Page 59 of 721 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159559 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Playing Now

Quote Originally Posted by yggdrasil View Post
    This would be a very good time to return to topic.
    i would suggest that a discussion on the merits of csny is appropriate for this thread...........if not where?

frank zappa..................the grand wazoo...............bob dylan..........blonde on blonde

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yggdrasil
    This would be a very good time to return to topic.

i would suggest that a discussion on the merits of csny is appropriate for this thread...........if not where?

There are a about 6 posts that were deleted before yggdrasil's post that you may or may not be able to see. That is what his post was refering too.

Rob

well that clears that up............i was begining to think that the reins were being held a tad tight.sorry johnny ,but without the clarifier it appeared that the off topic reminder was directed at my post.i still believe that we should not be so fast on the trigger as far as deleting ot posts ,especially in the music forum.the impetus for trimming the ot posts,i recall,was to streamline the tech sections for the gear head types who may want to reference those threads.i fail to see why that standard would be necessary in the music section

slightly OT , so nuke this if you must....

BAD MOON RISING - the unofficial history of CCR. 358 pages of BOOK . Burned through it last night. For a long time aficionado, it was a lot of new and interesting info.

found this while looking for "John Fogerty - The Long Road Home" at the lib. pretty good reissue of the classics.

The book covered the many different ways Fantasy Records has milked the CCR catalog. Did not know that Tom Fogerty died of AIDS in 1990. And that John refused to play the CCR hits for 20 years, until the "Welcome Home - Vietnam Vets" concert in D.C. He had not intended to do so , but felt an obligation.

SIDE NOTES

The profits from managing CCR were used to produce the films "One flew over the cuckoos Nest" and "Amadeus"

CCR was a headliner at Woodstock , but was cut out of the movie and soundtrack and very few who did not attend knew they were even there !!

J.A.F.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    slightly OT , so nuke this if you must....

BAD MOON RISING - the unofficial history of CCR. 358 pages of BOOK . Burned through it last night. For a long time aficionado, it was a lot of new and interesting info.
    CCR was constantly playing on my Roberts X-Field reel-to-reel in my hooch back in the day...what a time warp...
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by loach71 View Post
    CCR was constantly playing on my Roberts X-Field reel-to-reel in my hooch back in the day...what a time warp...
    every bar in the Delta had either a Teac or Akai R2R tethered to a Sansui receiver playing CCR through Pioneer speakers...fortunately I enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post

Then I popped over to Youtube afterwards and watched Nicolette Larson sing her version of Lotta Love.

Neil mentions Nicolette on Heart of Gold.
    before it was stolen "nicolette" on vinyl was a regular play round here............it would be nice to see some live footage turn up

liberation............chicago transit authority...........on xm.......gotta git me one of those.any suggestions on the best one for home and f 150......

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    liberation............chicago transit authority...........on xm.......gotta git me one of those.any suggestions on the best one for home and f 150......
    Jim

I have the Roady 2 ...now there is a Roady XL. If you want to only have 1 subscription, this model comes with home and car antennas and you just move the head unit to where you are.

looks like FREE after rebate
    http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/in...OD&ProdID=2006

another nice thing is: once you subscribe, then you can get XM on the net so as to play through your computer also.

Speaking of Free

Seawolf97 said: " looks like FREE after rebate," which had nothing to do with what I'm listening to right now, but did suggest it to me--Fire and Water,
    Free's third album with their one big hit, "Alright Now," which is very unlike anything else on the album. "Mr. Big" is what I listen to again and again--primarily because of Andy Fraser's amazing bass. It ought to be considered the lead instrument on that song.

Pink Floyd Block - Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Meddle. The music is low, tubes are glowing, and the sub is adding a soft thump to it all. Have to say, it's a nice night to enjoy!

and on the other end of the spectrum the breathy vocals of hope sandoval,look on down from the bridge,and emmylou at the ryman

Quote Originally Posted by HipoFutura View Post
    Pink Floyd Block - Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Meddle. The music is low, tubes are glowing, and the sub is adding a soft thump to it all. Have to say, it's a nice night to enjoy!
    Oh, what a feelin'....

Wish I could be there ---

-Storm

Can you say....OM?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information