09-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Hello,

I'm searching Tad th 4001 plan ?

Can you help me ?

Thanks
Nico

TimG
09-06-2006, 09:47 PM
I'll see if it posts and I'll send it to you as an attachment. Widget may actually have a CAD drawing of the TAD TH4001 but you'll have to ask him. If you do build some I'd like to see how they turn out because I'd like to try to build some when I have a spare month, but that may not be until I retire at this point.

TimG

pinou123
09-09-2006, 08:40 AM
I can not open this file.
i receive a message telling it is damaged:blink:
am i alone in this case?

TimG
09-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Maybe try to save it to your desktop first, right click and select open with acrobat explorer. I had no problem opening it.

scott fitlin
09-09-2006, 11:30 AM
It opened for me too.

usura
09-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the pdf. I saw it but I am sure this is not the plan of the th4001. It is not the same dimension.

+
Nico

jpchleapas
09-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the pdf. I saw it but I am sure this is not the plan of the th4001. It is not the same dimension.

+
Nico

Maybe not but I have seen pictures of the finished horns he built. He is a true artist and his work was/is stunning. Someone else quite recently DIY built a similar style horn using many layers of wood stacked and glued together forming a similar style horn design. I am using the tad-td4001 drivers in my 31" x 31" pair of JBL 2360A biradial horns. Amazingly good sounding with no horn shout at all. I use these in a 2-way biamplified set up using the marchand xm-126 vacuum tube crossover with my JBL twin 15" 4648A-8 bass bins crossing at 800 Hz. There was a guy on Agon from Canada who makes a similar but larger style horns to the wood ones but bigger looking like Altec horn sized in the model 19. But the one where the guy cut the many layers of wood and stacked and laminated them together came out sweet looking. The price cost and DIY construction would be much easier that way I am sure. I myself when I have the extra loot to spend someday want the 32" wood round tractix horns by Sierra-Brooks. They cost about the same as those TAD style horns. For me in my room I would much prefer the larger wood tractix horns, or the larger Altec style for a much taller and wider sound dispersion pattern, and a bigger "sweet spot." Good luck! John