PDA

View Full Version : Curious..Original, but not standard X-Over L26

Wayne
08-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi all

I have a set of cross-overs that appear original but not standard for the L26, I was wondering if any-one had seen this version with the large coils & could offer some history on it, ie) why it was introduced, discontinued & if it was only available as a limited release, just trying to find out as much info on these slightly differant L26 components.
Cheers Wayne. :cheers:

Don C
08-16-2006, 08:03 AM
I don't know the specifics of this. I was once surprised to take apart an L-80T and find that the crossover was built on a peice of masonite like the older systems. I had taken apart another set, identical in appearance, and found that the crossover was built on a fiberglass circuit board. It would seem that the fine print, "specifications subject to change without notice" was often applied at JBL. In the case of the L-26s, the air core coils look nice, and if I had a choice I'd choose them over the iron cores. Could be that they were having trouble obtaining a part, and made a change just to keep production running.

Wayne
08-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi Don C

Thanks for the info, your explanation makes sense, I was thinking that I might have stumbled onto a limited release or something somewhat rare, well I guess you could refer to it as being rare.

Cheers Wayne.
:cheers: