Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Behringer DCX2496 digital x-over any good

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    And thats what I've done on my Mac desktop (macmin) - mac's don't have Serial ports, so I had a USB to serial adapter on my old mac ...
    These days, the app I needed it for now comes in USB mode ...

Well, you don't know if its for nothing yet - if its supposed to be Null modem you did the right thing - but - you just need to turn the Port on first ...

Not floggin' ya - its just - thats one reason I quit with PCs hardware functions and interrupts and all of that was such a pain to deal with! -
    and I used to manage 4 serial ports (and more) when I ran a Bulletin board in the early 90s ...

best of luck to ya!
    Yeah well least I’m aiming in the right direction (getting warmer!) LOL

It would seem many have asked the same question about the BIOS for this pc which “F key”?

Now I’m trying keywords like “compaq deskpro DB9 how to enable” needle in haystack mean anything. LOL I’m going to be here all night long, looking for the answer.

If I don’t find it this week, I’ll pop down to see the chap, and ask if he remembers or he might come on around over a weekend so it might be a while now to wait.

Hey its not an emergency! Just a frustration thing, that keeps me up all night long.

Well least I got £10.00 pounds back and brought a cheaper RS-232 lead. if you think i was going to cut a £10.00 pound lead in half your crazy.

Edit: I’m guessing might have been disabled when it was used at the school.

Found this site that has well looks like the holy bible for this pc!
    http://www.opennet.ru/docs/FAQ/hardw...mpaq-aero.html

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Arrh yes of course.

Cheers for the reminder!

But when I pressed F10 the screen didn't look anything like the one pictured above.

different colors?
    different BIOS manufacturer?

They don't all appear identical... just sort of similar.
    AMI, Award, and Phoenix are all makers of such firmware,
    and they all have different looks.

If you don't save anything, you won't hurt anything by poking around.

JBL 4645
    different colors?
    different BIOS manufacturer?

They don't all appear identical... just sort of similar.
    AMI, Award, and Phoenix are all makers of such firmware,
    and they all have different looks.

If you don't save anything, you won't hurt anything by poking around.
    grumpy

It might be my own pc but I'm not going to start snooping at something I have no business doing. If I set the pc to perform a command that I don't need it might end up, being worse.

Cheers for the info I just didn't expect this whole thing to be a right dogs dinner with some frigging 5 or 6 pages, but that's why the site is here. How many days have I been at this now? LOL

Well I’ve been getting some good feedback from youtube. A chap over there mentioned “dip switches” inside the pc not much else thou.

So it’s possible the dip switches are set to mode that is not allowing the port to talk or what ever?

So I need to know more about the dip switches before tampering around with the pc. I know what dip switch is it’s the code number sequence that I need LOL.

There is one way to release tension!
    Now this game is funny Beating up the pc! LMAO! Just press the mouse button and starting fisting the pc! LMAO
    http://www.funny-games.biz/beatup-pc.html

If I used the fist on the CRT screen I'd break my hand!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you have no idea what you are doing inside your computer, you don't want to be inside your computer doing anything. Certainly don't open up your computer and start flipping hardware switches.

Really - just figure out how to do the BIOS thing, and if you can't figure that out, just sell the Behringer and stop dinking around with it.

This has gone on way too long and, as usual, is going into video games and all kind of screen cap crap that is way off the topic ...

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    grumpy

It might be my own pc but I'm not going to start snooping at something I have no business doing.
    If I set the pc to perform a command that I don't need it might end up, being worse.

Well I’ve been getting some good feedback from youtube. A chap over there mentioned “dip switches” inside the pc not much else thou.

So it’s possible the dip switches are set to mode that is not allowing the port to talk or what ever?

There is one way to release tension!
    Now this game is funny Beating up the pc! LMAO! Just press the mouse button and starting fisting the pc! LMAO
    http://www.funny-games.biz/beatup-pc.html
    God help us all - why aren't you going through all this stuff on the Behringer Support forums, hmmm?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

("my bad") tower system it is... I was remembering the wrong portion of the picture.
    DIP switches are possible ... a manual that matches the unit (or at least the motherboard)
    would help greatly.

Final suggestion: If modifying a BIOS setting is out of your league, then messing with
    RS-232 and Behringer firmware updates is RIGHT OUT. Just stick to the front panel and
    be happy with it.

Cheers.

Ashly - is this a desktop/tower PC with a monitor, or is it actually a laptop?
    I thought it was a desktop machine ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

JBL 4645
    If you have no idea what you are doing inside your computer, you don't want to be inside your computer doing anything. Certainly don't open up your computer and start flipping hardware switches.

Really - just figure out how to do the BIOS thing, and if you can't figure that out, just sell the Behringer and stop dinking around with it.

This has gone on way too long and, as usual, is going into video games and all kind of screen cap crap that is way off the topic ...

God help us all - why aren't you going through all this stuff on the Behringer Support forums, hmmm?
    Yes well its kinder frustrating for me. and I releasing tension out on game, better than kicking the pc around the room, though it might work, might only turn out to be lose wire inside. LOL

You know how long it takes to get a reply on the site! About day between each email LOL.
    I did this once before when I got the unit and was having issues with the settings as (all channels where muted) also the individual settings as I wanted independent control over six outputs.

Yeah no way I’m jumping inside and flipping switches. No worries I’ll ask next week when I travel down town.

I think there should be thread for problem solving as this has dragged far too, long and I'm just as fed up about it, as you. sigh

JBL 4645
    Ashly - is this a desktop/tower PC with a monitor, or is it actually a laptop?
    I thought it was a desktop machine ...

No, no you seen the picture for it before its desk-top pc tower.

There other, pictures that shows you behind the pc are few pages back more than a few pages back, sigh.

Please excuse the mess! I've got to sweep-up and vacuum the living room!

JBL 4645
    ("my bad") tower system it is... I was remembering the wrong portion of the picture.
    DIP switches are possible ... a manual that matches the unit (or at least the motherboard)
    would help greatly.

Final suggestion: If modifying a BIOS setting is out of your league, then messing with
    RS-232 and Behringer firmware updates is RIGHT OUT. Just stick to the front panel and
    be happy with it.

Cheers.
    grumpy
    Well it’s been working smartly for years like that now. I’m content with how its running. I just thought it would be 20 second thing to get the remote working with it. As its turned out its nearly 7 days now!

So, what DID the BIOS Screen look like when you pressed F10??

That sounds like you were headed in the right direction on this post!

It DID have the word BIOS on it, right?
    Did it have a vendor name like AMI, Award, Phoenix, Compaq or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Arrh yes of course.

Cheers for the reminder!

But when I pressed F10 the screen didn't look anything like the one pictured above.

JBL 4645
    So, what DID the BIOS Screen look like when you pressed F10??

That sounds like you were headed in the right direction on this post!

It DID have the word BIOS on it, right?
    Did it have a vendor name like AMI, Award, Phoenix, Compaq or something else?
    Is there a difference? No I can’t say I really honestly noticed?

I’ll shut down and have another look, just to make double sure!

JBL 4645
    Well I took this picture with the camera since I can’t use the pc to take a direct print screen or does it work when you in this mode?

Well this it what it looked like. I didn’t see the word BIOS on the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    And, Ashley, you can go this route, too - you have USB controllers showing on your hardward profile. You will still need the correct modem cord (null or straight thru), but will use a USB port and an USB->serial adapter - these come with a CD containing the needed software. This is how my laptops communicate with my DSP's.
    Don't forget, you can avoid all this BIOS editing and just use a USB->serial adapter and maybe make some headway...

You have USB ports.

Name:  usb-option.JPG
Views: 2070
Size:  29.7 KB

Thread Information