PDA

View Full Version : More ?? hooking up the C-20

SUPERBEE
05-05-2006, 08:10 PM
My friend Bill got the C-20 hooked up today. The 240 had to go back as it was DOA. It should be repaired in a week.

Bill is running several after market black boxes and sent me this:

"Kurtis--I am currently running the McIntosh C-20 preamp with the two McIntosh 2100 amps. The main speakers are Apogee Calipers. My problem is how to create a "Tape Loop" to take in the following "Black Boxes" a SAE 5000 Impulse noise reduction unit, an Audio Pulse Model 1 digital time delay, a BSR EQ unit and a DBX 3BX III dynamic range expander. I used to have a McIntosh MX-113 and run the "Black boxes" thru the tape monitor loop and can't figure how to configure the MC-20 similarly. For more info the turntable is a Rega 3 with the ELYS 3 cartridge. The secondary, back and forward channels of the digital delay are powered by generic amps and speakers the effect being a bit of a midrange phenomonon. Any assistance would be appreciated. Bill P.S. If this is workable is there a sequence that the black boxes should be hooked up in to maximise the effects?"

Does anyone here know how he could do this?

TYIA!

tom1356
05-05-2006, 08:56 PM
My friend Bill got the C-20 hooked up today. The 240 had to go back as it was DOA. It should be repaired in a week.

Bill is running several after market black boxes and sent me this:

"Kurtis--I am currently running the McIntosh C-20 preamp with the two McIntosh 2100 amps. The main speakers are Apogee Calipers. My problem is how to create a "Tape Loop" to take in the following "Black Boxes" a SAE 5000 Impulse noise reduction unit, an Audio Pulse Model 1 digital time delay, a BSR EQ unit and a DBX 3BX III dynamic range expander. I used to have a McIntosh MX-113 and run the "Black boxes" thru the tape monitor loop and can't figure how to configure the MC-20 similarly. For more info the turntable is a Rega 3 with the ELYS 3 cartridge. The secondary, back and forward channels of the digital delay are powered by generic amps and speakers the effect being a bit of a midrange phenomonon. Any assistance would be appreciated. Bill P.S. If this is workable is there a sequence that the black boxes should be hooked up in to maximise the effects?"

Does anyone here know how he could do this?

TYIA!
If you were a good friend you would talk him out of this plan.

SUPERBEE
05-05-2006, 09:07 PM
If you were a good friend you would talk him out of this plan.

I have tried. At least he is into to tube gear so we are moving in the right direction.