best to you - Rick

saeman
01-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Guys - there were quite a few cameras at the gathering besides mine. Everyone with some pics should add them to the thread. This isn't my thread and I'm sure some of you got pics that I didn't. Some of mine leave a bit to be desired but it was a challenge to get 7 drinkers to sit still long enough for a 6 second time exposure.

Rick :bouncy:

rs237
01-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Auch ich möchte mich für den schönen Abend bei Angelika und HP bedanken. Ich kann nur schreiben jeder der nicht da war hat was versäumt. Leider bin ich nicht in der Lage in englisch zu schreiben , ich hoffe auf Verständniss. Ein sehr tolles Forum mit sehr tollen Mitgliedern hier.

best regards
juergen

Fangio
01-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Rick - would say your pics cover the event pretty well, particularly the night. :thmbsup: Here are some more places/moments that I'll keep in good memory.

- the living room system
- another 'garage-system' (scoops)
- shop
- and jbl talking shop

nrwjbl
01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Looks like a very nice meeting - I missed ! Much regret there was no chance for me sharing time with the "gang" at HP's place.
So it's mostly welcome receiving pictures and personal reports, thank you Rick for that and hope you liked it over here. Can imagine from own experience how you felt jumping on a flight after a breezy party with only few hours sleep and "alternative accomodation".
Seems I missed nice people's company, would appreciate joining next time either in Germany or elsewhere.
Hope someone adds some more pics.

peter:applaud::applaud::applaud:

paragon
01-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Try it, ähh sorry, :D

paragon
01-26-2007, 01:52 PM
pics,

paragon
01-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Rick, think the first pic is the best i get. And i was full of "Bitburger" at this moment.

Regards, Eckhard

paragon
01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
ist eigentlich, auf der Autobahn (Highway), das Navi kurz vorm Ausgang(Navy), und alle anderen full of alcohol, will sagen alle sind voll bis zum abwinken. :D

Eckhard

Und Ihr könnt alle zu mir kommen und seit genauso voll !! :applaud:

Titanium Dome
01-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Auch ich möchte mich für den schönen Abend bei Angelika und HP bedanken.

Sie waren sehr großzügige Hauptrechner.

Ich kann nur schreiben jeder der nicht da war hat was versäumt. Leider bin ich nicht in der Lage in englisch zu schreiben , ich hoffe auf Verständniss.

Ich werde erklärt, daß Englisch die amtliche Forumsprache ist.

Gastfreundschaft und JBLs sind über Sprache hinaus. Ich begrüße Ihre Wörter.

Ein sehr tolles Forum mit sehr tollen Mitgliedern hier.

best regards
juergen

:hmm: Sie sind recht, aber besser, es nicht zu sagen! :rotfl:

Hofmannhp
01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Sie waren sehr großzügige Hauptrechner.

Ich werde erklärt, daß Englisch die amtliche Forumsprache ist.

Gastfreundschaft und JBLs sind über Sprache hinaus. Ich begrüße Ihre Wörter.

:hmm: Sie sind recht, aber besser, es nicht zu sagen! :rotfl:

Hey TD,

what do you smoke........I know that you understand it right :D

HP

Titanium Dome
01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey TD,

what do you smoke........I know that you understand it right :D

HP

Nichts aber Ruhe... :shock:

Nothing but silence...

paragon
02-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Okay,

Not everybody is able to post in english (me too).
Is it a joke ? I think Rick understand.:D

Eckhard

mikebake
02-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Nice effort! That is living!

richluvsound
02-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I could of saved the postage and got a plane ticket.
Anyway, hope you guys had a great time. Do me a favour though !
Drink lots of coffee before you get back to work on my recones.
The 4345 boxes are huge,they make my 4435's look like bookshelf speakers!
Rich,

Guido
02-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Do me a favour though !
Drink lots of coffee before you get back to work on my recones.

Sure, don't worry ;)

The 4345 boxes are huge,they make my 4435's look like bookshelf speakers!
Rich,

Yep, so do the 2245 look compared to the 2235 :D

paragon
02-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Hy HP,

Superavatar !! :applaud:

Eckhard

JBL 4645
10-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Hmm that looked like a nice JBL Lansing gathering too bad I haven’t travelled out of the country since 1986? I wonder if they’ll ever be a United Kingdom JBL Lansing gathering, or is the one in Germany more popular? :)