Thread: SPAMMER sent me a PM!

SPAMMER sent me a PM!

Just got an email - I thought this Bozo was banned and that PM hack had been fixed once before.

I have never posted my pvt email publicly on the Lansing Hermitage Forums ...
    Anyway, this is that potty mouthed Firkham Hall place

here is the email I just got:

all new audio forum

This is a message from isaac hunt at Lansing Heritage Forums ( http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/index.php ). The Lansing Heritage Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email isaac hunt, you can use this online form:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...member&u=15601

OR, by email:
    mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Hi there,
    i have a mad new hifi forum up and running. we have some real crazy members. it's damn good fun, come take a look sometime.....
    URL DELETED

regards isaac
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I've gotten those exact same emails before, but quite a while go. I had no idea where they came from and didn't put two and two together. When I checked out the site and saw it was garbage, I never went back. What the heck do dorks like this gain from this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    I've gotten those exact same emails before, but quite a while go. I had no idea where they came from and didn't put two and two together. When I checked out the site and saw it was garbage, I never went back. What the heck do dorks like this gain from this crap?
    Could be just social engineering stuff -
    web folks tend to use a limited amount of USER-IDs and passwords ... some folks use the same password everywhere!
    set up a site and encourage people to come and login to your new forums, or whatever ... even offer 'prizes" and such.
    once you get a copy of their login and pwd, you can try that combo on other sites and see if they work there,
    you may get their ebay or paypal password ... from their you can hack those accounts and that can be worth real money!
    its the easiest way to "hack" into other sites ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Could be just social engineering stuff -
    web folks tend to use a limited amount of USER-IDs and passwords ... some folks use the same password everywhere!
    set up a site and encourage people to come and login to your new forums, or whatever ... even offer 'prizes" and such.
    once you get a copy of their login and pwd, you can try that combo on other sites and see if they work there,
    you may get their ebay or paypal password ... from their you can hack those accounts and that can be worth real money!
    its the easiest way to "hack" into other sites ...
    Could be... Hifiwigwam.com is a great site... Hifiwigwam.net seems to be exactly what you are suggesting.

Widget

I checked the user profile and it was typical of a spammer. So they are now gone.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    I checked the user profile and it was typical of a spammer. So they are now gone.

Rob
    I guess I am particularly thick this morning... I couldn't find a user name in Heather's post.

Widget

Isaac Hunt

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Clever... in a 12 year old boy sort of way.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by svollmer View Post
    I've gotten those exact same emails before, but quite a while go.
    Me Too ! last year or so... They just go right into the trash folder and then deleted immediately ! There is so much crap on the net these days it's getting ridiculous with all the Malware out there one has to be careful of what you click on !
    "James B. Lansing" = Lansing Manufacturing ~ Altec Lansing ~ JBL

Thread Information