Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L-112 as oppossed to L-110

Obsolete
    Originally posted by Audiobeer
    Your right Gordon! I picked up the L-112s last week and have been enjoying them since! They are head and shoulders above the L-110s!!
    Are these them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14993

Why are you selling them? L300 fund?

Yes they are! I'm selling off monitors to get the L-300s. Got to stay out of the Dog House if you know what I mean!
    Last edited by Audiobeer; 09-01-2003 at 11:55 AM.

Obsolete
    Understood

But the L300's should be worth it

I posted the EDS on the L300/4333 in another thread somewhere. Did you see it?

No, But I'll look for it. Thanks a lot! I have to put some surrounds on the L-300s. Are you up for it. I won't get them for weeks. Have to schedule a road trip.

Obsolete
    Well, I'd go with you if I wasn't so far north of you

Love to have to company.....I'm good for two hours then I start doing that head wobble deal. Actualy I was talking about doing the surrounds on the Woofers.
    Last edited by Audiobeer; 09-01-2003 at 12:15 PM.

Obsolete
    Oh. No, I don't do surrounds, just full recones, sorry

I have two brand new 2235H kits though.

BTW, I finally got a single LE10 basket in... figures eh?

Originally posted by Giskard
    Oh. No, I don't do surrounds, just full recones, sorry

I have two brand new 2235H kits though.

BTW, I finally got a single LE10 basket in... figures eh?
    That's my luck. I found one also on the net reconed for $200. Ouch! These babies are more valuable parted out!

Talking First time poster:Constructive criticism

Hello all, this is my first time posting on the forums I am here to just get an idea on what to do to improve my l166 Horizons left mid-range. on the left channel does not work I've tried cleaning the l-pad I even took the cap off (which hurt me inside) I'm about to put the right channel mid-range into the left to see if I just bought a bad midrange off eBay (don't have a volt meter). I got this pair of l166's as a gift, gifted to me by my future father-in-law for Christmas the left mid-range stopped working some time ago I'm not entirely sure if it was even working when I got them, my memory is failing me but his son had replaced the woofers with JBL loud car woofers so I bought some 128h Wilfred off of eBay and put those in. It's a night-and-day difference, but Im curious as to whether or not the 122a wolfers are better.(or how they differ from the 122a's) I'm not necessarily looking for an all-original build but if I could use all original JBL parts from back in that time period to make the best floor standing speakers to my ears, that would be wonderful. Any response is greatly appreciated. I also am wondering if the le5 - 5 out of the gerbils would be an upgrade in the sense of sound for the mid-range. Sorry if I am bringing pain to the Grandmasters who like them all original. I'm just trying to figure out what I like. Thanks again everyone
    ,Mike
    Oh and I'm reply to this thread because everyone here seems to know what's up and you guys were talking about the le5 series.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonMike View Post
    Hello all, this is my first time posting on the forums I am here to just get an idea on what to do to improve my l166 Horizons left mid-range. on the left channel does not work I've tried cleaning the l-pad I even took the cap off (which hurt me inside) I'm about to put the right channel mid-range into the left to see if I just bought a bad midrange off eBay (don't have a volt meter). I got this pair of l166's as a gift, gifted to me by my future father-in-law for Christmas the left mid-range stopped working some time ago I'm not entirely sure if it was even working when I got them, my memory is failing me but his son had replaced the woofers with JBL loud car woofers so I bought some 128h Wilfred off of eBay and put those in. It's a night-and-day difference, but Im curious as to whether or not the 122a wolfers are better.(or how they differ from the 122a's) I'm not necessarily looking for an all-original build but if I could use all original JBL parts from back in that time period to make the best floor standing speakers to my ears, that would be wonderful. Any response is greatly appreciated. I also am wondering if the le5 - 5 out of the gerbils would be an upgrade in the sense of sound for the mid-range. Sorry if I am bringing pain to the Grandmasters who like them all original. I'm just trying to figure out what I like. Thanks again everyone
    ,Mike
    Oh and I'm reply to this thread because everyone here seems to know what's up and you guys were talking about the le5 series.
    Did you try swapping the mids 1st?

,Mike
    LE5-6 - LE5-8 - LE5-10 and LE5-12 are all correct for the L166
    Only the frame colors will be different - some silver, some black and maybe the terminals
    I don't have one of each all in front of me right now

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    Did you try swapping the mids 1st?
    You were correct with your suggestion - he tried your advice
    He has an open circuit
    I PMed him the schematic
    http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Te.../L166%20ts.pdf
    He just replied back-looks like a fried resister
    I love a happy ending

Name:  7333.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  158.6 KB

I don't have a picture of the crack right now I apologize, but it is the white one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Sullivan View Post
    LE5-6 - LE5-8 - LE5-10 and LE5-12 are all correct for the L166
    Only the frame colors will be different - some silver, some black and maybe the terminals
    I don't have one of each all in front of me right now
    I found a thread with the spec sheets for all of the le5 series midranges and if I know how to read it at all the le5-5's were more impressive"

I found a thread with the spec sheets for all of the le5 series midranges and if I know how to read it at all the le5-5's were more impressive"
    I don't know what "impressive" means
    The LE5-5 uses the inverted paper dome versus the aluminum type
    Sensitivity and voice coil differences too
    The ones in my list are electrically identical-in other words drop in replacements for the LE5-8
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...The-LE5-Matrix
    Will an LE5-5 fill the hole and work? Sure, but you're losing me now as to why this is an issue, at least why it's an issue for you until you get both boxes working
    JBL speakers are, were, designed as systems
    I'd fix the obvious open circuit issue first-play and make sure your speakers are sound-and then go from there before I started worrying about rolling different transducers

Thread Information