Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Small but perfectly formed JBL home cinema

JBL 4645
    I’m thinking getting true cinema seating because the reason is I get deeply depressed sitting in slouching sofa or even those propose made potato seats for home theatre in the US, they look, repulsive looking.

So professional cinema seating it is used or new I don’t care, but the price has got to be right, one cinema seating as been around long before home cinema not to mention television. Cinema seating is the art of comport and thou I would like a [rocker seat] kinder like the ones used at the Empire Leicester square in screen 1, new or used doesn’t really matter.

One such site I found in Google image, well I can tell that’s in the USA, no matter I’ll keep fishing around tonight and give London a call Monday to get some information, I need to know where the top cinema UK cinema seating suppliers are in the United Kingdom.

http://www.preferred-seating.com/html/Auditorium4.html

I like this video with true cinema seating no imitations no couch slouching potato seats seen here.

Home Theater Seating, real movie chairs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcCwImkU_Pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpwhOworwO0

JBL 4645
    Doing some more re-thinking this evening does anyone know the cost of the framing for rack mounting because I might have a plan C solution for the living room. I’ve measured one item which has the maximum depth which is my Pioneer laserdisc player CLD-1750 same goes with Pioneer CLD-2950.

Depth of the wall area is 18” depth of Pioneer laserdisc player CLD-1750 with RCA phones attached is 17 ½ and that’s extremely tight. All the other equipment is well under that mounting depth.

I figure I could save a few Bob, if I had the mounting racks.

JBL 4645
    I guess what might be everyone’s mind is? Is the name of the home cinema, well that’s a secret for now I already have a name for it.

Doing some more re-thinking this evening does anyone know the cost of the framing for rack mounting
    Hello 4645

Do you mean the L bars that go into the cabinets?? They are very inexpensive. The cabinet is what's going to cost you. It's real easy to convert cabinets if they can accomodate the 19" rack gear.

Rob

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....ctGroup_ID=806

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello 4645

Do you mean the L bars that go into the cabinets?? They are very inexpensive. The cabinet is what's going to cost you. It's real easy to convert cabinets if they can accomodate the 19" rack gear.

Rob

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....ctGroup_ID=806

Yes that’s what I’ll need do they come in different lengths or am going to need a hacksaw to cut them to length size.

Thanks mate.

Well that’s in the US isn’t parts express, so I’ll call digital village in the morning and see if they have L rack plates in stock for next day delivery.

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645
    ...do they come in different lengths or am going to need a hacksaw to cut them to length size?
    You'll see they have various lengths available there.

Be aware if you haven't used rack rail before that the equipment mounting holes are not evenly spaced - this is especially important if you're cutting to custom lengths! The holes are spaced based on standard increments, but the holes that are top/bottom to each piece of equipment are closer together. (Easier to see in person than explain with words... ).

John

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    You'll see they have various lengths available there.

Be aware if you haven't used rack rail before that the equipment mounting holes are not evenly spaced - this is especially important if you're cutting to custom lengths! The holes are spaced based on standard increments, but the holes that are top/bottom to each piece of equipment are closer together. (Easier to see in person than explain with words... ).

John
    Gotcha evenly spaced, also can you get parts to fit onto devices that don’t have the holes and modify them. Yes that may sound brutal, drilling into a DVD player on the side and laserdisc player to fit the brackets, maybe that’s not a good idea, or may be it is.

Thanks mate.

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645
    ...also can you get parts to fit onto devices that don’t have the holes and modify them?
    I've been know to do that. Those parts are called "rack ears" and tons of different ones are available from all kinds of manufacturers. They have the correct rack holes/slots already in them - you just have to figure out how to mount them to the components...

John

JBL 4645
    I've been know to do that. Those parts are called "rack ears" and tons of different ones are available from all kinds of manufacturers. They have the correct rack holes/slots already in them - you just have to figure out how to mount them to the components...

John
    LOL so any item that is sold on Ebay that has [Rack Ears] I’ll know who to contact if the unit breaks down, just kidding.

Right so I’ll ask digital village in the morning if they also have [Rack Ears] I like the sound of that.

Thanks mate that's a real bouns.

JBL 4645
    Well, well my, my, my this took a bit of searching around this morning a few miss and hits and then I was pointed into the direction of [Studio Spares] UK where they have different framing.

I’ve ordered x2 24U framing and nuts screws and washes and plastic washers to isolate it from the framing. That should do it now, but I still need to get timbre and [MDF sheet a thin type] to place around the whole assembly to give it a flash and pucker look.

24U framing L rack
    http://www.studiospares.com/Product.aspx?code=900076

Thanks to Rob and John, I couldn’t get straight answer for the [Rack Ears] because it needs to be [1 to 1] if I want to drill holes into the sides of the Pioneer CLD-1750 laserdisc player and fix that into the framing neatly. Well I’m sure the problem will present itself sooner or later, I’ll figure a way around that.

JBL 4645

Thumbs up True cinema seating best deal

I’ve been phoning around this morning for true cinema seating and have got a deal or has Noel Edmonds, would say “deal or no deal” DEAL YES!

£10.00 per cinema seating for [Odeon Hille Premiere seating black] has seen in the picture here. I’ve ordered x6 plus I’ll have to wait until there delivery van is in the area to make it easy, the seats are all ready assembled that’s why I need to wait cost for delivery could be anywhere from £80.00 to £100.00 pounds.

So if anyone else on the forums would like to buy more of these seats I can pm you and I’ll forward the contact because they have loads of these will sadly end up in skip and that would be a shame.

RIP 2009
    If you don't want to mount rack ears to your components, rack shelves are also available. You mount the shelves in your rack, and just sit the components on them: http://cableorganizer.com/computer-c...k-shelves.html

John

JBL 4645
    If you don't want to mount rack ears to your components, rack shelves are also available. You mount the shelves in your rack, and just sit the components on them: http://cableorganizer.com/computer-c...k-shelves.html

John

Hello there John good afternoon.

I understand now. It was all to alien to me early on this morning, [rack shelves] because the guy on the phone was trying to explain that to me, but there wasn’t any visual images to see and I was a little unsure at the time.

But now I understand where you’re coming from. Rack shelves would be a grand idea to place the place the
    x2 laserdisc players and the few other items like
    x 3DVD
    x1 Hi-Fi stereo VCR
    x1Kenwood KRF-X9050D THX select AVR
    x1 Yamaha DSR-70Pro-logic processor
    x1 Yamaha DSP-100

While the rest is fitted to the racking
    DCX2496
    BFQ2496

And future DCX2496 x2 plus x5 DEQ2496

JBL 4645
    My dad just popped around to drop of chair no its not a cinema chair, a chair that was better and stronger than the one before which LOL broke in half this afternoon after I just made a deal on the cinema seat the darn thing collapsed. And I laughed my ass off I just thought that was funniest thing that’s happened today.

I showed my dad this $6million dollar caper and even my dad said it looked fake when I pointed out the image of that Rat film was pasted on the screen because it had lighting turned up full and it would wash the image out, he still thought it was fake LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645

Smile 24U Racking plate framing

Well its turned up but I think I need two more of the same for the back don’t I, providing of course I want to use rack trays that slide outwards. I’ve been viewing the studio spares catalogue that arrived early this morning and saw the cost of rack trays around £22.00 pounds that isn’t too bad providing I, don’t go nuts and buy a whole bunch of sliding trays or I can then just buy a normal tray.

Other than that I’m pleased with the look of the racking plates, very pleased. In the meantime I’ll keep the racking plates in the cardboard tube safely until I’ve got the timber frame fitted up along with flash virtual piece of thin MDF boarding.

Thread Information