Thread: Need a 125A

Need a 125A

Recently picked up a set of Decade L26's for a very decent price. Upon arriving home and dismantling for an inspection in good lighting, I notice that someone apparently attempted to learn how to do a recone and recoil on one of the speakers...and they appeared to have used krazy glue or something similar. Outside of the ones on the "bay," would anyone have a good source for picking up a replacement 125A? Or a place that sells spare JBL parts online? I very OK, almost prefer to have to get it refoamed, as I have to get the other woofer refoamed so they would theoretically be a match. Thanks for any help or insight.

One tip I can give you is to keep an eye out for 127A woofers also, as the only difference between the 125A and 127A is the dust cap (normal on 127A, inverted on 125A). In many cases 127A woofers can be found cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    One tip I can give you is to keep an eye out for 127A woofers also, as the only difference between the 125A and 127A is the dust cap (normal on 127A, inverted on 125A). In many cases 127A woofers can be found cheaper.
    Thanks I remember reading that somewhere, and meant to follow up on that. Thanks for the tip. assuming I I should get a pair, or should they sound exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint12 View Post
    assuming I I should get a pair, or should they sound exactly the same.
    The orientation of the dust cap should only make a slight difference when it comes to the dispersion of the sound waves, but with the voice coil, magnet, and cone all being identical, they should sound essentially identical. I would say the biggest potential concern would not be any difference in sound between the 127A and 125A, but instead a possible decrease in collector value due to not using exactly the correct woofer. If you are keeping them for your own usage, I would not hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    The orientation of the dust cap should only make a slight difference when it comes to the dispersion of the sound waves, but with the voice coil, magnet, and cone all being identical, they should sound essentially identical. I would say the biggest potential concern would not be any difference in sound between the 127A and 125A, but instead a possible decrease in collector value due to not using exactly the correct woofer. If you are keeping them for your own usage, I would not hesitate.
    I know that this is superficial, but that one of the reasons I live the Decade 26 woofers, the inverted dust cap. But I guess I will have those sweet, blue grills on most of the time.

Thread Information