PDA

View Full Version : Logged off the forum

Rolf
11-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Hi.

A problem has started again after the upgrade of the forum. When I reply to a post or a private message, and this take some time, clicking "post reply", I have to log on again.

Please do something about it.

johnaec
11-26-2006, 09:47 AM
'Sounds like something specific to your computer, as I certainly don't have those problems. I'd suggest deleting your temporary internet files and cookies, then, be sure cookies are enabled, and try again.

John

Rolf
11-26-2006, 11:57 AM
'Sounds like something specific to your computer, as I certainly don't have those problems. I'd suggest deleting your temporary internet files and cookies, then, be sure cookies are enabled, and try again.

John

No it is not that. Don and probably somebody else knows.

spkrman57
11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Then I noticed the "Remember me" option that came up when logging in.

Been good since then.

Ron

hjames
11-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Then I noticed the "Remember me" option that came up when logging in.

Been good since then.
Ron

Works great for me from work on a Win-XP PC, or from home on a mac.
Tho I do use Firefox browser on both machines.

What browser are you using, Ralf?

Rolf
11-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Works great for me from work on a Win-XP PC, or from home on a mac.
Tho I do use Firefox browser on both machines.

What browser are you using, Ralf?

I am using IE 7, but this was a problem some time ago to, and Don fixed something that had to do with "inactive" time.

morbo!
11-29-2006, 03:13 AM
I am using IE 7, but this was a problem some time ago to, and Don fixed something that had to do with "inactive" time.

Switch to firefox
Every hacker hates bill and his crappy products!
And everyone of them is hard at work dismantling vista at the moment
Your just asking for trouble with i.e:barf:

hjames
11-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Switch to firefox
Every hacker hates bill and his crappy products!
And everyone of them is hard at work dismantling vista at the moment
Your just asking for trouble with i.e:barf:

Now now, he may like winders, and he may need to use IE,
or might like sharing all his bank data and personal info with webhackers ...
be gentle, Mr Morbo. :applaud:

Rolf
11-29-2006, 02:03 PM
IE works fine. Why every hacker hates Bill I do not understand. There is a lot of other people in the world to hate ... if that is the major thing to use your life for.:banghead:

Zilch
11-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Why every hacker hates Bill I do not understand.Simple. Bill made mega billions doing what they do.

It's quite insulting.... ;)

Titanium Dome
11-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Yes, it's envy. Evil, rotten, soul-cursing envy.

Rolf
11-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Simple. Bill made mega billions doing what they do.

And that is wrong? What would you, or any of us have done if we had been smart enough to make MS-DOS, and then build up the company?

In Norway we call this "Janteloven". It means: "If I can't have it, nobody shall have it". Jealousy, envy someone that much, I do not understand this way of thinking.

hjames
11-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Simple. Bill made mega billions doing what they do.

No - thats not it at all for me.
What bugs me is I had to become a windows guru just to run a windows computer in a safe manner. Its not enough to buy the system, then there's all the add ons (Anti-spyware, anti Trojans, Anti virus). And then you can get nailed if you don't get all the updates in order right away. Even then, one badly written patch from Microsoft can compromise your whole system.

Do you have any idea how many computers are out in the wild "owned" by some 3rd party hacker who is using his "army" of ghost computers to either hammer the world with spam, or do a mafia-type threat "Pay my protection money or I block your business site" (meaning they send an army of ghost computers to that site so none of your customers can get in).
Thats called a "denial of service attack" and it happens primarily because Windows machines are so easily compromised because there is such a thin layer between the browser technology and the computer's operating system.
Basically if you crash the browser you can own the computer, for all intents. And thats not my opinion - read more by the pros - - http://www.securityabsurdity.com/

If you think I'm some clueless Gates hater, understand that my first machine ran MS DOS 3.2 and I started with Windows 3.1 way back when.
I multitasked communications under QEMM and DESQview when windows 3.11 wasn't stable enough to. I built my own PCs for many years, and I jumped to Macs 3 years ago when I heard of the new licensing structure for Win-XP - I had run Win2k pro before that. I just got tired of the constant dinking required to maintain a safe system.
Also the annual Wipe and reinstall ritual to keep the system quick.

I just don't think I should have to know how to engineer a shovel just to use one.

And no, I am not a technophobe - I have aligned microwave transmitters, swept 900mHz CATV systems, fused fiber optic cables and pointed multisat dishes ... I'm really not afraid of gear. I just don't like sloppy tech.

And yes - I do still have my Win-2k machine for occasional use -
but - its NOT connected to the home network and does NOT go out on the internet anymore.

SEAWOLF97
11-30-2006, 05:55 PM
[quote=Rolf;136115]What would you, or any of us have done if we had been smart enough to make MS-DOS ? quote]

You are joking right ? Bill sold DOS to IBM as vaporware. He then bought DOS from a computer salesman at Seattle Computers who wrote it on his coffee breaks. Bill paid $65k for it. Was sued for royalties after it became popular as he wouldnt pay the poor salesman any more.:blink: