Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi jbl

hi jbl

mom ....i am at home

hi would like to say hi to all of you and if i could tell you .....i love jbl ....i loved them since i started this hobby in 94 ..somthing about there speakers make my ears sing and my heart skips a beat when ever i am near one of any jbl speakers ....

i currently own a pair of 5000$ ti6k i just brought them this thursday ...icant believe that these speakers are realy mine ...that they are standing infront of me ...tear...attached are some very amature pics of my lovely jbl (that dont do them justice and to that i am sorry ) i am using my mobile camera...

i have a couple of questions ..that i actualy asked in other forums ..before i finaly stumbled on the mother of all forums the jbl forum ( have i said that i love u jbl ) love is such a small word ...why is it that only a very few people like jbl ...i am very surprized ....they are too me the very best any one can hope for and then some ...they are used in 75% of all cinimas and that enough says alot of these speakers ..in kuwait all our cinimas have JBL speakers ..i some times before the show go to one and touch it( kind of say hi ) nobody gave me the time of day in those forum nobody satisfied me with a "yeah i am a proud owner of jbl ...."

people mostly love B&W
    klipsch
    bose and to the life of me i dont know why
    and other brands

my other question since i just brought these i was wandering is JBL going to have any new high end speakers anytime soon ...it would be ashame to see my tiks go clasic soo soon ...iknow they have the L series comming out soon but that is hardly high end ..i am speaking in the line of my tiks..

any way thank u for your hospitality and nice too meet u all...
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Figge
    Hi! and welcome aboard!

nice set of boxes

people mostly love B&W
    klipsch
    and other brands

I guess they dont listen very much

Regards Fredrik

Steve Gonzales

Welcome!

Welcome to the Great Lansing Heritage Site!. To answer your question: Many are called, few are CHOSEN . Thank you for sharing.

Welcome Amadeo

- I think Steve has put it nicely .

- Thanks for the pics. We always love to see what is making other LHS members happy

Welcome aboard. I have a pair of B&W Nautilus 802s. I like them for different reasons. I would take a pair of 4343s over them in a heartbeat.......but my wife won't. I have listened to a lot of speakers that were claimed to be so accurate that but they sound to harsh or too flat for my tastes. I'm going to try some 4330s next. It's all a matter of taste. I would love to here a pair of the ones you have!

Smile Welcome Amadeo!

We're glad you found us and that you got your beautiful Ti6K speakers. I've heard both the Ti6K and Ti10k sets. The enclosure design is marvelous, and the drivers and networks are first class.

Two key design elements are 1) the front speaker baffle, whose tapering shape keeps the baffle an ideal size for the successively smaller drivers as you go to the top, and 2) the special 4" inverted dome Titanium driver used in the midrange. This driver really delivers the goods, and you'll also see versions of it in the JBL Performance Series and in the Revel Ultima Series (both Harman International divisions).

Of course, if you're around here for a while, you'll see I'm a big fan of Titanium drivers and of JBL's newer designs. Your TiK Series speakers will be top flight gear for many years to come.

Enjoy!

BTW, please tell us what you like about the sound of the Ti6K.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeo
    mom ....i am at home

people mostly love B&W
    klipsch
    and other brands
    And I own some Klipsch, along with my JBL. I love them. But I have Heresy IIs and JBL 4311s. To be honest, they compare quite favorably with one another. The 4311s go lower and the Heresys are more efficient.

Cool new system. Can't wait to hear your reviews.

Bruce

i posted in av forum its oficial no words can describe them.,... i couldent wait to get them out of the box ...and when i did and saw there shiny finish i could not believe that they are realy mine ... stylish looks ...my room sucks in comparison ..i am sure if i built my self a dedicated home theater lounge these will realy shine..

if you saw these speakers you woould have noticed that they have no rear spealer binding posts ( they are placed on the botton of the speakers ) wich were a real challange to get the spealer wire sitteing comfortably under them ...but once i finished ...tightened the screws on one of the triamp binding posts ..i opened my ROTEL amps

i placed my music cd collection ....and OH ...MY....GOD do they sing ( this i did after a 48 hour brake in period radio fm broadcast) .........i alwayse woundered what it would be like when i read some reviews on high end speakers ...and the critics say they listened to there whole cd collection becase the sound was so different ...they heard things that were not there on their previous spealers ...and that is exactly what i am doing know...

to describe the sound i,ll close my eyes and say they are rich, clear, full, strong and i hope youl understand when i say they are as sweat as a strawbery

taste a strawbery now imagin the sound ....get it ..thats the best i can describe it....
    JBL i am the biggest fan

future plans hopefull in october this year .....will move my ti6k as rears and buy a 7000$ ti10k (mains LR) i never put a price on great sound as i am sure u dont either ....anyho with 4 speakers towering over me .... ti10ks mains ....ti6k rears ...tik center ...and 600 watt tik sub ....i would be in my final resting place

my jbl dealer actualy advised against this set up he said that i should leave the ti6k as mains and buy the tiny ti2k as rears ( he said that they were desighned espesialy for that purpose ...) ...i will not do this i dont care what they were designed for i will not place those puny speakers as rears ....

what he displayed in the showroom was this ti6k mains ...tik sub ( wich blew me away he had LOTR demo and i can tell u he didnt say hear this he said feel this ...and boy did i feel it ...i actualy felt the bass waves hitting my head on ) 2 ti2k as rears and tik center....

it was marvelous but i want more than that so i am going to neglect his advice and am going (cross fingers with the ti10k wich are a foot taller than my ti6k....what do you think...i cant wait ...

ps i have a nickname for my speakers i call them my "VADERS" because they look so much like darth vaders mask (with grills on )

this is what i want in my room but instead of the B&W i want my VADERS
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    JBL i am the biggest fan

I have a magazine with a test report on the TI10K , but I have been thinking that it is probably not a good idea to post complete copyrighted articles in the forum. So anyone who would like to read the full test report, from The Audio Critic, (Summer/Fall 2002) should send me a PM.
    An excerpt:
    Striking in appearance, a near miss in performance—that sums up my take on the JBL Ti1OK....

They sounded bright and punchy in my room, detailed but much too aggressive. I shudder to think what they would have sounded like in a really live room, my main listening room being fairly dead....

How can I arrive at a balanced evaluation of the Ti10K? Its striking cosmetics and high-tech drivers certainly make an ambitious statement. Its midrange is flat and undistorted -and that’s important. But what about its miscalculated high-frequency response and a bass that isn’t even close to that of the $499 Hsu Research VTF-2 subwoofer (see above)? At $3500 per side? And inconvenient to connect and to move, on top of everything else? I can’t really give a ringing endorsement to a speaker like that, regardless of its positive qualities.

Charley Rummel

Great to have you on the forum!

Great to have you on the forum, Amadeo! Any questions to put forth, or anything to share with us to add to the knowledge base is all for the greater!

Regards,
    Charley Rummel

DON C

thank u so much on that review ...for some reason the tik speaker reviews are very rare you could find revel salon reviews more!....as for me i never read an oppinion of one critic ...it has to be at least 4 different critics if i want to pass judgment on any gear ..that critics father could have passed away just the night before he made the test on the ti10k ....he could have issues with the whole jbl company ..you never know ...so yah i would rather read a few more ...but thanks any way and i have been looking like crazy on reviews on the tik series in the internet ...with no luck so if any body know were i could find some especialy ti6k...i would be much obliged.(not customer reviews )
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Post PR

This is more like an informative press release. Perhaps you've seen it already?

http://www.hometheatermag.com/news/10097/
    Out.

Post Opinions I've heard

TiK is buried in this review of JBL in general.

http://www.epinions.com/content_2174656644
    Out.

Post Dutch, anyone

If you read Dutch, here's a review called "Perfect Contours."

http://www.mainpress.com/audiovision...s%20JBLTIK.htm

It describes the Ti6K as "...a beautiful performer with warm, deep, and full lows, and spicy yet not insistent highs."
    Out.

Thread Information