Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1683

Thread: JBL Master Reference Monitor

There is already some grooves on the panels for that purpose. We can see them on the inner face of the left panel. So I doubt that it is for this reason. But maybe.

jbl

I personally like jbl monitors specifically lsr 305. It is worth checking out.

I've owned the M2 speakers for 1½ years and have been driving them with a BSS Soundweb and Crown CTs1200 amplifiers (Class AB+B).

I recently bought 3 Crown MacroTech 5000i to replace the CTs1200 as I wanted to try out the amps "designed" for the M2s. New amps are Class-I (I.e. switching amp)

My listening initial impressions so far (not scientific tests):
    - Better: New amps sound more dynamic and micro details are more noticable.
    - Better: Bass sounds improved. Tighter, punchier and more control
    - Worse: Mids sounds more "stuffy"/reserved. Difficult to describe - but doesn't sound like an improvement unfortunately :/
    - Same: Highs seem unchanged

Do any of you have experience with Macrotech I's as fullrange? I've measured before and after and they measure 100% identical.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the M2's are spec'd for use with the Itech series amps which use BSS DSP. The Macrotech line uses DBX processing right?

I haven't heard my M2s with the Itech series amps but would like to. I run mine as you do, with a BSS processor and Class AB amps (300WPC).

No, macrotechs are itechs without any DSP.

M2 is, in their marketing material, designed for either itechs or BSS Soundweb with Macrotech. I just started using the latter.

I'm using Crown DCI 2|1250N's on my M2's, probably the best speakers I've ever heard and owned, but not heard them with separate DSP and Amps so I can't comment. Will say the drivecore network install amps are fantastic, the fan's switch on and off but are really quiet, you only really hear them when there's no content playing.

I am looking for some info regarding a small detail of the baffle, namely the baffle inset compared to the 45° sides:

Name:  m2 photo baffle inset.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  139.9 KB

Here is the dimension I am looking for (top view):
    Name:  M2 baffle inset.png
Views: 1765
Size:  1.1 KB

Any help appreciated

Well this sure was surprising!

I just measured both of my speakers, and the measurements are quite diverse. I measured the lips at all 4 corners of each speaker. The minimum was 1.99mm and the maximum was 4,28mm!

The corner where the grill is most flush with the beveled edge is the one with the 4,28mm lip, The speakers are so dark though that these and other factory imperfections are not noticeable.

I hope this helps POS

Quote Originally Posted by Fitero View Post
    I hope this helps POS
    It does!
    Thanks a lot

Why this question? Is it important?

Quote Originally Posted by Fitero View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the M2's are spec'd for use with the Itech series amps which use BSS DSP. The Macrotech line uses DBX processing right?

I haven't heard my M2s with the Itech series amps but would like to. I run mine as you do, with a BSS processor and Class AB amps (300WPC).
    Which BSS processor? I have Crown DCi 4|1250n amps and am looking to swap them out due to the fan noise. Did you ever run yours with a high powered Crown amp as spec’d? I’d be curious is you notice the (relatively) lower power rating.

Thanks
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas_h View Post
    I have been running my M2s with a BSS Soundweb BLU160 and Crown CTS1200 amps for a year now and I am very happy. I chose the CTs1200 because I had them already and my gut-feeling prefers class A/B when the speakers play mids/highs.

But I have been thinking lately if there are any improvements by going for other amps.

An obvious choice would be the Crown MA5000i which is recommended by JBL Pro if a BSS unit is used. Do you think there would be any noticable change in sound? It's a Class I/BCA amp which I know have exceptionel performance on subs (I'm using a 12000i on subs). But what about mids/highs?

JBL bundles the M2s with Mark Levinson amps when purchasing through Synthesis. Old-school A/B amps with a big torodial power supply.

What are your experiences with the various amps? Do they all sound the same if not pushed or is there potential improvement here?

(Fan noise is not an issue as I have the amps in an equipment room)
    Does the BSS 160 allow for 3 channels per side (6 in total)?
    Thanks,
    Paul

The BLU160, and the other units in this series, are flexible, they can be configured in many different ways. Mine has 8 channels in and 8 channels out. It has two analog input cards and two analog output cards. I'm currently only using two inputs and four outputs though. The cards are available separately. Study any used units carefully as they may not even come with the cards, or may have a less useful configuration. You could do 16 channels in and add an extender box to get 16 out if you like. For another example, the SDEC 4500P (it's really a BLU160 in disguise) is normally configured with 12 channels in and only 4 out, so it is normally used with a 4500X extender to get more outputs. The blu link port is used to link the 2 units together to work as 1. In my opinion, the BLU160 modified with Noctua fans and a cardboard snorkel fastened to the side of the box, is probably the best solution for noise control that we know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    The BLU160, and the other units in this series, are flexible, they can be configured in many different ways. Mine has 8 channels in and 8 channels out. It has two analog input cards and two analog output cards. I'm currently only using two inputs and four outputs though. The cards are available separately. Study any used units carefully as they may not even come with the cards, or may have a less useful configuration. You could do 16 channels in and add an extender box to get 16 out if you like. For another example, the SDEC 4500P (it's really a BLU160 in disguise) is normally configured with 12 channels in and only 4 out, so it is normally used with a 4500X extender to get more outputs. The blu link port is used to link the 2 units together to work as 1. In my opinion, the BLU160 modified with Noctua fans and a cardboard snorkel fastened to the side of the box, is probably the best solution for noise control that we know of.

Thank you Don for the information. What would be the appropriate BLU product for me as I only need a total of 2 channels in and 6 channels out? I have a DAC that feeds 2 channels into the DSP and then a pair of M2s (4 total channels) and a pair of SUB18's (2 total channels).

Thanks
    Paul

There are many different ways to configure. A BLU160 with one analog input and two analog output cards will do fine. I haven't done anything with the digital input cards but that's an option too.
    You can look at the color of the LEDs to determine which cards are installed in any unit. If you want to try the factory file, which I don't reccomend due to the password protection, you will want to match the hardware config in that file, If I recall correctly, two analog in cards and two analog out cards. 8 in and 8 out.
    Brochure:

SoundwebLondonBrochure_original.pdfSoundwebLondonBrochure_original.pdf

Thread Information