Thread: JBL N600 crossover schematic/ recap recommendation in Los Angeles area

JBL N600 crossover schematic/ recap recommendation in Los Angeles area

This is from a set of speakers i was fortunate to pick up recently. 130A Woofers 275 drivers 5040 horns and N 600 network divider. I read an advertisement for the Metregon, stating this the configuration for one of the model years. I would like to have these sounding as good as possible. They sound great already. I imagine after 60 years, the crossovers should be looked at. Any help is greatly appreciated! My fist time out here so lets see what happens.
    Last edited by Lampcord; 01-05-2018 at 01:15 PM. Reason: error in model number

What speaker do you have, exactly? Whether factory or home brew they may be historically interesting, and you could start a new thread about them in the Lansing Product General Information forum above. (Electronic crossovers are line level, usually powered, crossovers placed before power amps for biamping.)

The N500 crossover was usually used with the JBL 150 woofer in the Hartsfield and Paragon. As such it is collectible and may sell for esoteric sums on the auction site. Tearing into it to replace capacitors would decrease its value.

Photos (clear, well lighted, readable photos) would be a great asset for this discussion.

Here is a link to an earlier thread regarding the N500:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...rtsfield/page3

Perhaps a moderator could move this thread to the other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampcord View Post
    This is from a set of speakers i was fortunate to pick up recently. 130A Woofers 275 drivers 5040 horns and N 500 network divider. I read an advertisement for the Metregon, stating this the configuration for one of the model years. I would like to have these sounding as good as possible. They sound great already. I imagine after 60 years, the crossovers should be looked at. Any help is greatly appreciated! My fist time out here so lets see what happens.
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

Thanks Speakerdave

[QUOTE=speakerdave;411513]What speaker do you have, exactly? Whether factory or home brew they may be historically interesting, and you could start a new thread about them in the Lansing Product General Information forum above. (Electronic crossovers are line level, usually powered, crossovers placed before power amps for biamping.)

The N500 crossover was usually used with the JBL 150 woofer in the Hartsfield and Paragon. As such it is collectible and may sell for esoteric sums on the auction site. Tearing into it to replace capacitors would decrease its value.

Photos (clear, well lighted, readable photos) would be a great asset for this discussion.

Here is a link to an earlier thread regarding the N500:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...rtsfield/page3

Perhaps a moderator could move to general info forum.

I screwed up and put N500, they are N600. These would be the same components used in the Metregon ranger. I asked the previous owners if they ever had them in such a cabinet, but they said no. They are in beautiful custom oiled walnut cabinets, with lattice grill. I'll share some pictures shortly.

Moving to General Info Forum

Moving this to to General Information Forum. Pictures are on that thread.

Thread Information