Page 693 of 721 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 10808

Thread: What's Playing Now

Hot Tuna - America's Choice
    (1975, Grunt) KENDUN A

Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood/McIntosh MC 2205/JBL 4430

Gypsy, Antithesis, 1972, RCA USA, LSP 4775

Bill Lordan, drums (Robin Trower's drummer from 1974 until 1987). Psychedelic bluesrock from Hollywood, California. Listen to the superb guitar work by Enrico Rosenbaum in "Travelin' Minnesota Blues" B2.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Bobby Byrd & The J.B.'s All Stars, Finally Getting Paid, 1988, Rhythm Attack, RAP 3-1

What great voices by Lyn Collins, Marva Whitney, Carleen Anderson, Vicki Anderson, Martha High and Bobby Byrd! Thrilling full power rhythm attack by Fred Wesley, Maceo Parker and Pee Wee Ellis. Recorded live at Town & Country Club, London, July 1988. Mastered at Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg, Germany. Listen to the vocals by Lyn Collins in James Brown's "Think" A2.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

picked this up today.

didn't know the label, have never seen the cover. looks unplayed.
    only discovered that it's German when I got home. I like CCR.

is that JF on second from right ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

JF

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post

Yes, this must be JF. Those were the days of the moustaches. In Switzerland the moustache is called: Schnauz. John Fogerty: a tragical restraint of a brilliant artists progression by the Vanz who kant danz. By the way: these German Bellaphon pressings were mostly superb!

Out of the juke box

You had big luck to find this 45rpm with a sleeve in superb condition. My copy has a mishandled (not by me!!!) one. Mostly these sleeves are destroyed or missing, because the singles were placed in a juke box. My copy was played perhaps some 1000x in a juke box. Hence: only poor dynamics left. Avoid buying, if there is this little typewriter juke box-label left in the sleeve!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    Yes, this must be JF. Those were the days of the moustaches. In Switzerland the moustache is called: Schnauz. John Fogerty: a tragical restraint of a brilliant artists progression by the Vanz who kant danz. By the way: these German Bellaphon pressings were mostly superb!
    I only got that ID from process of elimination. JF's songs were largely anti-war, anti-military (tho he did serve in the Army) , so to see him posing in a Civil War military uniform threw me off (but looking back, he was dressed that way on their first album's cover) ... it just rather throws the confusing message about their music ???

Military uniform

I only got that ID from process of elimination. JF's songs were largely anti-war, anti-military (tho he did serve in the Army) , so to see him posing in a Civil War military uniform threw me off (but looking back, he was dressed that way on their first album's cover) ... it just rather throws the confusing message about their music ???

These psychedlic military uniforms were a sign of the time. Look at the jackets of Jimi Hendrix (Monterey) or the Beatles (Sgt. Peppers) and yes: Cream (Fresh Cream). Funny colored anti-war-uniforms.

Mongo Santamaria, Ole Ola, 1989, Concord Picante Germany, CJP 387

Listen to the vocals of Jill Armsbury in "Ole Ola" A2. What about the congas in Jazz or Pop music of today?

The Bill Evans Trio - Moonbeams
    (1962, Riverside) MONO

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Tinderbox
    (1986, Geffen)

Manu Dibango, Home Made, 1979, African France, 362 018

He is probably one of the most sophisticated of the African musicians; and also one of those who have really made it in the international music scene. (cit: Liner notes by Louise Edimo on back cover)
    Soul Makossa. Listen to the wonderful hypnotic "Tropical Garden" A2 on this sunny spring morning.

John Fogerty: a tragical restraint of a brilliant artists progression by the Vanz who kant danz.
    I agree that the Vanz-Fogerty deal was terrible, but it had 1 good side effect. "Zaentz's film production career, was primarily financed by the profits from Creedence Clearwater Revival"
    Zaentz received the Best Picture Oscar for three films One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Amadeus (1984)—as well as for The English Patient

Zaentz died on January 3, 2014 in San Francisco, California at the age of 92 In 2015 during an interview with Forbes, Fogerty was asked how he felt about his death. He responded:
    Amazingly, I had very little feeling at all, almost none. And it’s so weird because I had promised myself, you know, 40 years ago, 'Someday I’ll dance a jig on [his] grave.' I literally saw myself like a little leprechaun and holding, in one hand, my half a gold record that we had gotten for 'Suzie Q,' and I was going to throw that down in the hole where the casket was

Fantasy Records owns the distribution and publishing rights to the music of CCR; to extricate himself from his original contract with Fantasy, John Fogerty signed away even more than the original contract had stipulated.[8] Additionally, bad investments by Zaentz and Fantasy, seemingly on the group's behalf, cost CCR millions of dollars,[9] some of which the group recouped through legal proceedings. In the 1980s, Zaentz sued Fogerty claiming plagiarism from Fogerty's own music asking for $140 million in damages but lost (Fantasy, Inc. v. Fogerty);[10]

Fogerty counter-sued for reimbursement of attorneys' fees and in a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court, Fogerty v. Fantasy, 510 U.S. 517 (1994), he won. Fogerty composed songs about the experience on his 1985 album Centerfield ("Zanz Kant Danz", "Mr. Greed"), which were thinly veiled slams at Zaentz.[11]

Defamation of character lawsuits followed for the lyric, "Zanz can't dance but he'll steal your money", and also claiming that the fundamental music in "The Old Man Down the Road" was a lift from the Fantasy-copyrighted-but-Fogerty-written song "Run Through the Jungle" from CCR's successful album Cosmo's Factory (1970). The defamation issue was settled, with Warner Bros. and Fogerty changing the title and lyric to "Vanz Kant Danz".[12] Zaentz lost on the copyright issue when a jury found Fogerty not liable.[11]

Fogerty in turn claimed the label misled him about investing and managing his earnings from royalties, resulting in a devastating financial loss. Years later, when Zaentz sold his interest in Fantasy, Fogerty almost immediately re-signed with the label.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Zaentz

Illusion, Same, 1969. Steed USA, ST 37003

50 years ago: beat-pop-rocknroll. Hairy times! Listen to "Talkin' sweet talkin' soul" A2.
    Produced by Jeff Barry

Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking
    (1969, A&M) RL SS

belated Happy Birthday to Richard Thompson.

Thread Information