Page 694 of 721 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696704 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 10810

Thread: What's Playing Now

Traffic - Shootout At The Fantasy Factory
    (1973, Island) STERLING RL

recorded in 1972 at Strawbery Hill Studios, Jamaica
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Frumpy, All Will Be Changed, 1970, Philips Germany, 6305 067

Typical seventies progrock sound quality. This is the album of Jean-Jacques Kravetz. Inga Rumpf great vocals. No guitars on this one. Listen to the soulful "Life without pain" A1.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Atlantis, Same, 1975, Polydor USA, PD 6513

No more Krautrock. No more Hammond organ. Changes of musicians and changes of music trends for a rather funky and commercial style aiming at the big US market: it's the same album as "Ooh Baby", but track A1 is different.They replaced "Brother" in favor of "Mainline Florida" for the US listener. Adrian Askew, from England, replaced Jean-Jacques Kravetz at the keyboards and Alex Conti (guitars) from Berlin was added. Ringo Funk (Jeronimo) replaced Carsten Bohn (of Frumpy) at the drums. Produced and engineered by Dieter Dierks.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Eric Clapton - No Reason To Cry
    (1976, RSO)

w/ Bob Dylan, Ron Wood, Rick Danko, Richard Manuel, Robbie Robertson. Thanks to Levon Helm, Garth Hudson, "Geoffrey" Harrison. recorded at the Band's Shangri-La Studio in Malibu, CA.
    Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Atlantis, 1st, 1972, Venus Germany, V79AT-1007

Germany had the first supergroup after the disbanding of Frumpy. But at the time of the release of this LP, Frank Diez and Curt Cress already had left this supergroup. Listen to the diverse animated longtrack "Living at the end of time" B2. 9 minutes of pure enjoyment. Freude herrscht!

Atlantis, Live, 1975, Vertigo Germany, 6623 900, 2LP

Always the same old story in music business: who gets the credits for the compositions? Too many musicians didn't get their credits. Listen to the live version of the funky "Mr. Bigshot (You get the credit)".
    Recorded at "Fabrik", Hamburg, with the Dierks Recording Mobile. Ein Live-Feuerwerk!

The Illusion, Together, 1970, Steed USA, ST 37005

Listen to the keyboard solo in track A2 "Happy Days". Do you remember, who played the original? Does anybody guess? Come on baby,.... 1967....

Badfinger, Wish You Were Here, 1974, Warner USA, BS 2827

This one is totally underrated and forgotten. Produced by Chris Thomas. At the same time: Pink Floyd had a wish because of the absence of Syd Barrett. Badfinger had a wish because of the absence of the listeners. Anyhow: Beatles' sounds are very present! Listen to "Know one knows" A4.
    Although the album received a favourable review in Rolling Stone magazine and is sometimes considered to be the band's best work, it was withdrawn from record stores in early 1975,[5] seven weeks after release, because of a lawsuit between Warner music publishing and Badfinger's management. The album's abbreviated manufacturing run and short tenure on the market has made the original LP relatively rare.
    (Cit:Wikipedia)

Babe Ruth - First Base:

Name:  20190413_205210_kl.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  108.3 KB

Best regards!

I picked up these 2 yesterday ....

in absolutely Mint condition ( they'd better be ..... for $1.29 each ) . had never seen the insert in Harvest before.

will be on their way to Chicago soon ...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Mint?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    in absolutely Mint condition ( they'd better be ..... for $1.29 each ) . had never seen the insert in Harvest before.

will be on their way to Chicago soon ...
    Mint? The cover sleeve of "Houses of the holy" seems not to be in mint condition, IMHO. But that doesn't matter at all, because this cover art is a magical icon, an eye catcher "par excellence". Every time i see this LP in a dust bin, my heart stops beating for 10 seconds, until i have to accept, that there is an album of "Peter Alexander" or "The Les Humphries Singers" in the sleeve. Nightmares...

With coined inner sleeve and even the blurb. NM, I'd say :

Name:  20190414_102422_kl.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  125.0 KB

Best regards!

The Ocean and the snowfall

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    With coined inner sleeve and even the blurb. NM, I'd say :

Name:  20190414_102422_kl.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  125.0 KB

Best regards!
    Be happy with this one, if it's a superb pressing. Turn up the volume and listen to the inspired intro of Led Zeppelins "The Ocean" on this snowfall-morning. Schönen Sonntag noch nach Deutschland!

No, it's quite cold here, but it isn't snowing . It doesn't snow very often here, so they successfully grow wine in the neighbourhood.

HOTH has been one of my two very first LP's that I've bought as a pupil in 1973. The other one was LZ's »Symbols« . I own none of them anymore, as I had to replace them, LZ IV several times due to party wearing out. The one I showed replaces my 1973 item one by one, with it's runout groove markings WEA-50014-A² at side A and R/S Alsdorf 50014 B3 Strawberry at side B. I've bought it as part of a collection in NM condition in the beginning of 2016.
    And yes, it's a really great album :

We've done four already
    But now it's steady
    And then they went
    One - two - three - four...

Best regards!

The Mystic Astrologic Crystal Band featuring Steve Hoffman, 1967, Vogue France

Picked up this one yesterday for the price of an espresso in a shop for used guitars. Nearly mint condition. A forgotten lost gem.
    The MACBand could have been some kind of US version of The Beatles. Why couldnt they? Funny psychedelic pop by Steve Hoffman, produced by Clancy B. Grass III. Plus some grass and acids. Listen to the sitar tunes of "Factory Endeavour" A1. This one makes you smile...

Thread Information